[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LX100 or X100T?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: D3S_1533-1200.jpg (252KB, 1200x839px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_1533-1200.jpg
252KB, 1200x839px
Which should I get as first camera?
>>
>>2882827
>M43

This is absolutely disgusting. M43 is the absolute worse format in the history of cameras. There is absolutely no value in them. Noise on those sensors is unbearable. Also why would you buy a 12 megapixel camera in this day and age? 12 megapixels is barely good enough for a post card.
>>
>>2882856
:^) you're a confused fellow
>>
>>2882869
Just get the A6000 and be done with it.
>>
In all seriousness, for your first camera don't get either. Just get a mid range Canon or Nikon dual lens kit pack.
>>
>>2882870
That will put him off photography for life
>>
>>2882881
I want something easy to carry around
I find the old school manual controls appealing as opposed to having to set everything through menus on most mid-range dslrs I've tried.

The other option I'm considering is the X-T1 with a 27mm lens
>>
>>2882856
12MP is probably fine, I'm not going to be printing onto posters and it's higher resolution than any computer monitor
>>
>>2882908
No it ain't. With all that m43 noise you will be sizing down to 1mp to get rid of it.
>>
For something you can carry around everywhere get a Sony rx100, whatever model suits your budget
>>
>>2882925
This.
>>
The Sony RX100 absolutely killed the compact camera market.

FUJI BTFO
RICOH BTFO
OLYMPUS BTFO
PANASONIC BTFO.
>>
>>2882870
>>2882921
>>2882925
>>2882926

all that sony shills...

M43 is fine, if you consider the not so good low light capabilities.
I have a LX100 as secondary cam and it works fine, with fine enough quality for A2 prints.
>>
>>2882827
Don't listen to shills and idiots.

Either would be a good choice. The manual controls for shutter speed and aperture on both are great for learning photography.
>>
>>2882953
Thanks, I'll try them both tomorrow. Might get an x1 with 27mm if it's similar price, I feel the x100t is pretty overpriced for its age
>>
X-t1
>>
>>2882827
GEAR THREAD!
USE IT!
>>
X-T10
-
T

No seriously. Same as the XT-1, half the price. The 23mm f2 lens will be out before the end of the year.

The X100T is nice, but it's a seriously an expensive extension to a richfags collection.
>>
I bought an X100S as my first camera, and then I recently also got a Ricoh GR. I'm a huge fan of something I can fit in my pocket or take with me anywhere. I might get a mirrorless system one day, but right now I can do pretty much anything I want with my kit. I'm not huge into anything that needs a tele lens.

I might want to do some portrait stuff sometime, but I'm thinking about just getting the 50mm adapter for the X100S and calling it a day there.

The other benefit here is that I'm not tempted to buy a ton of lenses to upgrade my gear.
>>
>>2882956
Unless you have a special snowflake reason for picking the X-T1 over X-T10/X-E2(s), don't do it.
The only thing I can think of that you'll want the X-T1 for over the X-T10/X-E2 is weather sealing, only when using weather sealed lenses.
I have an X-Pro 2 but still own my X-T10. It's nice and lightweight/compact with the 27mm.

As for choosing an X100 over an ILC. It could be good for you but you may find having one focal length and a couple of adapters is challenging. You most certainly won't make use of the leaf shutter/flash sync speed.
However buying it can also help you get rid of gearfaggotry.

As for the LX100, it's a fine camera. My only criticisms would be the sensor, which you may find limiting in low light (plus you'd need a flash). I'd love to see an LX100 II tho for sure.
>>
>>2882921
I make 1080p wallpapers all the time with my 12mp mft camera, and so long as they're resized and sharpened like any digital image should be, they look as good as wallpapers from any camera. Mine struggles with UHD wallpapers, but the result is still good enough that non photographers don't notice a difference and the new 16mp sensors can max out UHD resolution with a decent lens. (Which is perfect because all the mft lenses are really good)

I wouldn't take mft over Fuji or Sony aps-c but as long as you aren't buying the newest lenses at launch retail price, the whole system costs half as much a sony and a third as much as fuji.
>>
>Buying a fuji camera

Hope you dont mind crushed blacks

(Seriously - review any fuji X range camera, the dynamic range in black is awful)
>>
>>2882856
Oh man you know nothing about cameras. 12 mp is more than enough the only thing bad about it is its a crop sensor but thats it. Ive never used it so idk about how bad the noise is but it cant be that bad.
>>
>>2883207

lol
>>
easy.
omd em-10 ii with 12-42 for $699 you stupid fuck - same price as lx100.
next question
>>
>>2883207
I don't really know what you're talking about. The film simulations have a tendency to crush blacks down on the default settings but that's a 2 second adjustment. Do you mean the dynamic range captured in the shadows in the raw file?
>>
>>2883271
Spoiler: He's talking shit, like most people who have never shot a single picture with a fuji.
>>
>>2883271
>>2883207
I used an XE1 for two weeks. That camera is not among the best X mount cameras. (I returned it quickly; too slow and too many glitches) The shadow detail in the raw files was incredible. Not as good as I've got from the best DR cameras, but without question in the top-tier of aps-c. I especially enjoyed using it in extended DR mode because the ISO noise performance was so good that there was hardly any reason not to. I actually couldn't do that as well with other cameras I've owned because simply underexposing made an image too dark to review.

tl;dr: Of all the things anon could have chosen to say was poor in the X cameras, they chose the one thing where the cameras are exceedingly good, showing that they've most likely never touched one. Good job.
>>
File: crushedblacks.jpg (1MB, 1545x1284px) Image search: [Google]
crushedblacks.jpg
1MB, 1545x1284px
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8181897

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:07:15 00:57:41
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1545
Image Height1284
>>
>>2883302
>reviews for jpeg DR
>JPEG
Anon, this is legendary.
>>
>>2882933
>not getting nigon dl 18-50
>>
>>2883302
>Not just changing the shadow tone in camera for your JPG shots
>Not just using the RAW
>Not just going to the playback menu and changing the shadow tone, highlight tone, film setting, exposure comp, wb etc
>literally being Ken Rockwell

Equipment MakeSEIKO EPSON CORP.
Camera ModelEPSON scanner
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.2 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:10:27 22:39:46
>>
>>2882827
Get the LX100. I bought the x100s after owning an LX5 and I really wish I had bought the lx100.

Fuck the people saying m43 or 12mp is inadequate. The LX is fine to iso 1600 which is more than enough for most use and goes to 24mm which is great.

35mm is boring as fuck imo, and the x100 is slow to focus. At least with the Pana you can stick it on the wide end, manual focus, and like f/4 and everything is in focus.

I would not recommend the x100 series as a first camera. I think the Pana will handle better and will ultimately bring you more happiness, while the X will bring you more sharpness and a stop or two more in ISO (who fucking cares).

Also, gear thread.
>>
>>2883381
The lx100 has actually a hyperfocal lock as an fn button option. It's one of the only cameras that does, which must be rather annoying to Fujifilm, I bet it's patented.
>>
OP here ended up grabbing a used x100s for $500, lx felt a bit cheap and flimsy and don't really see the point of zoom. Time to start shooting
>>
>>2883390
Wow that's brilliant, wish my x100 had that. Don't see why this isn't standard on fixed lens cameras.
>>
File: 20160707-_S091745.jpg (456KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
20160707-_S091745.jpg
456KB, 1920x1275px
>>2883390
thats seems pretty useful, but with a 35mm and f8 almost everything its in focus. (have a x100)

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePix X100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:07:08 13:01:20
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2500
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness3.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length23.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2883390
too bad they crop that tiny sensor even further.
>>
>>2883390
>hyperfocal
Now this really is a meme that must die.
>>
File: 1464063597264.png (254KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
1464063597264.png
254KB, 600x905px
>>2884089
>>
>>2883108
big full-frame-like viewfinder
>>
>>2882905

I often shoot my xe2 with the 27mm

If this is your first camera the xt1 or x100t is a lot of camera.

Imo you'd be better off buying an interchangeable lens system and investing in lenses.
>>
>>2884045
Panasonic has almost certainly patented it, and would demand royalty if it were used on other cameras.
>>2884089
Spot the poor soul who's never enjoyed lag free always in focus shots
>>
>>2883213
>12 mp is more than enough

Assuming you do absolutely zero cropping in post, so I hope your lens has high-quality glass that has zero aberration and distortion around the corners.
>>
>>2883108
I don't like the grip of the X-T10. Haven't gotten a chance to fondle the X-T1 but I feel since it's more DSLR-like I'd find it more comfortable and that's the main reason I'm for it moreso
>>
>>2882827

Some other camera. I really like the LX100 especially that it is small and has a silent mode. But I'm just not going to buy a mft camera. I also prefer a camera with an interchangeable lens.
>>
>>2883369
>>2883312
yeah good luck decoding fujis weird-@$$ raws
>>
>>2884466
Yeah, no one who knows the first thing about raw processing has any trouble at all. Are you trying to tell us that you're stupid, or that this is your first week of photography and you don't know what you're talking about?
>>
>>2884520

Yeah what are you a stupid fag
>>
I own an lx100, and I like it.

I like :
- the controls, easy to reach, easy to use
- the lens : good in low light, not much distortion
- the aspect ratio switch : i almost never touch the picture after taking them, so it helps my composing
- the view finder, really sharp, wysiwyg, I use it all the time
- the sensor is good, 12Mp can be a little just, but it's good at 1600ISO and pictures are still usable at 3200ISO so i'm fine with it
- the look and grip, the size (bigger than my former lx5)

I don't like :
- the zoom, the motor is to slow, it's painful to go from 24mm to 75
- since you cant change the lens, 75 is a bit short for my use (outdoor mostly), the 300mm num zoom is a gadget

I'd still buy it over an x100t
>>
d3200
>>
>>2883077
Ey you ended up getting that Ricoh as well. Do you feel like your x100s is obsolete now? I want a ricoh (currently have an x100s too) but feel like I won't want to take my Fiji out anymore
>>
>>2882856
>12 megapixels is barely good enough for a post card
you're big idiot
>>
>>2882905
you can get a mid range nikon with all the dials near the trigger. now something like the d3300 yeah more menus
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.