[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buy lightroom or...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1470415173258.jpg (34KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470415173258.jpg
34KB, 1087x720px
I have my Nikon D7000 and love it. I'm really into post editing and I want to get a well known software so I could get lots of tutorials online for it.

Should I buy lightroom or pirate it? Any good places to torrent it from? Or just buy it?

A photo I took with the camera, no editing done.
>>
>>2899135
acquire photoshop
>>
Buy Photoshop. Do not steal.
>>
File: surelythereisacatch.png (153KB, 1160x894px) Image search: [Google]
surelythereisacatch.png
153KB, 1160x894px
>>2899135
I've actually considered paying for CC there's a $10/month plan that has Lightroom and Photoshop CC

See pic related..I'm confused as hell about how this works? Is there a difference in the photoshop obtained in the cheaper plan vs the photoshop in the higher plan?
>>
>>2899135
Fuck Adobe. Everything since Ps 7.0 has been nothing but minor updates for which you have to pay fully fledged prices. That said, fuck all other companies that can't rival Photoshop even after all these years.

tl;dr: Just pirate Ps CS6 or something.
>>
>>2902605
There is no PS 7.0. There is only CC now. And you get it along with lightroom, with unlimited updates for the price of a fucking Netflix membership
>>
>>2899175
This fucking guy
>>
>>2902608
CC is a great thing if you actually need Photoshop

The scoop is, most people don't, but now they've been tricked into paying 120 bucks a year for it because it's a great deal

I bought LR standalone a year ago when I started and I haven't regretted it. In another year I'll have saved 120$
>>
>>2902634

>i severely limit my editing and so should everyone else!
>>
>>2902634
I agree that CC is great if you need Photoshop. I remember years ago when the Creative Cloud was announced and almost everyone I knew was angry because "ADOBE IS GOING TO JACK THE PRICES UP AND IT'LL BE SHIT JUST WAIT" and still none of that has happened. I was so happy to know I could finally afford what was inaccessible at the time (nowadays I COULD shell out whatever several hundred dollar amount it went for back in the day, but I don't want to go back to that shit ever).

I don't agree with pirating it though, given the pricing. If you need a free alternative photo editor there's Gimp. I'm not sure what happens to people if Adobe catches you pirating their shit, but I'd advise severely against if you ever want to make money with your images.
>>
>>2902640
>PS didn't have all the tools we need to edit photos last year. Each year they add another basic tool that wasn't there before. This year it's exposure adjustment.
fuck off you worthless sheep
>>
>>2902640
In fairness, a very large number of people don't need Ps. The editing that's available to them in Lr is more than enough.
>>
>>2899135
just pirate.
subscribe when you turn pro.
>>
>>2902667

Fuck off you talentless cuck.

Just because Photoshop is too difficult for you to learn doesn't mean no one else should learn it.
>>
>>2899135
just pirate it
if you ever go pro you'll wanna buy a license but in all honesty does it sound sensible to you to pay adobe for software you can't even use?
>>
Iridient developer
>>
>>2902676
Me personally, I'm going with this.
But I guess in all fairness I should go with CC or buy retail Lightroom in the next year or so, I'm already doing charity work for a charity organization and I've had the pirate LR for what 3-4 years now.

Adobe software are easy and safe to pirate tho, that's why they took the subscription route
>>
I am a fan of *not* getting software as a subscription service, or locked to one device only.

I'm still running the standalone Lightroom, but with Adobe going this way and LR being an actually quite slow piece of software, I'm definitely considering to switch.

It's not like there aren't alternatives. At the very least OpticsPro (version 9 is currently free as a promo), AfterShot Pro, Capture One, Photoninja as well as Darktable seemed quite okay.
>>
If your going to be that cheap get gimp. If you want photoshop specifically you should support the devlopers. Cheap ass
>>
PS alternative? Well, there is PhotoLine.

It does not have a bunch of the fancy features you might want (like for instance automatic focus stacking), but it can still do the basics and host ColorPerfect.

>>2903644
Krita could also work. UI wise, i think a lot of people might prefer it to GIMP - even with GIMP in single-window mode.

Last time I checked it didn't perform that well with higher resolution images, though.
>>
>>2902676
>>2902889
>turn pro
>your portfolio is made with a pirated copy
>get caught from the shadow printing on your images
>no more career
>>
>poorfags can't afford Adobe software

that being said pirate 3.6 is the minimum you need to run LR on a D7000
>>
>>2903946
Do you know why people here hate you?
Do you at all understand it?
>>
>>2903946
You sure show us with your new D7000 and brand new lenses. Also with all your excellent pictures coming from it. Shut up.

>>2903784
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>2899135
Pirate, becasue Adobe is an evil company that will only use your money to take over successful software and make it shit.
>>
just got a second monitor/TV - different resolution to my laptop. any way to make lightroom display second monitor in fullscreen? now it just mirrors the laptop screen size. and sits in the corner.
>>
>>2899168
OP here, pirated both PS and LR.

Love it!

>>2902605
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471448460986.jpg (30KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471448460986.jpg
30KB, 1087x720px
>>2903970
I cant tell if you're refrencing his cockiness or me, the OP. Thats not me.

I pirated PS and LR CC.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.