[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to make a lens projected image smaller, so the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: whynot.jpg (35KB, 807x404px) Image search: [Google]
whynot.jpg
35KB, 807x404px
Is there a way to make a lens projected image smaller, so the camera gets full image coverage (ie. actual focal length) regardless of sensor size?

There should be an optical way to do this.
>>
>>2893220
Yes, there already is: http://www.metabones.com/products/?c=speed-booster
Focal condensers are not a new concept, it's just there hasn't been a good reason for anyone to manufacture them, until the spread of MFT and APS-C cameras for video.
Historically, Stanley Kubrik had a custom one made for him when he shot Barry Lyndon, giving his lens an effective aperture of f/0.7, for shooting a scene lit entirely by candle light.
>>
You're describing a metabones speedbooster
>>
>>2893221
When anon helps
>>2893222
When isi "helps"
>>
>>2893222
How are you today isi?
>>
File: peeinapeashell.png (59KB, 740x542px) Image search: [Google]
peeinapeashell.png
59KB, 740x542px
>>2893230

screencapped for all perpetuity.
>>
>>2893221
thank you, my friend.

>>2893222
fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>2893256
Nice.
>>
>>2893222
You successfully demonstrated that you can read a URL. Good job, but that wasn't the point of the thread. Get out and take photos
>>
>>2893396
I'm not sure if it occured to your autistic brain that she and the other guy responded at the same time.
>>
>>2893230
>>2893253
>>2893256
>>2893310
>>2893396
Anonymous in a nutshell. Cuckdom.
>>
>>2893220
>(ie. actual focal length)

Focal length is not FoV (insert some generic swearing here).
>>
>>2893404
>s-stop attacking h-her

cucked.
>>
>>2893436
>s-stop calling me o-out for b-b-being obsessed with a g-girl on the internet and shi-shi-shitting up a board because of it
cockcaged
>>
>>2893440
>i h-have to protect h-her n-no matter w-what

sad!
>>
>>2893220
Yeah speed boosters, but it's dependent on flange distance so some lenses aren't adaptable
>>
>>2893401
20 seconds apart isn't "same time". I know you're ghosting, I can sense it.
>>
>>2893504
ok omi/moopco
>>
>>2893464
Not true, they just require more corrections that degrade image quality and decrease the light transmission, making such adapters not worth the effort.
>>
>>2893221
No he had one or two of his three 50mm F/0.7 medium format lenses attached to condensers that shortened the focal length, increasing the effective aperture probably to F/0.5 I'm not sure. Other unmodified lenses were used on Hasselblads to take photos of the dark side of the moon on Apollo 8.
>>
>>2893222
metabones shill.

>>2893220
http://www.zyoptics.net/product-category/lens-turbo-adapters/
>>
File: image.png (126KB, 619x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126KB, 619x331px
>>2896384
50mm f/0.7 is after the conversion, since even f/1 is incredibly difficult to achieve using regular methods.
If we compare the scale of medium format (NASA used 6x6 Hasselblad) and super35 (about APS-C size), we can work our way backwards to determine that the lens was actually about 150mm f/2, which is a very reasonable design.
Kubrik did use an adapter during filming, but it's only function was to increase field of view to about 36mm, and it attached to the front of the lens, meaning it would have no effect on effective aperture (on the contrary, it lost some transmission).
>>
>>2896465
Ah yes the front attached adapter is what I was talking about, though I didn't know it was a front attachment. And apparently you are right Zeiss basically built a 70mm F/1 Planar and stuck a x0.7 condenser behind it, but that wasn't an after market modification. All ten lenses made were that way.
>>
>>2896667
I was half-wrong; the lens was modified to fit a motion film camera, not the actual focal condenser, which was an integral part of the lens design. So while ten lenses were made and three went to him, the ones that did received various modifications to make them work on the types of cameras he used, more so since the the mechanisms of the lens weren't compatible and required workarounds.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.