[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think /p/? Was he a good photographer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 12829102973_a8dab5a994_b.jpg (170KB, 850x584px) Image search: [Google]
12829102973_a8dab5a994_b.jpg
170KB, 850x584px
What do you think /p/? Was he a good photographer?
>>
No, but his films were pretty good - dramatic angle game was a little too strong though.

(Some of his photos)
http://www.americansuburbx.com/2015/02/stanley-kubricks-photographs-of-1940s-nyc.html
>>
>>2886473
those are great
>>
>>2886480
you have low standards
>>
>>2886486
hmm really makes you think
>>
File: Untsdgitled.jpg (106KB, 770x799px) Image search: [Google]
Untsdgitled.jpg
106KB, 770x799px
this one is actually pretty great

the rest are kind of "beginner"
>>
>>2886486
>>2886505
please explain what you don't like about the photos - I'm trying to understand your aesthetic
>>
somewhat unrelated, but i feel like posting nonetheless

https://player.vimeo.com/video/61167615
>>
>>2886639
Not that anon, but some of them are snapshitty and probably only included in that small collection because they represent the period well. I think most of them are framed and lit very well considering they're street photos.
>>
>>2886440
No but he was a better film maker
>>
I like his photos. But his eyes were better for the continuity of it's snap. The photography of his movies are iconic.
>>
>>2886639
they're generic and simple, had been done before
he hadn't really perfected his vision or developed his style at that point yet
>>
>>2886440
Literally who?
>>
>>2887471
Stanley Kubrick
>>
>>2887471
kill yourself
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.