[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on eating shellfish in the wild? I personally do it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: mussels.jpg (23KB, 420x215px) Image search: [Google]
mussels.jpg
23KB, 420x215px
Thoughts on eating shellfish in the wild? I personally do it all the time. Mussels, oyster, you name it.
>>
File: IMG_7163.jpg (224KB, 1196x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7163.jpg
224KB, 1196x660px
i don't live near the coast but i trek out there every spring to get my years supply of clams
>2 more weeks!
>>
I cook up crawfish all the time, they're easy to find around camp streams and such.
>>
>>22043
I do it a lot. you can touch a piece of the meat to your lip and wait for 10 minutes if your wondering if its safe.
>>
>>22046
what happens if it's unsafe?
>>
>>22047
Not him, but probably irritation, swelling, soreness, etc. (Probably) nothing that will kill you, but better to have the irritation take place near the outside of the body from mere contact with the item than it is to have that shit inside your body and your stomach trying to absorb it.

Google the universal edibility test.
>>
>>22047
Your fucking guts turn inside out man!
>>
File: bleech.jpg (17KB, 207x211px) Image search: [Google]
bleech.jpg
17KB, 207x211px
>>22043
>eating filter feeders
>>
>>22050
>missing out on delicious food because of autism
>>
I always thought it was strange that people on survival shows don't take advantage of them more often. They're usually quite abundant on most shores.
>>
>>22052
it's cause there's no way to know if there was a harmful algal bloom in the area. red tide is the one everyone knows about, but there are a bunch that don't change water color at all. they can do anything from give you the shits to make you piss yourself until you die of dehydration, or go crazy and then be progressively paralyzed until your heart stops.

if you know the area and can watch the wildlife feeding, you're ok.
>>
File: you.jpg (16KB, 325x488px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
16KB, 325x488px
>>22047
it will feel numb ad tingle after 10 minutes.

>>22050
>being afraid of gods gift
>>
>>22053
Do you not cook them?
>>
>>22055
Doesn't matter you will still get sick
>>
>>22053
man this is rubbish here in Spain you can easily pick a bucket of these and boil them with no problem
>>
>>22054
>heavy metals
>algal toxins
>xenoestrogens
Your tongue must be a mass spectrometer to detect all that stuff
https://www.google.com/search?q=bioaccumulation+in+bivalves
>>
I might be a retard but sometimes I just open one of those clam things open at the ocean and eat it raw. Sushi muthafucka!
>>
idk, now a fish our crab. but even if I did like them, I've heard bad things.
>>
>>22043
Don't eat the ones that are exposed to air during low tide.

Beyond that, I recommend cooking them to avoid parasites. Boiling with bay leaves and spices should be sufficient.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.