[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a used camera.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: xt10.jpg (122KB, 434x325px) Image search: [Google]
xt10.jpg
122KB, 434x325px
Should I buy a used Fuji XT 10 from amazon? If so what should I look for in a used camera?
>>
>>2888010
You should buy a used camera, but you shouldn't buy from Amazon. Buy from KEH. Their grading system is second to none, and their customer service is fucking awesome.
>>
>>2888016
>KEH
Thanks, I only see a xt1 for $740
Is it worth it buying a new camera?
>>
>>2888021
Mirrorless cameras are good up to an insanely high amount of actuations. Just go ahead and get a used one.
>>
>>2888021
If you want something specific, just wait around on KEH for a couple of days. They are the largest volume used camera dealer in the world. They have really high turnover. If they don't have something now, they'll have it soon.

>Is it worth it buying a new camera?
Honestly, if you're asking that question, the answer is probably no. That's not a snarky response. But, with camera gear, once you know what you're doing, you'll know what you need and what quality you need. If you're just trying to figure shit out, then you'll be more than fine with a used camera, so long as it's in good condition.
>>
>>2888026
So there's no need to break the bank on a new camera?
Also what should I check when getting a used camera?
>>
>>2888078
Definitely no need to break the bank. Besides, the more you get into photography, the more you'll find that it's not the cameras themselves that are expense. It's the lenses. Chances are, your lenses will often out price your bodies, at least until you get in the multi-thousand dollar range for bodies.

Well, what you're looking for as far as quality depends on which camera you're looking at. But, like >>2888024 said, mirrorless cameras last a really long time. So long as it hasn't been banged around, it's going to be fine and last you forever.

The reason I like KEH is because you don't have to worry about quality. Their grading system is fucking impossibly strict. If they tell you something is high quality, it's going to be perfect.
>>
>>2888087
Should I get a warranty also what are some good photography lens for this camera? ( street photography and general use.
>>
>>2888106
I'd recommend getting the 18-55 f2.8-4 for the versatility if you're starting out. it's pretty sharp and is one of the fastest focusing fuji X lenses, the 35s and the 23 f1.4 are great lenses too (I mean, does fuji even have a single lens in their lineup that isn't good?)
>>
>>2888021
desu senpai, it's generally not worth it to buy used if the price is over 50% of what it is new unless the price is in the thousands of dollars.
>>
>>2888120
I found this camera used for 750
A new bundle.is $950
>>
>>2888010
what are you guys harping about

i would not buy an xt10 anywhere new for more than 5 or 600 dollars.

used, 400.

lenses hold their value, bodies dont
>>
>>2888120
>it's generally not worth it to buy used if the price is over 50% of what it is new unless the price is in the thousands of dollars.
That is absurdly bad economic advice. Not buying used unless it is at least 50% of the price of new?

Nigga, if you can get a $1000 camera for $550 used and in great condition, you're fucking retarded for not taking the eal.
>>
>>2888106
>Should I get a warranty
No.
>what are some good photography lens for this camera?
If you're starting out, get a 50 prime lens.
>>
>>2888171
this, sorta. there is a battle between 50's and 35's. My advice is if you get a camera with the kit lens mess around with it. Keep it at 35mm for a day or two and shoot what you like. Then move it to 50mm and do the same, maybe shoot the same stuff. Go into your viewer/editor/whatever and look at the difference to see what you like.

my vote is 35mm
>>
Can someone tell me what the best place to buy used in the UK is?
>>
>>2888933
London camera exchange is OK. Otherwise eBay m80.
>>
People generally take care of or just don't use photography equipment. I've never had a problem buying used.

>>2888171
50 prime is a terrible recommendation for apsc. Fuji only offers the 56 for now which is a beautiful portrait lens but I use it for literally nothing else.

>>2888205
No--there is a battle between 35mm and 50mm full-frame equivalents.

So if you want a prime the fuji 23mm and 35mm are excellent. If I were purchasing again I would just get the 35mmf2 and call it a day, but you can't go wrong with the 18-55 if it's your first camera.

People with rabals started buying the cheap plastic nifty fiftys and now everyone thinks that's a reasonable focal length to start with. It is not, and you will never ever create anything interesting for the rest of your life if you buy it.
>>
>>2889003
The first lens I bought for my X-T1 not including kit lens was the 56mm and its dominated most of my great photos and they mostly arent portraits
>>
>>2889523
>no photos posted with this post
yeah okay
>>
I got a brand new X-T10 body for £450, and a used 23mm f1.4 lens for 380£ - couldn't be happier.

I've tried the 35mm f2, very good lens, but the focal length pisses me off.
The 18mm f2 is also good, nice and compact, great focal length, but the build quality is a bit clunky and I think it's a good supplementary lens.

Th 23mm f1.4 is just a superb focal length, great speed and generally a solid as fuck lens. The only downside is that it's fuckhuge and bit big, but it looks impressive.
>>
>>2888166
Sure, get it if it's in great condition.

That's why I said GENERALLY, it how I personally gauge whether I'm getting a good deal and it's subject to vary.
>>
>>2888142
I'd just pay the extra $200 to get the brand new one and all the stuff that comes with it.
>>
>>2888010
Buy film not megapickles
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.