[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone use a Pentax Q?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: pentax q.jpg (7KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
pentax q.jpg
7KB, 254x199px
I am thinking about getting the q7. Are there other cameras you could recommend anon? I would appreciate it. I would just like a nice pocket camera that has good lenses. Megapixels don't matter for me though unless they are below 10.
>>
I have the original Q, and it's pretty sweet. Poor low light performance, but a decent C-mount lens helps a lot with that, and the Q7 has a slightly bigger sensor. Plus the crop factor is nice, makes a 50mm lens have a decent range in a small form factor.
>>
>>2760754
Alright I will keep looking out for more cameras though. I don't have a lot of money at all so. :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
>>2760805
probably because you have so many mouths to feed
>>
>>2760815
Smirked, A+ comment
>>
File: IMGP3930.jpg (942KB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3930.jpg
942KB, 3000x4000px
I got one a few weeks ago.
The 8.5mm/1.9 (01) lens is really good, as a point and shoot with a little bit of SLR-like IQ.
It's not very well suited to adding magnification to long focal lengths, as the IQ and ISO performance is ultimately not great. (image unsized and related, mostly blurry from atmospherics)
The 110 lenses I have (18mm 28mm 50mm) are ok, but relatively large with the adaptor, and a bit long-a-focallength for holding still, and various aberrations. But hipster effect is evident for those into that sort of thing, and the f.2.8 makes them useful I guess.
Putting an M42 to RMS microscope adaptor onto it is interesting, havent played with that much yet. Ideally it'll need a bracket or something to make it easier to hold still and at the right distance.
I think the only other lenses I would bother to use on the Q7 are the 01, which I have. The 02 becasue zoom and standard, and the 08 which I would own already if they werent nearly US$400.
Was tempted to buy an adapted f/1.0 pentax TV zoom lens off ebay, but fast lenses that are that fast aren't my visual thing any more.
Pretty much everything for this camera costs too much. It is a pretty cool little device though.
Probably best advice in retrospect would be buy the body and one lens. 01, 02, or 08. And just deal with it like that for a while and hope that lens prices drop later.
Ive had several dreams where i think i wish i had my camera and realise i had my q7, so evidently I have subconscious enthusiasm that its likely to be taken anywhere my SLR doesnt go.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX Q7
Camera Softwaredarktable 1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)4600 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2016:02:05 10:27:46
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length1000.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2760828
>Ive had several dreams where i think i wish i had my camera and realise i had my q7
This is how gearfags live.
This is how gearfags die.
>>
File: karl_pilkington.jpg (41KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
karl_pilkington.jpg
41KB, 300x270px
>>2760815
good that
>>
>>2760724
What's the purpose of getting a point and shoot with a sensor that's as big as a camera phone?

Not to mention take photos with the same quality as an iPhone.
>>
>>2760929
generally the Q7 sensor is bigger
has image stabilization
an actual strobe flash
interchangeable lenses
shoots raw
fairly capable in manual and other modes
option of manual focus
...y'klnow. The obvious things
>>
>>2760724
pentax a qt

My pocket camera is a Nikon J3, dirt cheap prices on ebay if that factors in for you
>>
>>2760929
interchangable lenses?
DSLR type functionality?
>>
I have the original Q as well and I'd like to give you my personal opinion of it.

The image quality is terrible. The small sensor has trouble producing a a meaningful level of detail that you would get in a dSLR. The colors are often flat with no range. Battery life is laughable.

Now for the good. It's very pocketable even with extra lenses. It has full dSLR controls as long as you are using a lens with a mechanical shutter. I know /p/ probably thinks this is lame, but the filters are great and super fun to use. Its a really cheap way to get into astro photography with the adapter.

All in all I like it alot, and even though about selling my K-5 and just use the Q until the FF is released. It gets taken with me way more than my larger camera just because of how easy it is to take with me. My favorite lens is the 06 followed by the 02 then the 03 and finally the 01.
>>
>>2760960
>interchangable lenses
The native lens selection is small and pretty underwhelming in terms of apertures and general IQ though.
>>
>>2763505
The q7 is marginally better.
I think it qualifies as the lowest standard I would accept in digital. But it's definitely very useable. I imagine the difference between the original q and q10 vs the q7 is just enough to make all the difference.
>>2763887
>underwhelming
oh shush. It's a point and shoot with bonuses.
What other minuscule camera has at least 8 lenses between 15mm and 200mm equiv. anyway?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_Q_series#Lenses
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.