[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there really not a single piece of land that isn't claimed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

Is there really not a single piece of land that isn't claimed by some country or person? Not even an uninhabited island in international waters? That's pretty depressing, if true. That would mean there really is no escape.
>>
>>996890
Claimed yes, inhabited not so much.
>>
Welcome to reality
How do you like being an adult now?
>>
>>996896
It's always been fucking gay but it just always seems to get gayer. It just sucks so much to live in an era where the entire planet is under the control of one person or another.
>>
The moon
>>
>>996903
No, burgers already got there.
>>
>>996890
There was that place on the border of Croatia and Serbia that's disputed territory so a bunch of people moved in and claimed it for themselves.
>>
File: libertas.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
libertas.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
>>996987
Liberland
>>
>>996997
Sounds like what would happen if 4chan made a country but less autistic.
>>
Antartica

No, there's one or two out there, I remember hearing something about it but didn't have any interest in it. I guess you could google some shit and try to find out more. I feel like if there are, though, it won't likely get reported on, because other people want that shit even if they can't have it, they're not going to go advertising it.

I don't think you could just go there though, I mean, you probably could but someone might send a small militia out eventually to claim it. I guess your best bet would be to do like that one dude did and build a small island out of plastic bottles and float out to international waters to live.
>>
>>996890
Just live under the sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIYyhIfH6Qo
>>
>>996890
Bir Tawil

Egypt and Sudan both insist it belongs to the other because if either says it's theirs they lose their claim to the Hala'ib Triangle, which is more valuable, and much larger too.

Western Sahara kinda

After that you're looking at seasteading (floating cities), or the moon.
>>
>>996890
I think China claims the entire world, but simply can't enforce that.

>>996987
There are a ton of places like that. It is typical boarder crap.
>>
>>997009
>if 4chan made a country

Why do you people even come up with this? This shit has been posted about in over 1000 threads complete with maps and everything.
>>
>>996913
No shit, euros can suck it!

And not only that, I can't wait to run my monster truck on Mars to go buy a $6 Starbucks coffee!

>America, FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>996913
Yeah, but it's unclaimed. Or rather it can't be claimed. The moon is Terra Nullius by international treaty.

There's also still a large chunk of unclaimed territory in Western Antarctica called Marie Byrd Land.
>>
>>997201
>international treaty.

That is only for those nations who signed the treaty. Any nation not on that treaty can do whatever they want, if they can backup their claims and hold their ground. I also doubt China will honor the treaty once they get a foothold in space.
>>
>>997212
Well if they do that, then you can say the moon has been claimed.

But right now nobody owns the moon.
>>
>>997223
I own the moon
>>
File: BsY0jBvIAAAhECy-1.jpg (26KB, 210x153px) Image search: [Google]
BsY0jBvIAAAhECy-1.jpg
26KB, 210x153px
>>997304
No. I do.
>>
Well, whatever. I'll just make a floating habitat and live there.
>>
>>997734
Buy an old oil rig.
>>
>>997223
Larkin Decision when?
>>
>>997739
Is there a list of known abandoned oil rigs? Would be very much in my interests.
>>
>>997764
Fuck if I know, use Google.
>>
File: IMG_1315.jpg (57KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1315.jpg
57KB, 711x669px
>>997037
>I guess your best bet would be to do like that one dude did and build a small island out of plastic bottles and float out to international waters to live.

Did he die though?
>>
>>996895
pretty much this.

there are islands all over the world that you could set up on and never be challenged on (or even seen).

its much easier to lay claim to land than actually control it.

shit people live in the mainland of the united states that never see another person unless they actively chose to.
>>
>>997087
Can confirm.
Not too sure why anyone would want to live near Sudan like, but its yours if you want it.
>>
>>997764
None of them get abandoned anymore, because once people started living on them they became valuable. Now they're all sold in auctions and tend to fetch a $1M+ price.
>>
>>997996
He never actually floated it off to sea, he lives in a bay, not in international waters.
>>
>tfw born too late to explore the world
>even if I was born then I would probably be a poor serf
>>
>>997135
I'm going to make another 4chan country thread just to spite you faggot.
>>
>>997037
antarctica is gonna have states for different countries pretty soon, they got scientific facilities all over the place
>>
>>1001043
you guys would make a great country, calling each other fags
>>
There are plenty of shitty small abandoned or unoccupied islands nobody cares about. Nobody lives there because the cost of shipping supplies makes it inviable unless you're a richfag
>>
>>1000770
Why not just get or build a houseboat at that point?
>>
>>996890
In Romania are a lot of abandoned villages and areas.
>>
>>1001369
Can people not grow food indigenous to the climate of some of the ones in more mild areas?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.