[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pic unrelated I'm looking to buy some old soviet lense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

pic unrelated

I'm looking to buy some old soviet lenses for my Canon MKIII and I'd like to hear your thoughts on what would be best:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-MC-Helios-77M-4-USSR-lens-1-8-50-mm-M42-/191736868775?hash=item2ca4686fa7:g:ksgAAOSw4UtWRIgy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jupiter-9-M42-for-Practica-Nikon-Canon-/262243514571?hash=item3d0eee78cb:g:wNgAAOSwpRRWmkZ5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mir-1B-Black-37mm-f2-8-Good-cond-Flektogon-copy-for-SLR-cameras-M42-/141882169315?hash=item2108d617e3:g:f~cAAOSwqYBWn1W8

Is there any real difference outside of like the tiny bokeh differences you'll see in peoples comparison photos? Should I just go with the MM I like most? Where should I buy that M42 or w/e adapter?

Thanks for the tips guys. I'd probably use it for video on tripod or portrait photography
>>
ah
>>
File: img_1590[1].jpg (447KB, 1055x1500px) Image search: [Google]
img_1590[1].jpg
447KB, 1055x1500px
>>2749365
Janell is always related. Posting a proper pic.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3586
Image Height5100
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2013:01:16 22:59:06
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance1.09 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length47.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1055
Image Height1500
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Don't be the fool who buys a Mir 1B. Go for the 1 (also known as 1A). Preferably made in 1971-1974, black barrel, ZOMZ factory.
>>
>>2749620
Hmm Ill look for that! You like that over the jupiter and helios? Why?
>>
>>2749717

not him, but the MIR is wider. the helios and jupiter are short teles, great bokeh so portrait. mir would be more for street, some landscapes and such.
>>
>>2749725
Hmm might just get one of the MIR A if I can find it on ebay and decide between helios/jupiter

While I have this thread up, whats the adapter ill need for the Mk3 and also what kind of filter or w.e it is will give me oval bokeh? Like the fake anamorphic shit.

Having trouble finding compatability charts
>>
Why are you guys only talking about soviet optics? You DO realise there's a great deal more m42 lenses made in East Germany and Japan, right? And the only difference between them is higher quality control in both the german Zeiss and Japanese Asahi factories, compared to the staple jupiters and helioses. I'm not naming specific ones b/c there's literally at least a dozen primes for each classic focal length.
>>
>>2749764
Isnt it waaaay cheaper? I know us soviets just stole the shit exactly but made it with good ass metal for very cheap
>>
>>2749829
lol no. the 50mm helios is obscure and attained hipster common knowledge status so FFfags worldwide ramped up the prices, the 58mm helioses are dirt cheap because they came with Zenit SLRs but both the jupiters and non B1 (V1) mirs werent manufactured in large quantities and are sought-for, so again, inflated prices.

Jenna's Prakticas came with a fuckton of good 50mm primes, 28mms nearly alwaysoften cheaper than helios-44's, lots of virtually useless 135s and 200s, don't get me started on the Asahi takumars.

Unless you're physically in an ex eastern bloc country buying glass of your neighbour pensioneer or aunt, i.e. with local currency and scrap prices, ebay's prices are always set for the richest possible potential bidder, i.e. american hipsters with rich parents, so you'll be a bumbling retard to pay good money for dodgy shit hipster optics shipped overseas. Get a jap m42 from a thrift store and go use it instead of gearfagging. Almost every single "unique characteristic aspect" of a lens and how it renders contrast and stuff is readily adjustable with a slider in photoshop so unless you're enlarging prints yourself there is absolutely no practical reason to be picky about lens brands/models.
>>
>>2749848
Thanks man , good to know. I'm pretty clueless about camera stuff, just have the money to spend and im in a related field (VFX) so want to get into this more.

The only thing that is difficult in post is changing bokeh imo.

I'm now also getting really curious about getting oval bokeh and an anamorphic look, since you seem to know this kind of stuff what would you recommend for the Canon Mk3?? Im actually more concerned about oval bokeh than giant crazy flares, but both is fine. Flares are easy in post, bokeh not so much.

If anything I really just want to work towards that suicide squad look, really digging that
>>
>>2749894
I'm just a stingy film camera user, I've no clue about dedicated film lenses. I can this about anamorphic ones though:
Dedicated anamorphic lenses are prohibitively expensive. There are attachable anamorphic adaptors for normal lenses but for some reason people shit on those, you'd have to ask someone with experience. The real cheapo way of going about the issue is findng an anamorphic projection lens from one of the million shutdown old/small cinemas (movie theaters?) and cludging a mount to attach it to your body.,Drawbacks? fixed long focal (around 135-200mm) and no aperture. So permanent, shallow DOF bokeh and all the focusing issues that come with that. They're usually fast, too, no more than f/4, usually 2, 2.8

You really need a reply from someone who knows more on the subject.
>>
>>2749913
Okay ill wait around for someone then, I did see a post about doing a DIY projector thing.

http://imgur.com/gallery/iTVv6

Its a pretty cool way to go for sure
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.