[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I inherited one of these from my father. Wat do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tachihara_4495[1].jpg (39KB, 450x332px) Image search: [Google]
tachihara_4495[1].jpg
39KB, 450x332px
I inherited one of these from my father. Wat do?
>>
Shoot half a 10-sheet box, realize how expensive and difficult it is to shoot large format, be disappointed with the results, leave the thing on your bookshelf for all perpetuity while constantly bragging on /p/ about being LF master race.

did you get a tripod or light meter with it?
>>
I do have a tripod, but its a flimsy aluminum one. should still work though. I think there's a light meter laying around somewhere but idk how to use it
>>
>>2699150
as a 4x5 owner I can say that this is 98% true of what happens with 4x5 owners.

I shoot maybe 20 shots a year and (that's 1-2 studio sittings) and most of my friends consider me an active LF shooter.
>>
If I shoot with a graflex can I still be considered a LF shooter?
>>
>>2699197
That depends on the format for your graflex silly.
>>
>>2699197
Of course.
Movements are just parlour tricks.
If you need to resort to gimmicks like keeping a bunch of flowers on the same plane of focus as a mountain range to make the shot work, then you probably shouldn't waste the sheet.
>>
File: IMG-20151018-WA0014.jpg (365KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151018-WA0014.jpg
365KB, 1200x1600px
Learn to shoot and make wet plate collodion. You'll get sucked up in the process.

Matter of fact today I'll be shooting some wet plates, I'll be sharing some stuff.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height1600
>>
>>2699240
>movements are gimmicks
You're what's wrong with both the English language and photography. I honestly hope you get some form of untreatable cancer.
>>
>>2699240
>Movements are just parlour tricks.

dude im well aware that im browsing Troll Inc, the house of trolling, and that lots of stupidity is to be expected

but could you tone it down just a little?
>>
>>2699240

>movements
>gimmicks

See me after class.
>>
>>2699608
>>2699431
>>2699414
http://www.laurenceparent.com/
I've got a whole book by this Web 1.0, Rockwell-tier, firstnamelastname hack.
Every fucking photo is
>find bunch of flowers/body of water
>position said obstacle in between super angulon+velvia and convenient mountain range
>apply TIIIILLLLTTTT
>wait for sunset
????
>PROFIT
>>
>>2699645
Your point?

I bet you can also find books full of images with subjects in focus.

Idiotic reductivism would have everyone shooting nothing more than pin hole cameras.
>>
>>2699413
That looks hard.
>>
File: IMG-20151018-WA0007.jpg (417KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151018-WA0007.jpg
417KB, 1200x1600px
>>2699957
It kinda is but just at first... eventually, as you keep on doing it. It gets easy.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height1600
>>
>>2699150
>while constantly bragging on /p/ about being LF master race.

shots fired at Sugar?
>>
>>2699149
give it to me
>>
>>2699149
Cashconverters
>>
>>2699645
every digital photo is
>find a qt grill/homeless man
>position said obstacle between rabal sensor+rabal kit lens and convenient brick wall
>apply BORKEEEH
>wait for flirty/just-leave-me-alone look
????
>PROFIT
>>
What's the practical application of bellows on a digital camera?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.