[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inquiry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1350x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1350x1600px
Redpill me /p/ on this advertisement.
The poster was published by JWT and Campari. (Whom i asked and never actually gave any info about). So I need the experts of /p/ to give me all the information possible such as photographers in the 80's with similar shots and styles. Kinds of cameras to give the same result. Lighting and color control used for this.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1350
Image Height1600
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: ShowImage.jpg (44KB, 758x530px) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
44KB, 758x530px
>>2885643
I happen to know a bit.

This ad almost brought J Walter Thompson down.

Luca Garavoglia from Campari met a key account person from JWT in 1982 in Rome, seemingly by chance. He was in Piazza Navona getting a gelato with his wife's son. JWT copy writer Bill Lane was there working on the Eastman Kodak account and recognized Luca, struck up a conversation. One thing led to another, and JWT won the account.

Campari was mainly convinced by the work JWT USA had done with the manischewitz wine brand ("There's a Seder in Every Bottle"

Camera SoftwarePhotoFiltre 7
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:02:26 12:12:39
Image Width758
Image Height530
>>
>>2885671
Now, we all know that William Eggleston shot Manischewitz, but refused to travel to Italy for Campari

He used 6x7 Pentax cameras and Kodak Gold 400 film exclusively in this era pushed +2 stops for his commercial work (which is not often discussed, as it's eclipsed by his dye prints etc).

The interesting thing about the Eggleston Commercial style is that it subbornly requires only direct sun, cloudless days, and basically 1pm-2pm light (equivalent to 1-2pm light in the summer months, Northern Hemisphere below the Tropic of Rockwell (69°34′N)
>>
>>2885674
Silver reflectors and large mercury mirrors were used to create a hard light look.

This was incredibly expensive and quite dangerous, especially the mirrors.

The photographer for the Campari shoot basically had to find this location where the light would be perfect at 1-2pm, import a Pentax 6x7 camera and get a bunch of rolls of Kodak Gold 400 color film from Eggleson (it wasn't available in Europe due to the Communism issue in Germany).

Anyway, they bring in this giant bar looking thing, paint a wall in this industrial park and start shooting.

What happens is a production assistant braks one of the mirrors and mercury goes fucking everywhere. A total disaster.

A bunch gets on Luca Garavoglia's wife's son and they call her at her boyfirend's house and she's pissed. She leaves her boyfriend's place and drives like MAD to the studio to ream the photographer out and then she sees him.

It's a young Ken Fucking Rockwell. Before the growing family - he was a commercial photographer. She knew him from a few international competitions.

Long story, short - the bomb is diffused, but the wife ends up sleeping with Rockwell. So now JWT and Campari are all at odds.
>>
>>2885678
It's a fucking mess. The kid has mercury poisoning, Rockwell and Luca's wife are God-knows-where and Bill Lane's job is on the line.

On top of all this, they develop the fucking film in FUJI chemicals - and everyone knows when you mix American emultion and Japanese chemisty, your colors go to shit.

The Eggleston style was creamy and aloof... and this shit came out really saturated and almost obnoxious.

Campari is completely over the whole thing and fires JWT. Rockwell had one last trick up his sleeve - and poses as a Campari account rep and gets thread published.

It's a hit. A big, Goddamn hit. Campari has a bit of a rennaissance, and Rockwell moves to Hollywood.

JWT is still doing work for them today.

THE END.
>>
I dont know how to thank you for this major effort! I have been looking for information for about 3 months. But If I may ask, how did you get all this information?
>>
>>2885686
I made it all up. Sorry.

You'd need to find someone at JWT to even get close.
>>
You should write movie scenarios. Really. I now had 27 tabs related to all the names you've mentioned.
Shame on me then. But to the point about JWT. I tried contacting them, their offices in Berlin, New York and all their offices and sister offices in Italy. I wouldn'tve went with 4chan if I had someone to answer me
>>
I am getting 3k out of this. My boss is some poster freak that needs to lay her hands on this exact poster. She's willing to travel right to Italy to get it untouched. So, this shit seems to have some value. And i want a cut.

Let me bathe in the blood of the bourgeoisie
>>
File: 1465734058044.gif (760KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1465734058044.gif
760KB, 160x160px
>>
>>2885691
10 for delivery. I was still biting even after KR showed up.
>>
>>2885694
The film thread may be able to help. Tell you what was being done for commercial work. Godspeed.
>>
This thread is a work of art.
>>
File: 1468623123339.png (118KB, 650x422px) Image search: [Google]
1468623123339.png
118KB, 650x422px
this is a good thread

this is a really good thread
>>
Best of 4chan material
>>
>>2885682
Thumbsup.png
>>
Godspeed /p/
>>
File: 2KOWJiv.jpg (129KB, 387x493px) Image search: [Google]
2KOWJiv.jpg
129KB, 387x493px
Most entertaining thread on /p/ in ages.
>>
File: roger.jpg (51KB, 439x512px) Image search: [Google]
roger.jpg
51KB, 439x512px
>>2885691

This is how I read it all.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image Width877
Image Height1024
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2016:07:19 18:31:54
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width439
Image Height512
>>
>redpill me
wow
hard to turn me off from a post faster
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2885682
>>2885678
>>2885674
>>2885671
10/10 writing skills
>>
>>2885674
>Tropic of Rockwell (69°34′N)
fucking lost it
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>2886287
Much?

Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width200
Image Height200
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Seriously though how to get that look?
>>
>>2887212
lots of red in the lighter shadows, violet/blue in the
blacks, low whitepoint.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.