[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a boat thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 2017-04-20 22.16.31.jpg (5MB, 3184x1570px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-20 22.16.31.jpg
5MB, 3184x1570px
Can we have a boat thread?
>>
>>997612
I have always wanted a boat and am considering buying one for the first time tomorrow. It's a 25' with cabin for about $6K. I would obviously have it surveyed before purchasing. It'll cost me an additional $2K for dockage and storage each year. Any other thoughts or advice?
>>
File: 0711-BRBY-AK-2159.jpg (181KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
0711-BRBY-AK-2159.jpg
181KB, 1024x681px
>>997612
You mean boatlet thread?
>>
>>997617
How close to the ocean do you live? I honestly can't see the maintenance of an offshore boat being anywhere close to worth the costs unless you will be using it twice or more every month. A good charter outfit will put you on some great fish for about $600/day/person.
>>
File: 20170207_085151.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_085151.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>997632
Plz no bully
>>
>>997617
How often will you take it out?

Now, divide that number by four. That will be how often you actually take it out.

What are the two happiest days in the life of a boat owner?
>>
File: IMG_3491.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3491.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
Boasting poat
>>
>>997633
I live on Lake Eerie
>>997643
I live on the lake so a few times a month. Also, the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I know. That said, I've always wanted a boat and love the water.
>>
>>997633
Also it's not for fishing, more for family recreation, tubing, swimming, and cruising the islands.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478033678033.jpg (72KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478033678033.jpg
72KB, 960x643px
Boat
>>
File: heep and boat.jpg (470KB, 2240x1000px) Image search: [Google]
heep and boat.jpg
470KB, 2240x1000px
>>997612
k
>>
>>997668
I would suggest a smaller boat with an outboard that can be put in and out relatively easily.
>>
File: DSCF0501.jpg (625KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0501.jpg
625KB, 2048x1536px
Muh boat. Bought it at a garage sale, spent a winter replacing the entire interior. It's not too big, not too small. Cheap to run and gets me up and down the river I live on almost every weekend.

I've found that the ladies don't really notice that it isn't bright and shiny or hugely overpowered...
>>
>>998388
Why not just leave it docked and then store it on land for the winter?
>>
>>998478
That looks super cozy
>>
>>998478
Mad jelly

>t. boatless wildernessless britbong
>>
File: IMG_3643.jpg (140KB, 640x896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3643.jpg
140KB, 640x896px
>>997633
Termi pls go

>>>/o/

>>997612
Fuck I want to tho. I think I better do a kayak first. The jet skis were such a waste of money but that was also in Chicago where you only have a couple months a year to use them. I need to get a nice fishin 'yak and if the thing actually gets used more than twice a year, I could start thinking about a real boat.
>>
>>998630
Maybe you're pretty well off financially, but paying $2k/yr just to dock your boat seems fucking retarded to me.

>>998975
What type of waters do you plan on fishing? A small Jon boat is minimal investment and easily sold, but they're kind of sketchy in large lakes with waves.

I paid $600 for mine as it sits. The only thing I've done is buy a new plug and a couple of anchors.
>>
>>998935
It gets the job done. I spent way too much time reading about repairing boats before I actually did it. I ended up buying all the materials at Home Depot. No silly marine grade anything. No problems at all so far...
>>
>>999188
Because marine grade ply is "silly"
>>
Boat- a hole in the water that you pour money into.
Get a canoe or kayak!
>>
>>997643
Lol.
>>
>>998988
Hell, it would be nice to be a millionaire and have a big ass fishing yacht that I could take across the ocean (which is a couple blocks from my house).

I thought about a small johnboat but then you still get stuck with all of the insurance and registration fees plus mechanical stuff. I think I just want to go for a decent fishing kayak soon. Something that I can discretely launch into some of these small lakes that are hard to fish from shore, but sturdy enough that I could take it in the Intercoastal and not get capsized by the wake from other boats.
>>
Nice bote op
>>
>>998988
Yeah, I make good money. Even still, my parents have a dock on the water so long-term I can use that.
>>
>>999192
For my boat, yes. It lives in a nice dry garage, and i I take it out on a river or lake for a couple hours each weekend. Exterior plywood coated in deck water seal has held up for years. Same for the stainless screws, varnish, and polyurethane adhesive.

Now, if I was out on the ocean soaking everything in salt water all the time, or it the boat stayed outside... Then yeah, marine grade would be a lot less silly.
>>
Redpill me on inflatable boats.
I ordered myself a cheapo inflatable boat for my /out/ing next month, just so I could give rowing a shot in some nice shallow lake water, and get my feet wet (pun intended) see if a proper row boat is something I might want to invest in in the future.

I've watched instructional videos on rowing technique. I've used rowing exercise machines. So I'm confident I won't get too badly rekt there.

But what I can't seem to find is instructional videos on launching such a boat. (except where people use a boat launch because it's all decked out in rigid floors and trolling motors).

Mine will be pretty virgin and thus light enough to carry. So how do I launch it and then embark without looking like a loser? I imagine I'd look silly using the big boy boat ramp. And I'm not a great swimmer, so I'd also look silly struggling to climb out of the water into it.

Do I just step into it in super shallow water and then push off with an oar?
>>
Man... all i want is a junk pontoon boat to build a redkneck party barge.

Mfw ratted out pos with bo motor is always $2k
>>
>>1001577
It's like Volkswagen Vanagon's. 5 digits for a POS that belongs in a junkyard because of Hipsters driving the market up. So they can show all their friends how cool their camper van is.
>>
>>997612
Boat. Bust out another thousand.
>>
>>1001580
Exactly.
get a raft
RELAX AND FEEL TRANQUIL
>>
>>1001583
I own a coracle.. Its like a personal raft. Lmao
>>
>>1001573
Throw it in the water. Climb in. You're over thinking things...
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.