[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New /p/fag here Last night I came here for the very first time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tadpole hd.jpg (223KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
tadpole hd.jpg
223KB, 1366x768px
New /p/fag here

Last night I came here for the very first time. I've never been interested in photgraphy, mainly due to the fact that I cannot grasp the intrinsicies that make it a fine art.

Whole here, I looked into various threads, trying to understand, more or less, what makes a good photograph. Obviously this is a broad and general question, but I was hoping, at least, for a satisfactory answer.

All I could see was other anons destroying other people's work. Fair enough; this art is subjective.

Since nobody can agree to like pretty much anything an anon posts here, could somebody post pictures which are generally (kek) accepted to be 'good' pictures?

Pic related?
>>
>>2681507
My best advice is to read books instead of asking this board for advice.
I'd post some widely liked pictures, but one doesn't have to be a genius to know that someone will disagree.
>>
>>2681516

Everything is going to be interpreted as subjective, either possitively or negatively.

Based on my experience with other boards, certain people, music, authors are generally, meses aside, considered as /an/ aproved; /pol/ aproved, etc.

I guess I should have formulated my question as such: what are some /p/ approved pics?
>>
>>2681517
anything uncle terry shot
>>
>>2681517
idk
>>
>>2681517
There is no real collective of /p/ approved shots. Not even the classics and widely acclaimed pictures are safe here.

/p/ always had a hard time convening emotion though pictures, to create feelings and set a mood. Most pictures that get posted here and snapshots. Some of them are great and pleasant to look at, but in the end it's just another architecture or street thread.
It's hard to find someone on here who's work is categorize as art, something that truly moves me when I see it. That's what makes a good picture for me. It doesn't has to be technically perfect, it doesn't has to be deeply meaningful and it can be shot on a potato, as long as I feel something when I look at it.

There is a tripfag from South America that I'd consider the best photographer on /p/, he is one of the few that actually manage to get a journalistic report done, a set that works perfectly. Again, this is very uncommon on here, /p/ is more: look what I found on the street today. That's why there is so much hate, the pictures that citizised that much because they suck for the most part.

>/p/
>gearfaggin and snapshots
And I love it
>>
>>2681517
>what are some /p/ approved pics?
Good question, none.

Photography is progress and effort.
Experts see respected and violated rules, their experience and taste contributes to an interesting discussion which is trying to figure out how other people think about the same.

Imagine the said situation on this board, and I do not exclude myself: I'm the better player, your opinion is shit! And regardless of how little time I am dealing with photography!
>>
>>2681536
tl;dr
Everyone is obsessed with its own rules, so there is no concensus about good pictures.
>>
>>2681507
The single most important thing is whether YOU like it. Unlike mathematics art has no definable rules or predictable outcomes and it is not based on facts.

It's also worth remembering that making art is only one way of employing a camera
>>
>>2682525
>whether YOU like it
But don't forget to educate yourself and explore, otherwise the things "YOU like" will be only what you are conditioned to like. Learning why the classic examples of some art are considered great is really important to forming a sense of taste.
>>
>>2681534
put your trip on cruz
>>
>>2682528
>Learning why the classic examples of some art are considered great is really important to forming a sense of taste.

Correct. But remember you don't have to agree with it just because people in books and museums think it is great. That is just another form of conditioning.

f you happen to think that the Mona Lisa looks like a smug little trollop who deserves a custard pie in the face that is your opinion and would be equally valid to you because it would be an opinion that YOU formed based on observation AND taking into account the thoughts of other commentators.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.