[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is better: gopro or Samsung S7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cam-represent-HERO4-black.jpg (54KB, 350x320px) Image search: [Google]
cam-represent-HERO4-black.jpg
54KB, 350x320px
What is objectively the best? I mostly want to take pictures of people and outdoors with some videos from time to time.
>>
>>2890283
Why a go pro and why a significantly more expensive phone? The go pro will take better pictures and video but why cuck yourself when you have the budget to get a decent camera which shoots far better video and pictures than both of those.
>>
>>2890285
Because a camera is not handy and I hardly know anything about photography. I do have a Nikon D600 with a Tameron lens but I can't take it while kayaking or sailing
>>
>>2890293
Be more specific next time then. If you need an action camera then you know the answer already
>>
>>2890295
How does the gopro compares to the s7 and other cameras? Is it worth the price or should I just buy a waterproof case + support for my s7?
>>
>>2890715
what do you risk losing with your phone compared to what you risk with a gopro. Answer is easy.
>>
>>2890715
Well comparing the specs of the two,

They both sport a 1/2.3 inch sensor which is very small in the camera world, this will hamper low light performance considerably.

Considering low light performance, the go pro will do a worse job at it because the widest aperture it's lens is f/2.8 while the S7 sports a faster f/1.7 lens.

Now for shooting modes the GoPro will have much more advance settings in terms of video but i'd trust the S7 with it's easy to navigate settings to be a better stills camera in terms of ease of use.

Now lets get into the field of view: the GoPro has a 15mm equivalent lens vs. the S7's 26mm equivalent. This means you will get more in the frame with the GoPro than the S7 but at the same time Ultra wide field of view does not make for a versatile camera.

Shooting landscapes and up close action would be the GoPro's strong point while the S7 is much better suited for everyday shooting even though it's lens is still quite wide.

This is the reason i recommend you look into a compact camera like a Sony RX100, they are small cameras with better sensors and better lenses out there that will make the shooting experience much more intuitive and will give you all the options you'll ever need.
There is no substitute for a GoPro when it comes to action cameras, they are tough small and light cameras that can go anywhere while the S7 is fragile in comparison.
>>
>>2890715
Get a GR
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.