[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Denmark photography advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (411KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
411KB, 1334x750px
Im going to copenhagen for 2 weeks in october and im going to be going all around denmark with just me and my camera. I could really use some advice on where to go, how to travel, any places to eat, and any other advice would be apreciated.
>>
>>2793316
germany and cameras dont mix
>f a m

google up on that shit so you dont fuck yourself over.
>>
>>2793316
>where to go, how to travel, any places to eat, ...
>>>/trv/
>>
>>2793322
You didn't care much for geography class in school, did you?
>>
>>2793324
Thats mostly just stuff on the side, im mostly looking for interesting locations to shoot and stuff like that. i can eat anywhere and find ways around my own way, but if any of you /p/hags had some tips it would be icing on the danish.
>>
is this of any use?
http://www.skyscanner.dk/nyheder/10-magiske-steder-i-danmark
>>
>>2793316
isn't not knowing half the fun of it though?
>>
>>2793384
Meticulously planning everything is boring but you do need something to start on.
>>
File: IMG_4673 copy.jpg (601KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4673 copy.jpg
601KB, 1000x1500px
I'm not a Dane but I've been living in Copenhagen for 2 years. In Copenhagen, Norrebro is the super hip, just the right amount of gentrified place to shoot street. If you like free spirited dirty hippies smoking weed and weird houses with organic gardens outside, check out Christiania, p cool alternative lifestyle. Amager has some nature close to the city, you can take the metro line, but it's pretty dull imo. At Nordhavn there's a small fishing village in an industrial area I always wanted to check out, and you'll find most of the touristy stuff and major sights in 'indre by/Kobenhavn K'. There's also a photography meetup-group here that have pretty regular events if you want to meet other photogs. I've also lived in Roskilde, which is 30 min by train from Copenhagen. If you go there you can jump on a bike and find some smaller, picturesque villages in the surrounding areas. The country in general and especially Copenhagen is very bicycle-friendly both in terms of infrastructure and topography, so that's my recommended way to get around. Nature-wise Denmark is pretty dull from what I've seen, but supposedly there's some cool areas in Jylland. Other major cities are Odense, Aarhus and Aalborg, only been to Odense for a short period so don't have much to share about those. Oh and Æro is a small island south of Fyn, very beautiful but not sure if it's worth the trip considering you only have two weeks.

took this one outside roskilde, it's mostly photoshop though so it's not really representative of what it looks like

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
PhotographerOrjan Berg Brenne
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.7
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3456
Image Height5184
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:03:15 13:22:26
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height1500
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2793391
You're allowed to take photos in Christiania?
>>
>>2793392
oh yeah that's true. Not really sure about how strictly it's enforced, but yeah you'll find no-photo signs and it's generally not cool for obvious reasons. It's a pretty large area though, you'll probably be fine if you're considerate/casual about it and do it outside the weed-buying area.
>>
>>2793391
Thank you very much :)
>>
>>2793316
You don't ask /p/ where to take good photos, you ask /p/ HOW to take good photos. You ask /trv/ or /out/ or someone WHERE to take good photos.
>>
>>2793391
nice picture man albeit quite empty I enjoy its colors quite a bit.

for OP:
I would suggest checking out the seasides in Jylland, particularly the western shores - say Blokhus, a big ass empty beach which you may find interesting.
>>
>>2793396
It is very strictly enforced at pusher street. You will get a beating without warning. Rest of Christiania is not a problem. But that place looks like shit in the autumn and winter.

>>2793316
>October
It is going to be wet, gray, dark and dull. If you are unlucky the leafs will be off the threes all ready.
I cannot recommend any places. You should go to Norway or Sweden instead.
>>
>>2793391
Odense is a shithole. Avoid.
>>
>>2793332
fuck just realised denmark isn't germany and its some other weird word starting with d.
I will go hang myself now...
>>
>>2794082
Don't let the fool you. It's the same damn place. It's like austrians pretending they're different from germans. Netherlands, btw, is just germany with pot.
>>
Thanks for the replys guys i appreciate the replys
>>
>>2793678
Odense is alright but you'll get sick and tired of hearing about HC Andersen. I guess a foreigner might not be as burnt out on him as the rest of us, though.
And avoid Vollsmose of course; it's one of those no-go zones the left claim don't exist.
>>
I visited Copenhagen earlier this year in January for a week. Having only just bought my first DSLR roughly a week beforehand, I must admit I don't have many decent photos of the city itself besides the obvious sights/tourist attractions, but thinking back to my time there I'd suggest the Norrebro or Vesterbro areas if you're looking to shoot on the street.

If you're looking for breakfast I highly recommend the Next Door Cafe. Their pancakes are great and the coffee is even better. The cafe is roughly a 5-10 minute walk from the central station. Alternatively you could pop into a bakery and pick up a couple pastries for breakfast. Andersen Bakery opposite the central station is excellent or there are multiple Lagkagehuset bakeries across the city.

Evening meals kind of depend on which part of the city you're staying in. If you're staying in Vesterbro I'd suggest taking a walk along Sonder Boulevard and seeing if anything along there takes your fancy (the meatpacking district is just off of this street - plenty of great restaurants), or take the other main street Lyrskovgade (I think) and take your pick of restaurants from there.

I managed to get around Copenhagen by foot only taking the metro to the aquarium as well as to and from the airport. Buses are frequent and pretty direct, but rather expensive in comparison to buses here in the UK. If you're trying to stick to a budget, only get a bus if necessary. The metro line is cheap, very quick, and usually arrives every 3 minutes or so. Cycling or walking are the most efficient ways of getting around.

It's a really great city. I didn't have the opportunity to explore outside of Copenhagen, but having 2 weeks in the country I'd imagine you'll be able to find some nice places to shoot and I'm already looking forward to seeing the photos from your trip, OP. I miss it very much.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.