[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photography at night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: 5738534378_87d575c3cb_b.jpg (280KB, 880x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5738534378_87d575c3cb_b.jpg
280KB, 880x1024px
I like to photograph at night, and usually I'd have not one worry about roaming around at night.

But, strolling around with 700$ of shit that's clearly visible on you is a bit worrisome.

I shat myself twice last night, I was alone in a park and a group of 8 dudes started coming towards me and 2 of them enabled their phone flashlights and started flashing at me.

And the other time I was near a playground and heard someone cough very close by. There was a creep in a hoodie under a tree just standing there like 7 meters away from me and staring at the empty playground. Couldn't see him because it was pitch black in his area.

Wat do?
>>
>>2885592
Move?
>>
>>2885592
I guess it's the inherent risk in night photography. I like to roam around at night, too.

The good thing is, because you're braver than most photographers, you'll get more unique shots.
>>
Use less expensive equipment, or buy mace.
>>
Get a friend to join you. Get a less conspicuous cam. Get insurance. Wear dumb reflective clothing. Wear athletic shoes and be prepared to run. Savor the moments of fear. Use it as inspiration. You have options.

Man the fuck up.
>>
I suppose don't be a dumbass about it. Avoid parks and the like, stick to more populated areas, etc. avoid groups of shadowy figures.

And why are you at a pitch black playground. That's just weird. Plus the pictures are no good when it's pitch black.

What city?
>>
>>2885592
Just sharpen the ends of your tripod in order to be able to use it as a spear, but now all my friends call me Vlad
>>
I used to do this in the city, just wear shoes you can run in and carry a knife you can quickly reach for.

I'd also recommend a good 2.8 zoom so you can concuss people that ambush you
>>
create a user mode that's set to strobe flash and practice springing it as fast as you can

I actually saw a guy strobe a flash in a muggers face, kick him in the balls, and run faster than I've ever seen anyone run
>>
>>2886770
>Get insurance
This, the scenario will be like this:

>hey you, give me and my gang your camera
>ok, take it

>hey police, they stole my camera
>ok

>hey insurance, they stole my camera
>ok, have money to buy a new one

Don't run, don't fight it. No piece of equipment is worth more than your face is

>>2886782
>carry a knife you can quickly reach for.
Yes, introduce a deadly weapon you have no experience with in a fight over your equipment against 8 guys.
>>
File: 2-CCWStandard.jpg (182KB, 1197x642px) Image search: [Google]
2-CCWStandard.jpg
182KB, 1197x642px
Get a gun, ammo, Holster, and a permit. Take it to the range and get good. Now take leisurely strolls whenever, where ever you please.
>>
>>2886786
Why not just give all of your stuff to criminals then? I mean, you're obviously not worthy of anything you own, you are only allowed to keep what the criminals tell you, your allowed to keep.

Could you mail me your camera, and transfer me the deed to your car? Just tell your insurance company I asked you for it :^]
>>
pretty much this >>2886786

I'll never understand the logic of wanting to introduce a knife or gun over something as trivial as your camera.
>>
>>2887060
It could be a sandwich, I'm not about to let someone cuck me into bending over and letting them rape me and eat my sandwich. That's why I keep a Glock 22 gen4 on me, fuck that.
>>
>>2887060
>letting criminals criminalize you
why not just give him your asshole too
>>
>>2887066
>>2887062
>>2887060

Also sometimes criminals will just kill you for the hell of it. Most people committing burglary are fucked in the head, or on drugs. If they can take your possessions they can also take your life.
>>
>>2887062
This t b h. I have my trusty 9mm xd mod 2 w/ hst rounds when shooting at night. Then again, I live in a free state.
>>
>>2885592
Use a film camera and if they ever try and steal it just say you're poor
>>
File: download.jpg (340KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
340KB, 1000x667px
>>2887105
>have contax g2
>people ask for a picture
>snap it
>they walk over to see how it is
>show them the back and tell them it's a film camera and they can see it in a week
>they get mad and walk away

such is life

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareDigital Camera X-T1 Ver1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)53 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:07:24 19:48:24
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness2.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3456
Image Height2304
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>2887106
WE NEED MORE SMALL LENSES

p.s. why cant digi cams look this good
>>
>>2887116
X-Pro 2 DOES look that good.
>>
>>2885592
You could either carry a form of self defense, such as mace, a tiny gun, a tazer, or a baton.
OR you could bring a cheap compact camera instead of a fancy ol dslr that crack heads would wanna steal
>>
>>2887059
>Local manchild found dead in ditch after attempting to fight 8 gangsters to defend a 700 dollars worth of camera equipment
OR
>Local man child gets stuck with ambulance and ER bill amounting to 3000 dollars after getting jumped
>>
>>2886779
kek
>>
>>2887126
>paying for your ambulance and treatment
kek, what's it like living in the third world?
>>
>>2887136
America is the worst
>>
>>2885592
>700$
>7 meters

Where are you from anon ?
>>
>>2887059

How's that basement?
>>
>>2887062

No it's not the same thing. I'm going to fight tooth and nail for my asshole or my life, but I'm not going to do it for a sandwich or a fucking camera.
>>
>>2887317

I like the way he's operating off the assumption that every criminal is going to be some dumbfuck without any kind of advantage over you in the situation.
Betrays his utter lack of experience that he thinks some guy is just going to be like "give me your camera OH NOOO A GUUUUN" and run away flapping his hands.
>>
>>2887320
Most criminals aren't as proficient with firearms as someone who trains is. Also I will never just draw my weapon to intimidate. It remains hidden unless I need it to defend myself. Hence the "concealed" part of concealed carry. If they see my gun it's right before the trigger gets pulled. Stop thinking that street criminals are some ultra intelligent top teir operators. Makes you sound weak. I've been in some shit on the street and trust me once the bullets start flying motherfuckers start scattering like cockroaches. You just gotta not be a little bitch boy about it.
>>
>>2886782
You have to be the most stupid cunt on the planet to recommend carrying a knife to some random dude over the internet.

I may carry a knife personally but I have experience with these sorts of situations, but cunts with no experience that pull a knife when they feel threatened are going to get seriously hurt and end up in hospital or facing jail time...

If you really want to feel safe, include friends in the activities, take some Ju-do courses or someshit, don't float around in the dark, be active, be seen. Otherwise dudes are going to take all sorts of suspicion and prey on you.

Also most importantly, USE A BAG. Best go for something low profile that ISNT milspec (military) or a camera bag, i just use a simple Nike bag. Doesn't look expensive? no one takes notice.
>>
>>2887690
And also, if you are fortunate enough to live in a state that allows conceal carry or open carry of firearms, buy a Walther PPK/S or Glock 26 and take some self defence courses with Travis Haley or Jason Falla
>>
>>2887643
>If they see my gun it's right before the trigger gets pulled.
>Let's give manchildren some guns, what could go wrong? :^)
>>
>>2887643

There you go, talking that utter shite again.
Take your inferiority complex to somewhere like /k/ man.

Not everyone's life is an issue of feckin' Batman.
>>
I personally have a gun.

>>2885592
>>2886770
Athletic shoes are a good idea, but get something with grip also.

When I was still a teenager an old man tried to rape me down at the local park when it was frozen over. In the middle of daylight, but also in the middle of nowhere because >winter.

I just walked away while he followed until he realized I was on phone with the police. Then he disappeared into the bush.
>>
>>2887692
>Jason Falla

I'd rather take them with Jason Blaha
>>
>>2885592
I went out last night too and i was basically in someones backyard because they live on a lake, so they called the cops on me. Im only 17 and they would clearly be able to see i had a tripod and wasnt on their property. Fuckin southern americucks i swear.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 960x640px
Here's a few night photographs I took a couple of years ago. You occasionally get security asking what the fuck you're doing but most people don't bother you.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 Macintosh
Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 960x640px
Probably helps that I'm 6'4 and fairly intimidating so people just avoid me anyway lol

Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 960x640px
I think this is the only one I shot handheld on the way back from a night out somewhere in London.

Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 960x640px
Last one for now. I did an entire series of these though. I'd like to shoot some more maybe on film.

Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
>>2887825
One on the right is cool
>>
>>2885592
>Just be black in any major American city. People literally run across the street to avoid me.
>>
File: 1464177449760.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
1464177449760.png
137KB, 526x436px
>>2887062
>tfw not even pepperspray is legal for civilians in Belgium
>tfw i feel like a criminal for carrying a swiss pocket knife in my pocket
>>
>>2887085
>I live in a free state.
I live in a country that is free from the fear of being shot by assholes with guns
>>
>>2887690
>just use a simple Nike bag
What a horrible suggestion considering negroes routinely murder each other for their Nikes.
>>2885592
get your conceal permit and go to /k/ for further instructions.
>>
File: LwquN6i.jpg (52KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
LwquN6i.jpg
52KB, 600x526px
>>2887060
Here in the USA, every majority black and Hispanic area is openly hostile to whites. They won't just steal your camera and let you leave, they'll bumrush your ass, sucker punching you until you're on the ground in the fetal position. Then they'll kick in your face and stomp on your head and give you an 8 on 1 beatdown. You'll need stitches and dental work when they finish. For shits and giggles, they'll strip you down to your underwear, and last, they might sodomize you, or as leftists like to call it, check your white privilege.
>>
File: 1335042932760.jpg (258KB, 1879x339px) Image search: [Google]
1335042932760.jpg
258KB, 1879x339px
>>2892303
>muh gun free country makes me safe from being shot
>implying you can't just as easily be knifed or run over with truck

Ah, I see. You want to be able to live in a jungle, but without the animals. That's like all of the liberals I speak with who want more-and-more Third World immigrants to come over, and at the same time they want to be able to leave their doors unlocked or be able to walk through Central Park or downtown Detroit at night without being attacked by sub-humans. These people are clearly out of touch with reality. The reality is that if you insist on living in a jungle you must expect to be eaten.

>>
File: YYFFk[1].jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
YYFFk[1].jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>2888940
stop playing the victim here.
You know damn well which demographic you're most likely to be murdered by and I don't doubt for a second that you cross the street, too, to avoid groups of young black males.
The leading cause of death for black males in the USA is other black males.
>>
>>2887824
yorkshire?
>>
>>2892384
Nah, America is just a general shit hole.

You're out of touch with reality if you don't realize this.
>>
File: CYkT9pKUEAAKXjz.jpg (42KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
CYkT9pKUEAAKXjz.jpg
42KB, 600x603px
>>2892380
Nigga is you serious
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.