[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mountaineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: francios.jpg (104KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
francios.jpg
104KB, 1000x1000px
I've never climbed a mountain in my life. Is it possible for me as a student to get so experienced within a couple of months to eventually climb the Mont Blanc this August?
>>
>>21899
Should be pretty ok to step over a pen
>>
File: everest.jpg (211KB, 1320x574px) Image search: [Google]
everest.jpg
211KB, 1320x574px
>>21900
I was referring to the French mountain of course, the highest peak in Europe
>>
>>21899
Unlikely and expensive. Mountaineering a rich guys sport. You could probably chuck a bunch of money at it and get taken up on a package holiday trekking dealy.
>>
>>21901
Mont Blanc
>4,808[1] m (15,774 ft)
Elbrus
>Elevation 5,642 m (18,510 ft)

>the highest peak in europe
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>21903
>russia
>europe

what
>>
>>21899
Looks easy
https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=5784
>>
>>21904
>what is a continent
>>
>>21904
Russia is part of Europe nigga.
It's also part of Asia.
Elbrus is on the European side
>>
I have a goal of bagging Rainier, with Hood and Adams as training mountains. But, even thats going to be expensive, and even harder is finding people to do this stuff with. I have a coworker whos done Rainier but he only works here part time and is almost impossible to pin down for a simple day hike much less this.

I will likely join the nearby mountaineering club and see what I can accomplish from there.
>>
>>21899
>Is it possible for me as a student to get so experienced within a couple of months to eventually climb the Mont Blanc this August?
if you hire a guide, yes.
if you have a friend with the appropriate experience who will put in the time and go with you, and you can afford to buy or rent all the gear, yes.
if you're trying to learn it on your own from scratch, no (unless you are very talented or very lucky).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.