[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 500-986050-847__1.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500-986050-847__1.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
I have canon t5 rebel.
honestly i dont know much about photography. So ANY suggestions would be great.
>>
Point the round end at something, push the only butan that's on it. then fuck straight off
>>
>>2747049
read sticky which has a bunch of links in the wiki, delete thread
>>
look up any photographers that tickle your pickle then try to copy them post pics then get made fun of for not being good rinse and repeat until
you get good
>>
Lurk the photo threads on this board,

decide what you like, what you dont like, determine if you have good taste or not,
ask what you need to do to achieve a "look" in your photos.

Shoot RAW, learning to process (edit) photos is a REQUIREMENT and just as important as the phototaking itself. Download lightroom.

Dont get too investing in crop Canon shit because there is better stuff out there. Im personally a Fujifilm conoseur and plan to be for the long-run
>>
>>2747605

Not op, but my raw shots look like ass. Is it just cause of the detail?
>>
>>2747682
fret not. RAW shots are supposed to be ass and flat right out of the camera. It's up to you to make them bloom in the editing program of your choice. Most prefer lightroom. Go to your curves and raise the highlights and lower the shadows and see just how much a difference that makes alone. Continue from there.

RAW files are huge because they contain a shitload of information for you to manipulate. If you notice, JPEGs turn to shit really fast when you try to edit them. Always shoot RAW
>>
>>2747049
On laptop so I can't post any of my own pics to add any credibility but keeping the camera locked at M then just messing with the settings for a few weeks helped me a ton
I now tend to shoot only in manual, its only three numbers anyway- my beginners cheat sheet would be:
ISO: Take a few shots, keep upping it until you see noise in your images; then stay below that setting. Its the gain of your image sensor

Aperture: This is mostly used to adjust the depth of field in your shots (amount of image in focus), with a smaller aperture giving a shallow depth of field. Its denoted by F on your screen. It determines the size of the lens opening, if you go to video mode and manual then adjust the aperture you can see it increase and decrease in size in real time. Arguably has the most obvious impact on a photo (all other things held constant).

Shutterspeed: Usually adjust this to match the other two values, leaving the sensor open longer = brighter shot. Big F numbers and ISO's mean you've gotta keep the lens going for a couple seconds or more. This is also used in night shots where you leave the lens open for a while to get a starry background.

Shoot in RAW and you can adjust whitebalance later, its pretty handy.

Ignore the exposure meter for a bit so you get a better 'feel' for the camera, it helps you make better judgements when it comes to shots- especially critical ones that don't stay still.

Before anybody gets up my ass this is just a basic babbies intro guide

Love, auntie Kng xoxoxox
>>
>>2749351
shoot aperture priority instead

manual is a honeypot
>>
>>2747605
>conoseur
>>
>>2747605
>learning to fake things digitally is as important as shooting
shaking my head
>>
>>2750337
Shake it all you want. It's a fact.
>>
File: IMG_3214.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3214.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
I have a Canon Rebel T5i. They're fairly similar. My first tip is shoot in manual. Aperture controls the depth of field, but also the brightness, so most of the time, keep the aperture as wide open as possible. For ISO, keep it low, don't go above around 1600 in lowlight. ISO controls the camera sensor's sensitivity to light. Shutterspeed changes the exposure time, obviously....

Sorry if you mentioned it earlier, but what are your lenses?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Camera SoftwarePhotos 1.3
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.6
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72
Vertical Resolution72
Image Created2015:12:04 19:44:19
Exposure Time15 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length28.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Forgot to mention, shoot in RAW. It's better for post production of your images. You'll get larger files but editing will be more useful and efficient.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.