[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lightroom Issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Lightroom error.png (1MB, 1847x952px) Image search: [Google]
Lightroom error.png
1MB, 1847x952px
Currently studying Photography and at the campus a work is a done on Mac. However at home i use a PC.

I have all my photos and LR catalog on my external, However when i use the campus mac's and come home most of my photos are required to be found again. BUT no images/folders have moved.

Anyone know why or how to get issue?
>>
The file structure on your home computer points to a different place on the school computer.
If I make a catalog that sources photos from a USB drive 'F' on my PC, take that catalog and USB to another PC where the USB is now drive 'G',
it won't work.
It needs to be the same exact file structure.
The fact that you're working across two different ecosystems is hard enough.
>>
>>2800610
thanks,
i was worried that was the fact. Exporting the catalog after each class, will still give me the issue im guessing?
>>
>>2800615
It should give the same issue. The file directory has to be EXACT you can't move something from say "c:\images" to "f:\images" because they're not the same directory.
>>
Maybe there is a way to specify relative paths, rather than absolute paths.

That should fix it.
>>
>>2800624
quick Google:

>if the catalog AND the images parent folder are both established at the same level in one overall parent folder, then it should be possible to take advatage of Lightroom's ability to use relative paths rather than absolute paths to detect the images, no matter if the drive is named (Mac) or lettered (PC).

So I think you just have to put your pictures in a folder placed next to the catalogue file.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.