[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/p/ Documentary thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Finding-Vivian-Maier.jpg (206KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Finding-Vivian-Maier.jpg
206KB, 2048x1152px
/p/ Documentary thread
>>
>>2862536
I'm going to watch that, I will never understand why you americans have to be so "over the top" with such stories. "She was so secretive, weird! Maybe she was a spy!", really?
>>
>>2862615
Because we're all bored and boring, and our imaginations go crazy.
>>
>>2862615
I don't know if you are referring to an actual statement from someone, but there is an actual part in the doc where someone gives a first hand account of picking her up on the side of the road, and her telling them she was a spy. Obviously she's not, and the documentary doesn't make her out to be anything other than a crazy bitch honestly. She even abused some of the children she took care of.
>>
http://www.tyronelebon.com/reely-and-truly/
>>
File: 1465713907612.png (180KB, 615x737px) Image search: [Google]
1465713907612.png
180KB, 615x737px
Halfway decent street photographer over-hyped in the news and documentary. The film is particularly egregious for over hyping. The guy is desperate to make a pile money off of this.
>>
>>2862699
Noob here, do you have street photographers to recommend? I know Doisneau, but not much else.
>>
>>2862699
not to mention a schizo child beating cunt
>>
>>2862982
if you worked with kids, you'd want to beat them too. now we just repress these emotions
>>
>>2862949

cartier bresson?
>>
>>2862999
please anyone but this guy

yeah cartier bressons photos are nice but no one knows any photographer but him. he is the archetypical street photographer

cartier bresson is literally the meme photographer
>>
>>2862536
she's inspires me to do photography wherever i am, even during the job. she didnt giv a fuck
>>
>>2862615

I saw that documentary and no one - least of all the narrator - entertained the idea that should could have been a spy or anything as silly as that. She was an eccentric who met a sad fate, that is all. And she happened to take a lot of wonderful photos along the way. Highly recommended doc. One of the most "human" and personal that I've ever seen.
>>
>>2864171
>she didnt giv a fuck

I think that fearlessness is the key to being a great street photographer. We all need to hone that a little more every day.
>>
>>2863016
John Free or Weegee then? Maybe Mary Ellen Mark?
>>
>>2862982
>schizo child beating cunt
News at 10, artists has unstable mind, scientists depating if their condition is beneficial to the creative process.
>>
>>2862673
what is this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.