[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do japanese people love photography so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Flag_of_Japan_(bordered).png (26KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Japan_(bordered).png
26KB, 2000x1333px
Another day I went to a marriage of two japanese descendants.

And besides the pro photographers hired to cover the event a lot of the guests had their DSLR's with them too. I mean, A LOT!

The total sum of DSLR's from the guests was higher than the DSLR from the pro photographers. I wouldn't doubt some of the guests had better gear than the hired photographers.

Is this common with japaneses??
>>
File: 1460588733741.jpg (423KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1460588733741.jpg
423KB, 1920x1440px
Its due to their genetics. Their eyes are too thin to see the world as everyone else does, they can see the world better through a $1500 lens. They use cameras with fancy lenses in the same way we wear glasses or contacts. Also their penises are all so small that they need to use cameras as a sort of courting tool to attract a partner.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.2.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:04:13 23:45:00
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2823382
Seems legit.
>>
>>2823382
ah that clears it up. thanks anon!
>>
/sci/entist here, your an idiot btw. Your sample size is small, and you haven't properly controlled for variables.

For example, either the bride or groom go to a photography school? if so, did they have a lot of friends there. How did you meet them? by the context of your post, it would seem, you are not japanese, but the fact you posted on a south afriacan kodak film developing enthusiast site, that you also own an slr.

Stop asking questions in a way that gives you the answer you want.
>>
>>2823626
right...autismo
>>
Probably cause the two biggest names in camera's are japanese. There's also olympus, fuji, pentax, ricoh, sony...
>>
is gear cheaper in japan?
>>
>>2823788
Not really, sometimes it'll be a good deal if the exchange rates are in your favor but that's about it.

Globalization has kind of killed the cool factor of Japanese electronics, sadly. Even in '08 when I first went there, there was still quite a bit of cool stuff you couldn't get in the US, but now it's all the same shit they sell everywhere else.

As for Japan's camera obsession, I think it comes down to the economic bubble of the '80s. Suddenly they had a ton of money and cameras were a popular luxury item, and they also went on a lot of vacations and therefore wanted nice cameras to capture them. They're also very "status" oriented, as are most East Asian countries, and good photos of exotic places were a good way to impress their friends.
>>
when I'm photographing events for the organiser I hate photographing asians because I feel like they will notice that I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
I like when I got to work in some events and the asian qt3.14 come to me "woah, you shoot Nikon! that's a nice camera! Do you work all time as photographer?"

Now I know Nikon is like magnetic to asians
>>
>>2823626
I own a mirrorless camera. Only fags pro wannabe have DSLR's.
>>
>>2823741
/v/ here
It's nice to know that other boards are hostile sometimes too.
>>
>>2824014
It's not hostility, only a natural reaction to autism, and I'm not even him.
>>
>>2823368
Because for Japanese, it is important to look the part. Even if you're just a casual hobbyist.

Kicking ball with your 5-year old son at the local field? Gotta have shin guards, long socks, cleats, team uniforms - for the both of you.

Like talking walks in the local forrest? Gotta get hiking boots, 1000$ premium range softshell jackets, walking sticks, crampons, hats, camping stove and generally look like you're going on a safari or to climb mount everest rather than up the nearby 200meter hill.

Family vacation snapshits? Can't do with less than a Canon 1Ds and L series lenses, because naturally your family deserves only the best.

Which is to say, It's not about what you actually do for reals, but how dedicated you look.

tl;dr - japan is the promised nation of gearfags.
>>
>>2823881
Noted
>>
>>2823368
90% of camera maker is in japan.
>>
>>2824069
this, so much this
>>
>>2823382
Haha thanks for saving and reporting my pic <3
>>
>>2823368
Gear is cheap in Japan, Also it's not their culture to zoom in with their feet.
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xug2s
>>
maybe because they make alot of cameras but also probably its just popular there, certain nations like different thing, you can pretty much apply your question to any race
>>
>>2824069
>tl;dr - japan is the promised nation of gearfags.
this made me kek

great post brethren
>>
>>2824069

This. Live in Japan. On my way home today I passed exactly what you described. A guy and a 4 year old both with matching uniform and pads, and they were just kicking a ball around in the sand. Not only are they gearfags, the conformism is so strong here that even the non-conformists have their own matching clothes style. There is a uniform for everything. Once you live here long enough you can basically tell 85% about a person just by what they are wearing, which is how they like it to be. No one has to ask what someone's deal is, they can just look at their outfit and deduce.
>>
File: shin.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shin.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Traditionally, it's a standard Japanese practice to bring back some memento of a region or event you visited. Some areas are known for particular sweets, some for pottery, etc. In modern times, this extends to even things simply emblazoned with the place name, (but was probably manufactured in China.) I don't know if it's the case in general now, but Tokyo Disneyland at least for some time was the only park that noted the geographic location on souvenirs.

For our interests, bringing back photos falls under this practice of bringing back something.

Just got back from there recently. I was surprised to see some people with disposable film cameras; albeit mostly school students visiting temples.
>>
Japanese loves cameras.
Once is saw a family of Japanese tourists.

Father had a canon 1dx. Mother had a 5d3. Older son had a 6d. Younger son had a t2i.

I couldn't laugh more.
>>
If you go to any tourist spot or something that was featured on a Japanese TV program there'll be a huge crowd there that's so busy taking pictures with their keitai to line to all their friends that they never even bother to look at the place with their own eyes or take a moment to experience and enjoy it.

Last month I was down in Okinawa and at the big aquarium there was a Japanese guy with a little handicam who would jam his arm past you, quickly sweep the camcorder across the tank, and walk off, not for a second pointing his squinty eyeballs at it. It's totally surreal here.

I gotta hand it to the ancient guys still walking around using prehistoric rangefinders and antediluvian compact film cameras though.
>>
>>2826727
>I gotta hand it to the ancient guys still walking around using prehistoric rangefinders and antediluvian compact film cameras though.
Did you find that a lot more common there than wherever it is you normally are?
>>
>>2826754
Well I've been living in Japan for years so I can't really compare but I've been all over the country and it seems like a reasonably universal thing no matter where you go. Definitely more common than it was in the US, but I'd wager the elderly are also a lot more active here too. They've been shooting the same films with the same gear getting it developed by the same little hole-in-the-wall camera shop for decades. Probably shooting all the same pictures too, honestly. Creativity isn't exactly encouraged here.

Old habits (and the old people too, those buggers get more HP every time they level) really die hard here.

I just wish they'd die a little easier so I could snatch up their MF gear at decent prices for my own nefarious ends.
>>
>>2824429
>taking pictures and bringing back souvenirs from a trip you take is an and ancient enigmatic Japanese tradition
>>
>>2826874
It's a modern extension of that practice, you autistic twit.
>>
>>2823626

>/sci/entist here, your an idiot btw. Your sample size is small, and you haven't properly controlled for variables.

lmao
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.