[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M4-p + k&f concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: m4p copie copie.jpg (87KB, 904x744px) Image search: [Google]
m4p copie copie.jpg
87KB, 904x744px
Hey /p/, few months ago, my father died.
When he was alive, he left me 600€ and I wanted to spend this money on something that will last.
So I bought a leica m4-p.
I have a lot of different lenses EOS mont, m42 mount and Olympus mount.
So I bought those K&F concept adapters.

But here is my question: Will it be ok to focus with this adapter because of the fact that this will be a rangefinder and not a reflex anymore ?
Do anyone already tried this kind of combinaison ?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width606
Image Height367
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:08:10 22:06:10
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width904
Image Height744
>>
First, I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I don't believe you can rangefinder focus with adapted SLR lenses. You may be better off finding a very basic 50mm rangefinder lens that fits natively
>>
>>2900524
Thanks bro.

And thanks for your answers.I ordered my adapters on aliexpress, but what i can find on the item page and on ebay (same item) is "compatible with M8 M9 M9P M-E Type 240 M7 M6" (so I figured also M4-p since it the same fuckin mount) and "A new adapter for Leica M cameras.
Full manual operation, manual focus, manual iris adjustment can be achieved with body manual exposure, aperture priority exposure, combined infinite focus"

I can't find anything. Everybody buy this brand to adapt leica lenses on sony A7 II, but it seems that no one want to adapt EOS lenses on a leica...
>>
I wouldn't bother with adapting your existing lens to Leica. There are literally tons of great m-mount Voigtlaender lens on eBay in mint condition for less then $300. It is also rangefinder coupled and let you use the focus system of your Leica.
>>
>>2900518
Buy a Canon 50 1.4 LTM and a good LTM-M adapter. the lens is less than 300USD used, you can get the nicer voigtlander adapters on ebay for around 60-70. It's a very good lens for the price.
>>
>>2900537
In fact, I wanted to buy a voigtlander lens. Because eh, I spend my money on a leica, If i can have a voigtlander M mount lens for half the price i bought the body, I would be happy...
Not leica lens, but I heard those are amazing lenses tho.
>>
>>2900538
yeah, but my question here is: can you focus with this kind of adapter ?
I have a ton (ok, not really a ton, that's a lot) of adapter on my reflex, but that not exactly how a rangefinder works. Did you try with a 1.4 Canon ? Is it working ?
>>
>>2900542
I have one on my Hexar RF. the adapter is literally just a metal ring with a thread that has an M-mount on the outside. Leica designed the M-mount to have a flange distance exactly 1mm longer than the LTM lenses for this purpose. Almost any lens that is rangefinder coupled on an LTM camera can couple to an M-mount camera with an LTM adapter.

It works well on my camera, and I've never had trouble with it.
>>
>>2900549
Ok, thanks anon, so this works with a ltm lens. Good. Does anyone tried it with an EOS ? I'm starting to fear I threw away 45€ on some adapters I will never use...
>>
>>2900551
Just to be clear, you mean EF when you say "EOS", right?

You know those all have electronically controlled apertures and using them without electronic coupling means that the aperture will be forever at the smallest aperture of the lens, right?
>>
>>2900551
SLR lenses have no kind of linkage to the rangefinder mechanism. And with EOS lenses, they have no real distance scale usually, so even zone focusing is a crapshoot. Tbh mate, idk why you would ever think adapting slr lenses to a rangefinder is a good idea. They make those adapters specifically to fool people in buying them. Sorry man.
>>
>>2900554
Rah. Fuck me.
I thought it would be better to spend 100€ on adapters and use my old lenses but I forgot this is not a SLR. FML.
>>
>>2900553
Yeah, I meant EF. Sorry.
>>
>>2900561
Why didn't you do some research beforehand?
>>
>>2900682
Nope. Stupid me was like : "hu ! Adapter ring eos to Leica ! So, it's gonna work..." Without thinking about the fact that it was a rangefinder.
>>
>>2900518
just get a used voightlander lens

also sorry about your dad
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.