[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (61KB, 570x757px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 570x757px
I'm a fashion (editorial) photographer with top notch publications in women's magazines. Feel free to ask me anything; wouldn't mind spreading some knowledge as I'm currently in a rut.

I won't post personal or work details. If this thread isn't appreciated, feel free to let it bleed out!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width570
Image Height757
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2901067

are models degenerate whores?
>>
>>2901069

Generally I think models are the nicest people in the fashion industry. Often intelligent, punctual and with a game-plan. They're often the tall and awkward girls you see walking down the street in an old sweater, at least in western-Europe, where most the models I book come from. Girls from Russia and the Ukraine are generally so driven to get higher up they can carry a hefty attitude (though other models suffer more from that than the photographer does).

Of course there are exceptions, but models are my favorite people in "the biz"!
>>
>>2901067
what are best ways to capture the perfect photo?
>>
>>2901067
As someone with good technical and studio skills, what's the best way to reach out to you as a prospective assistant/intern, assuming location is in a large city
>>
>>2901067
How to get into the fashion photography scene?
>>
>>2901073

Although I'm all about a good technical background, I think it matters little when capturing the perfect moment. My best and most succesful photos are grainy or a little blurry because I grabbed my camera on a hunch and had to estimate the measurements in a second. In fashion it even adds some more artistic charm sometimes. In advertising this is generally unacceptable of course; then again I usually focus on editorial.

Capturing the moment is all about keeping your eyes open and studying your subject. You'll end up bringing out what you see in them.
>>
>>2901075

Find a photographer you like, studying them thoroughly and emailing them personally. Refrain from sending a generic e-mail where you only switch names. Photographers usually have a bit of an ego, and even if they don't they only want to bring people in their inner circle who has interest in their work, specifically.

I also had numerous phonecalls but I like an e-mail best. Phonecalls break up the flow of either your set-day or your editing time.
>>
>>2901075

Also, keep in mind that some photographers feel threathened by students who show a lot of artistic promise. Top notch photographers actually appreciate young talent, but many prefer someone who can set up their lights and change their flashcards, so to speak.

That being said, there are actually professional photographer's assistants out there. Especially for (fashion) photographers who have no technical background.
>>
>>2901076

The fastest way when you have to start from scratch is attending events and parties, flaunting around your ego and businesscards like you're the new fucking gandhi of fashion photography. It's tedious work as people in fashion (art directors, magazine editors, stylists) are usually swamped by people who just start out at these gatherings, Add to that that these people generally aren't always very friendly or sympathethic to outsiders. Zoolander is nothing compared to the shit I sometimes run into at fashion parties. But if you're all about giving air kisses and yelling "darling" at everyone, you might just run into someone who wants to pass you a chance. Word of mouth and people who vouch for you mean a lot.

I always had my work online and "out there", which caused some awesome people and representatives to discover me. I was lucky, though it took time and dedication. In fashion, even writing to clients is often a tedious job where your actual work and professionalism is undervalued. I took the long route by letting my work speak for me, but it was definitely the longest. For me it was the best. I'm not shy, i'm outgoing and spontaneous, but those ridiculous ego's and whackjobs in fashion either break you down or suck you in. I'm happy I kept my integrity.
>>
File: Klein.jpg (200KB, 780x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Klein.jpg
200KB, 780x1035px
Im not pursuing Fashion photography, more art photography, but id like to get your opinion on social media.

Do you use Instagram or Tumblr to promote yourself? And if you do, do you have a preference on what photos do and dont get put on there?

The reason I ask is because I want to get my name out there and start a following (Social media seems mandatory), but i feel like if i put my best shit out there on the web, it will take away from it when its finally printed book form, or whatever. It feels like it might banal it.

Also, back up question, do you shoot film or digital for the majority of your work (i noticed you mentioned grain and blur), i think clients would prefer digital, but with the film meme, have you managed to convince them that film creates a better aesthetic? How much control do you get?
>>
>>2901145

As for your first question, I currently do near to nothing on social media, but fashion comes with some weird ettiquette when it comes to your portfolio and social media (like not updating either, "being too busy to look into that sort of stuff"). In the past social media has done a lot for me to get my stuff around, but that was mainly by and for consumers (Pinterest, Tumblr). There are online artist websites like deviantart and behance which gets you some more attention from other professionals. Admittedly, it never directly got me any work, but it's nice to show you're "a full package".

I only post low-res images on social media. Watermarks look awfully amateurish and are considered not done in fashion photography.
>>
>>2901067
>>2901072
>>2901079
>>2901081
>>2901082
>>2901100
>>2901162
All your answers are common sense. Either you were lying about your profession (aka wannabe) or you are plain stupid and have nothing to say nor share.
.. not sure what'd be worse ..
>>
>>2901145

In some more artsy publications I'm welcome to film, but I mainly work digitally because it's more or less the norm for clients. I'm still able to get movement and grain in my images regardless (sometimes I even grab an older camera which can't grab a high iso value), and for the desired look you can always add it afterwards.

Some artsy publications prefer me using film (especially when they recognize it from one of my earlier publications). But larger clients never do. They might request adding a bit of a filmy look in post-processing, though.
>>
>>2901165

Sorry to hear you think that way.
>>
>>2901067

what kind of strobes do you have
>>
>>2901179

Got a couple of Elinchrom pro's, 500 I think. Felt I needed a set but honestly, I've used them more for my own projects than professionally. Since I don't have my own studio clients rent one all-in if they want studio work, but I work mostly on location with natural light and/or my speedlite with some accessories.

Predictably I'm in love with a good beautydish and otherwise a good old umbrella. I only use softboxes for the occasional commercial or catalog job.
>>
>>2901067
What kind of camera/lense would you recommend to a beginner?
>>
>>2901191

I started doing casting photos for a modelling agency with a regular pocketcam, so I really don't think a camera makes a difference when you want to get "spotted". It's really nice to get an slr because it's important to learn photography basics, though.

To any canon users I recommend the 50mm f1.4. It's cheap (and thus plastic fantastic) and with it's prime lens you're forced to get creative. For that price, you can also drop it once in a while. For me it's my go-to lens on my body, as I always want my camera to be good to go. And with a low f you easily achieve beautiful (portrait) images.

I also think a 24-70 f2.8 is the way to go for fashion, but it doesn't come cheap.
>>
>>2901192

What body do you recommend?
>>
>>2901192
>To any canon users I recommend the 50mm f1.4.
>not the 1.8
THANK YOU. The 1.8 is only good if you literally cannot possibly fathom being able to scrape together the extra hundred or so to find a 1.4.
>>
>>2901198

I'm hot for Canon and am positively in love with the 5dmiii. Loved the mi too (and still use it recreationally, when I bother to clean the mirror). I returned the mii because after a gig, I noticed it doesn't focus well in certain light conditions.

I'd always go for a full-frame body which captures color greatly. Second is the noise on a higher iso. Third is a good focus system.
>>
File: 1468944072154.jpg (95KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468944072154.jpg
95KB, 720x960px
If you can, the most helpful thing I've seen editors do is post examples of what photographers have sent either them or their publications and why it was rejected or accepted.
>>
>>2901209
PUPPER!
>>
>>2901209

That would be awesome, new clients or trying to get known by certain titles is such guess work sometimes.
>>
>>2901192
what are your opinions on the value/utility of an 85mm? they're always being mentioned in conversations pertaining to "portrait" lenses but honestly i love me a 50mm or 35
>>
is it exhausting? stressful? how many hours do you work? do you turn down a lot of clients, and if so, does that hurt your reputation? does being an introvert put a significant damper on your chances of being successful?
>>
>>2901067
Very informative thread, OP. Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions.
My question is about money and how much to charge. I have a hard time convincing potential clients to pay decent money and I'm not a very good negotiator. There seems to be so much competition willing to do jobs for little to no money. I have a great portfolio and people rave about how nice great my photos are, but when it comes to business and I quote anything over a few hundred bucks, I always get turned down.
>>
>>2901425
>and I'm not a very good negotiator
Don't negotiate. I'm being perfectly serious here. Give your rate and that's it. If they pass, they pass. That said there are some tricks you can use:

Always give two quotes (with different "services"), one priced at 120% your desired rate, and the other at your desired rate.

After you give your quote, do not be the first to speak/continue trying to sell. Wait on them to respond.

Create a sense of exclusivity (one way is to ask what dates they were thinking so you can check if you're available)...kind of put them in the position of selling YOU that their business is worth your time.

But, for the most part, do not negotiate.

Oh, and for the love of god, don't be one of those douchebags who adds a bunch of fees/ups the price in various other ways on people. That's a very quick way to get a very bad reputation. If you misquote something, it's generally better to bite the bullet and take the hit than it is to go after the money.
>>
Good poses / resources to look at poses for curvy girls? My gf is 34/26/32 and sometimes she looks bigger around the midsection than she actually is when im shooting artsy newds of her.
>>
I'm trying to get into the fashion photo scene. I've been successful so far with product/lifestyle work for clients through some agencies and in the meantime have been putting together fashion-esque productions on my own time. How did you first approach publications for editorial work? You mentioned that your work spoke for itself, but did you try cold calling at all? I started getting work by sending emails on a whim to some bigger names and they liked my portfolio at the time and gave me a chance and I'm tempted to do the same again but I'd like to hear your experience.

How do you usually price editorial projects for a client? I'm sure it's different for each publication since they all have different viewer bases, but I'm curious as to how you bill them/give estimates in the editorial world.
>>
>>2901434
tl;dr: don't negotiate with terrorists
>>
>>2901389

I never really worked with this lens, so I wouldn't know. I've handled it once or twice but I do have my preferences, mainly because I like getting creative with limited equipment (as far as you can call my kit really limited, nowadays)
>>
>>2901407

I don't mind putting in the work. Although hours differ I don't mind pulling all nighters, having crazy deadlines or traveling to do what I love. I love doing fashion editorial photography and how It helps me express myself, artistically.

Unfortunately I hate the fashion biz itself. Hard work and integrity isn't valued much. Being a flamboyant fuck-up often is. Even smaller boutiques seem to like the idea of having an arrogant twat taking their pictures, because that's the "fashion experience". I feel it's a disease. We make make-belief, none of us are a Mandela or Mother Theresa.

I'm happy to experience that I do get booked back for my professionalism and that especially models recommend me to clients for being able to reach the right vibe on set.

That being said, I think the people I work with are often extremely stressful. Having make-up artists bitching at nice models because "honey, I did Prada", having art directors fucking over people who are nice enough to let us use their venue for a location, and being looked down upon for no reason what so ever often eats me up inside. I'm actually thinking about working with clients less (having my agency sell my work after I made it, rather than having it commisioned) and doing more (exclusive) portraits and weddings, simply because the attitude people take to the table is killing me.

I'm not sure whether being introverted is a real problem here (as I mentioned I'm considered friendly, outgoing, spontaneous and even loud at times), but having trouble dealing with people who have no decensy and are often mean for the sake of "looking cool", is. I worked hard for an excellent reference list and I seem to have the talent to be at the top, but the shit people spew at eachother constantly is weighing me down.
>>
>>2901425

I got to agree with the other commenter there; never negotiate your prices. Think them over before you visit. If they want an immediate estimation, tell them you need to calculate it at home so neither will get expectations you won't be able to deliver.

Editorial clients actually use fixed prices (which are considerably lower than commercial gigs) which makes it easy to calculate what you'll get.

For editorials it's usually around 450 for half a day, 900 for a full day (where I come from, western europe, so amounts in euros), You regulalry do overtime but as editorial fashion is rather prestigious, you don't balance those. Then you get 40/50 euro's per edited image delivered.

For commercial gigs it's different, and earn a lot bette. Catalogs are hard work and you'll always end up doing overtime, so a dayprice + hourly wage would be more beneficial to you. I also play around more with my wages for different clients. A small boutique can't pay what a large brand can, but some brands are so good for your references you'll want to work for them at a lower price. just think beforehand what your lowest price would be, and don't go under that. You'll lose face if you do.
>>
>>2901425

Ps: I often have the same problem with small businesses. Photographers are expensive (and not without reason, with all the equipment, hours worked, insurances, etc.) but people don't seem to get that. I try to filter these people out, because skipping down only to hear they're shocked by a (reasonable) price, and "that their cousin has one of them slr's too", is a complete waste of time.
>>
>>2901445

I think regular modelingtips would help. Even xs girls need to work their angles and curves to look their best. There are some general tricks (putting your model in heels, having them push in their waist with their hands, etc.) but those are the cliches. You'll learn best by thoroughly watching your subject and coaching her move by move into looking her best.

In fact, this is a skill I feel a good model should have. It's normal to keep reminding a model to stick their chin out a bit or to relax their hands, but as I like having models move around a lot it's much better for the credibility of the image if they have a basic knowledge on how they look good. Mirror practice!
>>
>>2901447

I did quite a bit of cold calling, and some worked out, but few did. When they allowed me to visit I often had it in the bag, but being invited in the first place was a hassle. I did quite some free work at the start, having it published in (digital) magazines, which improved my references and my credibility. My agency in fact found me based on a prestigious free work publication.

I think working out your own fashion portfolio at the moment is the way to go; clients often ask me to more or less recreate something I did before. Expanding your portfolio with your own work also keeps your style more current and renewed than when you only work for clients, and it's a great way to tap into your creativity.
>>
>>2901447

I explained more about editorial pricing at >>2901535
>>
This thread is so full of shit. This is not how a """""""biz""""""" works, but how basement dwelers imagine it would be like.
>"You know, I'm so profesionel that I even can say I hate the biz. Yaya. [Insert cliche here], it's horrible. And after 20yrs working in the biz I realized that [Insert platitude here]. Huehue."

None of you (answering people) probably made a single job. At the MOST you found one ugly """model""" online and made some horrible pics on tfp.
After that you sat and constructed your imaginary world of how you would work in such a field and how you would be the decent guy who knows the shit but always keeps a little distance to the shallow world around him.

Idiots. The moment you spit out phrases like 'never negotiate' or 'even xs girls need to work their angles' you make a fool out yourself. It is soooo fucking obvious that you're just pretending.

How about growing up and settling in reality? You are not 12 anymore and it does not help you or anybody if you are stuck in your imaginary world. This is not a movie. This is life.
So stop spreading this deluded bullshit. Think about that maybe one of the askers here has a honest and realistic interest in working in such a field. And then you come around and spoil his mind with your 50-shades-of-grey-Tier nonesense. Shame on you.

Really, wake up finally and start to actually work something.

And to all askers: If you really want to know something about self-employment work in the creative industry (fashion included) then ask ME. (Funny enough nobody will, since I have a feeling also the askers here enjoy to drown in the sea of delusion, since they also like to think about it as: "... what if ...?")
>>
>>2901695
>The moment you spit out phrases like 'never negotiate'
Except that's perfect advice for someone who is bad at negotiating. It's actually a great bit of advice outside of that for a lot of fields these days. A lot of potential clients don't want to deal with dickering. They want to know how much it will cost them. There really aren't that many people who are trying to save 10% on a project by spending hours going back and forth with one small part of that project. They know their budget, ask for quotes, then roll with whomever can do what they want for the price that they want to pay.
>>
>>2901067
Do you do your own retouching or do you have someone else do it?
>>
>>2901703
Yes. Telling somebody who is bad at something to simply not do it is a great advise. This is how you come forward with your career. No doubt.

Beside this you seem not to see what negotiating is. You talk about making an offer. Yes. You should make an offer. True. Congratulations.
>>
>>2901723
You're an idiot guy. Seriously, you are. You think you know something about business, but you really don't.
>>
>>2901725
*sigh*
>>
>>2901727
You really are. You seem to think that it's better for someone to get their asses handed to them and possibly literally go out of business to learn how to negotiate instead of just learning how to set an appropriate price. Hell, price mostly depends on your location and market segment anyway. The only real room you have to negotiate in most photography is to just keep dropping your price, which isn't good for anyone in the industry.
>>
>>2901728
>>
>>2901729
That you don't have one and you don't know what you think you know.
>>
>>2901735
Oh lord, here we go.

Okay: You "arguments" were

1.) If you learn to negotiate 'the hard way' you are in danger to run out of business.
2.) the only room to negotiate is downwards which affects business.

Nice. But false. Both of them. Firstly there is nothing wrong with danger. Why? Because you're not the only one on the market and others WILL take the risks you deny to take. Business is not humpy-dumpy land.

Secondly your second statement supports my original statement that you don't understand negotiation at all. But many people don't. Some are surprised if I make an add for e.g. a lens with a basis for negotiation about 1000$. Then they call or write and say that they don't like the price and want to negotiate. I say ok, 1500$. They are like wtf that's even more. I say, you wanted to negotiate and why you think I have to go diwn then. Let's see where we end. ... Common misconception.

Buuuut. That whole thing is not the point. I was talking about real advise and wanted to avoid going into the bullshittery in this thread.

AS IF negotiating or not negotiating would be crucial for coming forward with a career. There are hundrets things mire important. But deluded people will discuss this nonesense.
>>
>>2901747
>Secondly your second statement supports my original statement that you don't understand negotiation at all. But many people don't. Some are surprised if I make an add for e.g. a lens with a basis for negotiation about 1000$. Then they call or write and say that they don't like the price and want to negotiate. I say ok, 1500$. They are like wtf that's even more. I say, you wanted to negotiate and why you think I have to go diwn then. Let's see where we end. ... Common misconception.
So your idea of "negotiation" is bait and switch.

I'm sure you're very successful.
>>
OP here; sorry to come back to a whole lot of negativity in this thread. I do stick by my advice (where as "never negotiate" has maybe been pulled out of proportion a bit; I just want to say that you shouldn't sell yourself cheap, like many starting photographers seem to do and which it usually comes out to when you allow clients to negotiate too much).

As for the basement dwelling 50-shades of grey refrences, that's almost amusing coming from some hater on 4chan.

I'll continue giving advice to anyone who likes it, you can do with it what you want.
>>
>>2901708

I in fact do it myself. I do minimal model editing though, and prefer working with great girls rather than make a regular person someone they're not. My style is also pretty unpolished and even snapshot like, so it matches my approach on editing well. I do like adding some nice flares and discolorations though, I'm usually booked for a bit of a vintagey look.

I had one client edit my photos but it didn't feel like my work anymore, I'd hate giving it out of hands (unless it would be smearing away the occasional pimple).
>>
>>2901708

Oh for a particular client they sent my work to India for cutouts and white backgrounds. They did a fab job for 1-2 dollars a photo (depending on the amount of models in the image)!
>>
>>2901760
>>2901764
So we're not talking high-end stuff here, or at least nothing that gets printed/displayed very large? I've dealt with outsourcing for silo work and for 1-2 bucks you're not going to get passable hair masks for anything high-end.
>>
>>2901813
>>2901764
Where do you go to find these people who do ok work for dirt cheap?

I'm terrible at doing stuff like masking (yes, get gud, but it's such a time drain on me that it would be so advantageous if I could outsource it for cheap) and most US retouchers charge an arm and a leg and I don't know how to go about finding these cheap fucks.
>>
>>2901817
Google clipping services then send them test images to find someone who's competent for a reasonable price.
>>
>>2901820
Thanks.
>>
>>2901813

It was a4 print advertizing, though admittedly it looked rather good
>>
>>2901817

My client knew them (they did product photos in house), although I did do a test or two later by advertisements in the mail I never got the same results.
>>
Can you be a fashion photographer if you're not attractive?
>>
File: 13986385430_d53384d944_o.jpg (486KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
13986385430_d53384d944_o.jpg
486KB, 2048x1365px
>>2901695
>projecting this hard
I'm embarrassed for you and I hope OP doesn't stop replying because of haters like this.
p.s. this is typical /p/ -- we get a good thread going and some asshat has to come and fuck everything up with his jealousy and autism.
pic not related
>>
>>2901723
I'm the anon who asked OP about getting paid and OP suggested not to negotiate. Whether you agree or not, I realized his/her advice was absolutely right; I've been shooting myself in the foot all this time. For instance, say I quote $800 for a job and let a potential client talk me down to $200 because of promises of all sorts of referral business and residuals that will make me money. Well, what happens is when I do the job, I end up getting resentful and angry with myself for settling for so little compensation that it ends up affecting my work. It feels like I'm being taken advantage of, and nobody wants to feel exploited. OP opened my eyes and gave good advice, for that I am appreciative and grateful.
>>
>>2901754
your advice about pay and negotiating motivated me to restructure my pricing and to stick to my guns when dealing with potential clients. Again, I thank you for taking the time to answer questions. Your advice has been tremendously helpful and encouraging. Very much appreciated, OP.
>>
>>2901878
That was me, not op, but yw :P

There obviously are exceptions like if your quote is based off of one set of services and the client offers to change aspects of the job to get a cheaper price, but yeah, for the most part, for the vast majority of the time, your price needs to be your price.
>>
If you need the money then negotiate and let them talk you down. If you're regularly booked and can easily survive without dickering then don't bother with that client. If they think you're overpriced then they're probably not worth working with anyway. If they just can't afford you then it doesn't hurt you in the long run.
>>
File: 1465270443936.jpg (391KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1465270443936.jpg
391KB, 1024x1365px
>>2901764
>sent my work to India
NOOOOOOOOO...... don't do that, no poo in loo, we need to Make America Great Again.
>>
>>2901888
Unfortunately it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of thing. It keeps costs down and honestly, clipping paths are monkey-level work anyway. There are many downsides to outsourcing that stuff, though. Quality is inconsistent and it's usually a pain to deal with getting things fixed. I like to think that they will never replace a high-end retoucher but they probably will eventually at least for off-site work where art directors aren't breathing down your neck.

I am a professional retoucher.
>>
File: 1340599553097.jpg (15KB, 300x476px) Image search: [Google]
1340599553097.jpg
15KB, 300x476px
>>2901866
>>2901878
>>2901882
Well, if you think THIS would be the way of becomming successful .. then .. omg .. you make me sick.
>>
>>2901892
Let's see your tax returns from last year. Let's see how much
>yeah I advertised this price as $1000 negotiable but because you're trying to negotiate, it's now $1500.
>>
>>2901894
gets you
>>
>>2901894
Hehe. Wow. You would be wishing earth would swallow you up.

But hey, why am I even arguing? I predicted that you're all deluded asses who want to hear the deluded stories of some deluded prick, so that you can remain living in delusion and pretention. Ok.

Have much fun with it.
>>
>>2901845
not OP, but yes, you can absolutely work in fashion and not be attractive, however, try to stay in shape not be a fat bastard.
imho fashion photography (and all high end photography) is two parts talent and one part ass-kissing/who you know (but I could be wrong on the percentages, it's likely 80/20 ass kissing/talent). Nevertheless, I write this to encourage you to pursue your hopes, dreams, and ambitions. Don't let your insecurities (I'm not beautiful enough) hold you back anon, that's just your mind fucking with you
>>
>>2901845

Sure, but indeed I think the key is to look healthy and indeed, not pimply and fat. It simply doesn't add up.

As for dresscodes, photographers often look a little eccentric or really downplay their looks. If you're all about jeans and tees, make sure to own a good pair of jeans and some special shirts. Clients who know their shit will notice what you're wearing in a heartbeat.
>>
>>2901882

No problem man, we've all been there!
>>
>>2901067
This whole thread is a troll.

Just saying in case you couldn't Google and see that 9/10 posts are straight copypasta from interviews.
>>
>>2902238

Wow, I'd rather make stuff up than putting in the effort to find the correct snippets from interviews.

I'm amazed to hear that the haters expected some really far-fetched answers. Guess I got to congratulate you, as you already know the stuff I had to figure out myself.

That being said, will stick around for legit questions, and happy I helped some people so far!
>>
>>2902238
thank god somebody could proove this. I had this feeling like I have to vomit when reading those stupid shallow answers. and an interview explains it. that's exactly this kind of superficial trash you'd say to a journalist when and while he's deeeeep in your ass.

>>2902249
fuck off. finally. vanish.
>>
>>2901892
>implying anyone wants to kiss ass
why don't you offer us some useful advice, instead.
>>
>>2902238
>>2902332
I couldn't find the interviews he was copying from. Wanna share?
>>
>>2902332
>>2902238
>>2901897
>>2901892
>>2901695
(((samefag))) trying to derail thread with usual JIDF/SRS/CTR shill slide-it tactics
Wrote a song about him, like to hear it? Here it Goes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B-X7ox8LBg
>inb4 the goyim know
>>
>>2901067
I have read the entire thread.

The problem is that without giving us any way to see your work whether or not you're a troll doesn't matter because you might as well could be one.

Also because no matter how much more professional your work is than mine I will not care for any of your opinions or advice if I simply don't like your photography style. Which I can't tell if I do. So you might as well be just talking outta your ass.
>>
>>2904338
>Also because no matter how much more professional your work is than mine I will not care for any of your opinions or advice if I simply don't like your photography style. Which I can't tell if I do. So you might as well be just talking outta your ass.
1) No one gives a shit if you care for what's posted.
2) Troll or not, there's good information in this thread which is of use. Questions regarding the providence of this information do not render the information itself useless. An earlier anon dismissed this thread as "common sense" which is rather foolish as it's not necessarily and expresses some ideas that clearly some people here had not considered. So basically, it doesn't matter if OP is for real or not.
3) You're more than kind of stupid for dismissing things from people who don't share your style out of hand. There are plenty of things that someone shooting in different styles and formats can teach others. You'd be a more wise person if you evaluated how the information presented could integrate into your personal gestalt of experiences and grow them. It might not even be the act of photographing itself, like take Lara Jade for instance. I couldn't possibly give less of a rat's ass about her photography; however, I've learned a ton watching the way she interacts with her models. There are lessons everywhere friend. Closing yourself off to them because you don't like some aspect of their source is only hurting yourself.
>>
>>2904345
Are you seriously going to protect OP not showing any proof? He could pick out one of his pics that isn't published online, strip the metadata thus there'd be nothing to find through an image search and post that.

This board is full of gearfags and tripfags giving advice, many of whose pics are labeled utter garbage by a majority of commenters. If you're so secretive about your work that you won't show anything either you're very insecure about it or you know it sucks.
>>
What do you think of Uncle Terry's work?
>>
File: file.gif (450KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
450KB, 500x359px
>>2904345
>personal gestalt
Just off yourself
>>
>all that rage about only one way of being successful for the whole globe

>>2901067

Do you have any insight on other commercial spheres?

>>2901208
>I'd always go for a full-frame body which captures color greatly.

Is there any?

nb4 yes it's 5dMK3. Colour profile? I use Adobe's!

>>2902337

this

>>2904338
>I will not care for any of your opinions or advice if I simply don't like your photography style

This is not how business works unless you are a PR lord which knows every bit of popular styles existing.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.