[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a year after the death of my father this legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Cams.jpg (23KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
Cams.jpg
23KB, 480x288px
I never had the pleasure or curiosity to use the cameras of my father until now. How can take advantage of them?
>>
Sorry for the ugly picture, here i got:

Nikon F-401x
Nikon D7100
Nikon flash SB-800
Nikon lents 28-85mm 3.5-4.5 / 70-200mm 1:4-55 / 18-105 / 50mm
Gyashica Electra 35
Olympus-pen F
>>
>>2886343
>How can take advantage of them?
Take pictures
>>
use it. take pictures with it. worst thing you can do is to sell it in ebay.
>>
>>2886343
Buy film and take pictures. They aren't worth much at all, money wise. Whatever you do, just make sure someone is using them to take pictures, they aren't collectibles and will deteriorate if not properly taken care of.
>>
That pen-f is quite collectible. It's a half frame camera that can give you 72 photos per roll.
>>
>>2886343
Pen F is great for learning film and shooting without a meter since its half frame and unmetered (unless thats an FT)
>>
>>2886343
Sell everything except Olypus PEN F and Nikon D7100 with 18-105mm, 50mm and flash.

Shoot several rolls on Olympus-pen F for learning purposes. If after that you decide you like photography, sell PEN F too and continue using Nikon D7100.
>>
>>2888907

Dumb shit advice.

> learn using one camera, if you like it sell it and use a camera that offers a completely different format and operation.

Ignore this loser OP
>>
>>2888909
Why is my advice dumb? Because he would have to learn how to use 2 different cameras? He would learn the baiscs of photography on PEN-F, and then simply apply that knowledge. After reading the manual he would be able to use D7100 in no time.

Unless its large format, all analogue is good for is learning and seducing hipster bitches. Are you seriously suggesting that he should use that PEN F for anything else? My mobile phone makes sharper photos...
>>
>>2888907
>sell the gear for some dosh
>of his dead father

Anon I...
>>
The Electra and Pen F are fun and very worth keeping. The F401X is worthless. The SB800 and D7100 are current and gud. The 28-85 and 70-200 are eh in the modern era, and could stand to be sold. The 18-105 and 50 are gud.
>>
>>2888922

Because the DSLR is far easier to learn on for someone who knows nothing about photography, it is literally designed to focus and expose for you. Learning on a manual film camera which doesn't even allow you to chimp through the settings is completely moronic compared to a DSLR that just needs changing and no further expense. However, If you think there is no place for 35mm film you are simply an autistic digifag who will never understand the joy of having 72 shots of 400h waiting to be used freely.
>>
>>2888922

>'My mobile phone'

Get off /p/ you collosal normie.
>>
>>2886343
shoot on all cameras and lenses, figure out what you like more, sell whats of no use and buy new lenses for the bodies you like.
>>
>>2886343
if you roll with the nikon, that 28-85mm is pretty solid lense, one of my favorites
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.