[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /p/ Let's Make a Budgeted 35mm Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Kino.jpg (385KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
385KB, 1920x1080px
Greetings /p/, just got a LomoKino for my b day. I've done some research of people that have already recorded with this device and it looked pretty awesome for what it can do. I have one 200 film and three 400 film to screw around with, along with some caffenol for developing. I don't want to waste the film on some lame video, instead I would make a short 2 minute movie with your ideas put into it. So I'm creating this collaboration thread where everyone can throw their imagination of whatever they want me to record with this little device. Once I am done with the recording, I will post it on flickr in one large video with my name and the people who gave me their brilliant suggestions. As well as a special thanks to the /p/ board. So ask away if you'll like, I won't be going nowhere and will post pics for the entire process. Have fun /p/.

P.S I'm also open to tips and lessons if anyone would suggest to me.
>>
>kino

oh god

my inner /tv/ is bursting out help

no
>>
>>2892129
kek, parts of me were like, should I put this on /tv/ instead. But na because the kino is like a cheap camera with only a burst mode.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-W70
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2006:05:09 11:39:02
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length6.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>2892128
Lol fuck that thing looks hilarious
I can't really think of things in terms of composition but I looked up some vids shot on it
I would just suggest not to be moving while shooting with it, the handheld shots just look like a bad cellphone camera shooting in 2:35 ratio
>>
>>2892156
Thanks for the tip, yea I notice with some of the vids, they look very crappy. Luckily I have a sturdy tripod to use it with.
>>
After looking through the Kino vids, one thing that I suggest for you to do is to use whatever recording device you have and record the area around it as you film to give it a bit more life than some the vidoes I've seen with no sound at all. I would also suggest to do still shot recording of oceans and people walking along crosswalks. Lastly, get yourself a UV protection lens to lower bits of the overexposed shots that might come out of the Kino. Hopefully this helps you out OP.
>>
File: DSC01740.jpg (81KB, 962x681px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01740.jpg
81KB, 962x681px
>>2892613
Thanks Bud, I actually have a UV lens that was used for a Nikon D3100. I can probably tape it to the camera, and for sound recording I can simply just use my phone for it.
>>
true kino coming through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9AUdhyLYUs

that was made with a yashica samurai x3.0
>>
>>2892635
Oh dam, that looks pretty dope, looks like that's gonna the next camera I am going to collect, kek.
>>
>>2892128
Here's one thing that I hadn't seen people do with the lomokino. Do some kind of a stop-motion talk show. Shoot a frame every 5 minutes of your talk show and arrange all the shots together to form some kind of articulate style.
>>
File: DSC01727.jpg (786KB, 1920x1080px)
DSC01727.jpg
786KB, 1920x1080px
>>2893996
That actually sounds like a neat idea, i'll think about it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-W70
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2006:05:09 11:40:04
Exposure Time1/4 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length6.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>2892128
>LomoKino
>caffenol

literally kill urself
>>
File: 1466999817424.png (165KB, 639x462px)
1466999817424.png
165KB, 639x462px
>>2894143
you gotta start somewhere brah.
>>
>>2892128
Hey man.

That's a real cool camera and project. I like Lomography and though this is the first time I discovered LomoKino.

For an idea probably shoot some clips /p/'s selected photos (kinda lame)
or
some featuring your hometown and its scenery (lame as well)

Anyhow if there is something I can do to help in your project I would be glad to assist.
>>
>>2894231
Thanks anon, I'm actually pretty settled at the moment right now. So far the main plan from all this is:
>shoot on a tripod
>have a UV lens
>record every sound via phone
>record the ocean and crosswalk (A beach is near me)
The only optional is to create a talk show. I might do that for another project.

I am still open to a bunch of ideas until Wednesday, which is when I start filming
>>
>>2894256
>record every sound via phone
Any idea how to sync them properly?
You could also just make a music video or kind of like it so no music from the movie.
>record the ocean and crosswalk (A beach is near me)
But this is kind of cool and you get the sounds of the ocean etc.

>The only optional is to create a talk show. I might do that for another project.
Kind of hard to pull of but correct me here. I think this is a good idea as well.
>>
>>2892128
just get a xt2.
>>
>>2894271
>Any idea how to sync them properly?
one of the frames of the film will be a marker(pic of me clapping) once my phone captures the clap, that's where ill sync in the sound. Also everything will be added and edited via Adobe.
>Kind of hard to pull of but correct me here. I think this is a good idea as well.
I agree, it'll definitely be the first of it's kind.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.