[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a Sony NEX-5N (because you all said it was solid) for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-0109-1.jpg (156KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-0109-1.jpg
156KB, 600x400px
Just got a Sony NEX-5N (because you all said it was solid) for $125 of Craigs.
I don't know a fucking thing about /p/hotos. What're some things I should do or not do?
All I plan to use it for is dumb pleb shit, like taking pictures of things I want to sell on eBay or show my brothers while out and about.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2012:02:17 12:29:35
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/22.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length105.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width600
Image Height400
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Do: Take pictures of things you like
Don't: Buy a bunch of lenses and start telling people their photos are shit
>>
>>2812078
I wouldn't know a shit photo if it slapped me in the face and said, "Hi, I'm a shit photo."

I tried to take some pictures outside a bit ago and they were super blurry. I wasn't using a tripod (don't have one), but is there anyway to help that? Maybe it was the low light?
>>
>>2812079
Did you get the camera to focus before you took the shot? I'd think the camera would be smart enough in auto to take a good shot.

I'd suggest learning a bit about composition. That's the biggest difference between good and shit photos.
>>
>>2812081
Hmm, ok, maybe it wasn't on the auto setting. I'll have to fuck around with it.
>>
most cameras if you just slam the button down it doesn't give the camera time to focus. some you have to press halfway and the camera will focus and give off an audible tone letting you know it has focused and then you press the rest of the way down on the button.

your focal points can also be set to something beside center focus, maybe? like you camera focused on the tree leaves in the top right corner of the photo and not the tree trunk in the center because the leaves were closer to the camera.

read some wikipedia pages on the basics of photography and read your camera's instruction manual.
>>
>>2812102
Shame mine didn't come with one. But I should be able to find a pdf, thanks.
>>
>>2812077
its actually a good camera if you have a decent lens on it
i love mine because its small and light enough to take with me while i' am out riding
>>
>>2812077
Get the EVF add-on to have a more stable hold of the camera.
>>
>>2812079
User a good flash or increase iso / open the aperture. Make sure your on auto focus or know how to manual focus.
>>
>>2814602
you forgot the word "dick" at the end of your post man
>>
>>2814602
>decent lenses
>sony
is there a problem anon
>>
>>2812077
The kit flash and kit lenses are atrociously bad. Get an adapter for a decent lens and, like others have said, it's a good camera assuming you can deal with Sony's faggoty interface.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.