[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went hiking yesterday and found this critter attached to me neck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0877.png (782KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0877.png
782KB, 640x1136px
Is it a tick? I went to a motel too so I'm not sure if it's a bed bug or tick
>>
File: IMG_0876.jpg (605KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0876.jpg
605KB, 3264x2448px
>>998758
>>
definite tick. kill that motherfucker.
>>
>>998761
Thanks for the identification. Just sprayed the bitch will some Windex
>>
>>998759
I'm surprised how many /out/ists don't know what a tick looks like. I pull 100s off me every year. Usually dont even kill them because there is so mny
>>
>>998768
I don't post here, just thought this would be the best place to post it.
>>
>>998759
Do you always wear candy wrappers to bed?
>>
>>998806
I hate when that shit happens. Wake up in the middle of the night, grab a couple fun-sized Butterfingers to snack on in bed, fall back asleep, and wake up with a wrapper stuck to your ass.
>>
>>998768
I just wear pants. Rarely get ticks. Always important to check, though.
>>
>>998758
As others have said its a tick. If you get a weird circular rash on your neck where you found it, see a doctor and tell them you got bit.
>>
>>998826
Happens to me with beer caps. Sometimes I won't notice them until after I'm already dressed, they're stuck that deep in my ass flesh.
>>
Backwoods Tennessee reporting in, thats definately a tick... Kill it with fire!!
>>
>>1000531
Can confirm as well, burn that bitch with all the fire
>>
For anybody in New England, ticks are supposed to be terrible this year
>>
>>1000620
I just got back from a weekender in Idaho, and that's the most ticks I've seen in this region in a while.
>>
if it latched on to you and was feeding watch for generic cold/fever symptoms in the next couple of weeks.
the things tend to carry disease
>>
>>1000620
I saw a lot of deer ticks (a fucking LOT) early this year, but only dog ticks recently. I'm wondering if the late cold snaps killed off a lot of deer ticks that had already hatched.
>>
>>998768
Kill those bitches
I remember one time I found a tick on me during English class in high school.
Then I figured out how much of a gigantic pussy most Californians are
God Damn.
>>
Wisconsin here, ticks are really fuckin bad as well
>>
NJ and NY, ticks are fucking insane this year. Average 3 per 6 hours out.
>>
>>998758
F
>>
>>998763
That will not kill it.
>>
>>998768
I've thankfully only had to shake them off. Even if it's 100 something degrees I'm wearing my long sleeves and pants with pants tucked in boots. Fuck these fuckers.
>>
>>998768
This

How do people even get lyme disease

I've had to have had 5,000 ticks in my years
>>
>>1001631
Much cracka.
>>
>>1001631
you live in cali?
>>
>>998758
https://www.cdc.gov/ticks/geographic_distribution.html
>>
>>1001906
>https://www.cdc.gov/ticks/geographic_distribution.html
FUCK
U
C
K

AMERICA.

I cannot deal with the terror of hiking knowing that at any moment you're gonna contract a life altering disease. FUCK YOUR ENTIRE COUNTRY.

England is nice and safe - literally nothing here can or will ever hurt you. It's really comfy.
>>
File: anti tick condom.jpg (32KB, 363x251px) Image search: [Google]
anti tick condom.jpg
32KB, 363x251px
>>1001949
Plus, only some ticks have Lyme while ALL ticks will gladly nest up your dickhole if you aren't wearing an anti-tick condom.
>>
>>1000620
How's the Midwest supposed to be?
>>
File: flamethrower-640x533.jpg (92KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
flamethrower-640x533.jpg
92KB, 640x533px
>>1000620
As much as I love New England deep in my soul, I'm glad I moved the fuck outta there. Apparently not only are durr ticks and dog ticks a big problem, but as of 2016 Lone Star ticks are infesting New England as well. It's all over, everybody just get the hell out.
>>
>>1001897
Kentucky.
>>
>>1001960
BAD

This is just another side sign that we are actually having warmer winters.

The tick population is going to boom in the next 5 to 10 years.
>>
>>1001571
It will if you light the Windex on fire :)
Or is Windex not flammable? Never mind.
>>
>>1001949
>>1001962
New Englander here. Yeah, ticks are a lot worse than when I was a kid, but it's something that we'll either learn to live with, or we won't.

I remember finding 1 or 2 dog ticks per summer just about 20 years ago, and now I find between 10 and 50 per week, not including the ones on my dog. Early this year, after an afternoon of trail hiking and some bushwhacking, I got 25 off of me and 40 off of my dog in a single day. My mother has chronic Lyme now, and my cousin and a few of my friends have had Lyme more than once each.

But I've never had Lyme, and neither has my dog. If you're careful and you check yourself at the end of each day, you can avoid it. It's just that the tick population in the area has increased so quickly that people haven't learned how to deal with them quickly enough. And treatment medicine is improving too.

I'm scared of the funky bacterial infections that the Lone Star tick is associated with, but I haven't seen any of them around here yet. Regardless, I'm not going anywhere.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.