[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I do a bad thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I feel like I did a bad thing....

I've been to events and protests with a long lens and always jokingly said that I hope that shit would kick off and I could get a photo that would make national newspapers, but of course it never did. However today I passed by a traffic collision and had my gear on me (new self resolution) and straight away pushed forward and snapped away. The fireman asked me who I was with, and he let me continue when I said I'm freelancing.

But then on the way home before I sent them to my local newspaper, I started feeling... really bad. Some guys obviously thought I was an opportunistic asshole, and in a way I can't deny it. What are your thoughts on this /p/? If I hadn't been first at the scene, someone else would have been there anyway right?
>>
File: Grimace.jpg (31KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
Grimace.jpg
31KB, 326x343px
Nah. You're good. Just don't think about it too much. If the fireman let you snap some pics then you weren't being an asshole.
>>
>>2884905
Don't feel bad about it, do what you love
>>
>>2884905
Someone needs to document these tragedies. People need to see more real shit like car accidents so that they understand what its really like. In short, don't feel bad. You did you're community a service.
>>
>>2884905
>I sent them to my local newspaper

Did they accept ?
>>
>>2884905
Photo journalism is opportunistic and voyeurism, bottom line
That's not bad tho
Also, next time someone asks you who you're with, lie and drop a newspaper or online publication
>>
>>2885022
Pretty much this. Candid shots of events and happenings sell, and that's what the media buys.
>>
>>2885022
>lie and drop a newspaper or online publication
"Credentials, please?"
>runs away
>harajukus from shame
>>
>>2884994
>People need to see more real shit like car accidents so that they understand what its really like.
Great point
In college, I spent a semester in Brazil and witnessed so much tragic shit and senseless killing that I came back to NYC with a totally different perspective on the world and, particularly, how little life means in the 3rd World.
We're sheltered in the USA from all of the gory gruesome consequences of auto collisions, suicides, and homicides. For that I am very thankful and appreciative.
>>
Cheers guys, I guessed I would have been in the right but I couldn't shake the sense that it was wrong. Maybe because it's just a completely different human reaction to what would be natural - which would be stopping and looking in horror and concern.

>>2884998
I sent them to what looked like the main publication in South Wales and gave the picture desk a phone call, they called me back saying they had been sent to Wales Online aka the Cardiff Echo. I'm not even sure if they'll use them as I didn't bother with the metadata etc, just sent the jpgs straight to them. Will give their picture desk a call tomorrow.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.