[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing People in the National Forests/Parks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: creepy.jpg (202KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
creepy.jpg
202KB, 800x531px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjDy2srebK8

What are your thoughts on this?

Here's the channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/canammissingproject/videos

It's really fucking weird, and there's absolutely no explanation how these people are going missing.

The researcher and author is David Paulides
Here's a talk of his
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_KWeUkPzIQ

How do you guys think these people are going missing? Especially in these weird circumstances.
>>
File: fuckingrepeat.jpg (43KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingrepeat.jpg
43KB, 460x500px
>>>/x/
>>
>>998782
It's not a conspiracy, or paranormal. There's a shit load of evidence, and information available. Maybe you should watch the videos before jumping to conclusions.
>>
That was a good watch, thanks op.
I bet most of them were just swallowed up by the earth. Ever seen the movie 127 hours? A mate of mine fell into a disused well almost 40 years ago and wasn't found for 3 days. Gotta be a nasty way to go. Initially knocked unconscious so unable to ask for help, then in your invisibility, left to dehydrate to death. Nice.
>>
>>998788
>diving into unfounded theories of why these people disappeared

Doesn't belong here
>>
>>998910
The theories don't have to be paranormal, or anything. It absolutely does belong here.
We're talking about disappearances while going /out/, and what things it could possibly be.
>>
>>998778
>inb4 someone brings up fucking stairs
>>
>>998903
No problem man, started doing research on this a week or so ago and found it interesting.

>I bet most of them were just swallowed up by the earth.
It really could, but that can explain most of them.
Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlGc4slOMo
>Ever seen the movie 127 hours?
No but I should. Is it about a similar subject?
>A mate of mine fell into a disused well almost 40 years ago and wasn't found for 3 days. Gotta be a nasty way to go. Initially knocked unconscious so unable to ask for help, then in your invisibility, left to dehydrate to death. Nice.
Jeez that doesn't sound fun. Luckily he was found, his death was certain in the well.

>>998912
There are stairs out in the woods, but it's mostly remnants of old homes. It can be creepy but it's not the reason why.
>>
>>998916
>can
Shoot, I meant ''can't''.
>>
>>998916
You need to stream 127 hours, dude.
>>
>>998922
Oh and it's a true story btw.
>>
>>998922
>>998923
>127 hours
Oh after searching it up I know which movie it is, I've heard of his story before. Going to see if I can find a torrent. I saw a documentary, from what I remember he had to break his arm and cut it off.

Another one that I want to see is Everest, and one where people are trapped in an underwater cave, but I can't remember the name.
>>
File: all fields.jpg (45KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
all fields.jpg
45KB, 700x466px
>>998778
>The researcher and author is David Paulides
>David Paulides is a cryptozoologist, investigator and writer known primarily for his work, including two self-published books, dedicated to proving the reality of the cryptid known as Bigfoot
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>
>>998778
They ran into Cartel weed growing operations.
>>
>>998986
Doubt it. They aren't going to kill a child.
>>
Spending most of my time /out/ and working in the /out/doors I will say that's it's either wildlife predation (Bigfoot doesn't exist), human stupidity, or just plain bad luck.

The reason for the lack of reporting is that the NPS and other agencies don't want the bad press because they rely on public support. These outdoor places are fucking dangerous. It's not like a city park with a nice path and and a swingset where you go to sit on a bench and feed pigeons. These places are remote and rugged and bad shit happens if you don't appreciate where you are and you walk through them without any awareness.
>>
>>998916
About halfway through and I already know what happened to the guy.

Altitude sickness, hypothermia, and a skiing accident. He was probably woozy from the altitude, it can happen to anyone, wanted to do some skiing/boarding, hurt himself, and then succumbed to the elements after being in a daze from his head trauma.
>>
>>999223
There was no way that he could do the journey though. Did you see what he would have had to do?
>>
>>998903
Just to be clear, he was found dead?
>>
>>999231
Here's a map. It looks doable, especially if he was in as good of shape as they kept saying he was. If he got disoriented and kept going I could see how he could wander that far and possibly slip on some ice and fall. He could of also just been dicking around.

Either way I still don't see how "spoopy" it's supposed to be.
>>
>>999237
Nah he survived on well water.
>>
>>1000000
>>
>>999293
Too soon faggot
>>
lost
injury
preexisting conditions
animals
humans

All of these things can account for the disappearances
>>
>>999293
it's a slow board m80. it'll take bloody days.
>>
>>999281
There was very heavy snow that day.
>>
>>999450
He also had skins on his board. He wasn't postholing
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-52-41.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-23-12-52-41.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
Does anyone have a link to watch the actual documentary. I need some spooky entertainment to get me hyped up for my backpacking/fishing trip next week.
>>
>>999529
It hasn't come out yet, it'll be out on May 15th I believe. Also just watch the short series on his channel.
>>
>>1000693
Awesome! Thanks anon.
I saw those shorts, but my wireless mouse is broken, so having to stop packing and change the video every 8 mins is gonna suck. Can't let YT autoplay, it goes off the rez. I'll just wait for the full movie, I don't think it's spooky, just interesting.
>>
>>1000726
Yea, it definitely is interesting. He also has a bunch of books that you can read, they're good.
>>
I camp in national forests all the time and the thing i am most frightened of are the hobos.

Never ever feed a hobo because they will associate you with food.
>>
>>998778

Drowned, washed away.
Bears.
Swamp.
Mentally ill, wandered.

Pretty simple.
>>
>>1000742
Sure.
>>
>>1000743

http://people.com/celebrity/hiker-missing-for-three-weeks-is-found-dead-in-yosemite-national-park/

Bears, falling trees, falling rocks, lightening, swollen rivers... a fucking plague apparently.
>>
File: a65.jpg (275KB, 430x645px) Image search: [Google]
a65.jpg
275KB, 430x645px
>>998778
Walk off trail, get lost in woods, freak out, get more lost in woods, sit there until food runs out, die. That's how people get lost in the woods. Believe it or not, the soil and everything else living in the forest do a pretty good job at decomposing.
>>
I've ready one of the books and watched a bunch of his talks. I think there's a number of reasons but one main one may be human predators. Me and my friends have ran into some very strange creepy people in the Canadian bush that I wouldn't have wanted to run into solo.
>>
>>1000956
This, tbqhfamily. I've run into some cool ass cucumbers /out/ there in Appalachia. If I wasn't a sneaky fuck, at least one of em probably would have murdered me. Look at all those native girls that have been kidnapped and murdered in Canada. Some sick fucks out there. Not saying every one of the 411 were murdered, but a good few were probably, specially the women and children.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.