[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snugpak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: opplanet-snugpak-logo-2014.jpg (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
opplanet-snugpak-logo-2014.jpg
3KB, 200x200px
Are they any good? They seem to have quality stuff at a good price. I'm looking at getting the Ionosphere tent and Softie 3 (Merlin) for a bike tour.
>>
I too am wondering the same, I'm looking into the Skorpion 3 or the Bunker. If any anons own either of these l would appreciated input.
>>
I feel like they are a pretty low-key brand. I'll have to check them out.
>>
>>996104
>>996097
>>996149

Shill?
>>
>>996097
I have their Osprey sleeping bag. Kept me warm during -15C (5F) nights. They're more compact and lighter than milsurp, but if you have the cash you're better of investing in a proper down bag.
>>
I have a Snugpakâ„¢ underquilt and it's the bee's tits.
>>
>>996097
I've used Mountain Hardwear for many years. Quality stuff and in the medium price band. Where are you going?
>>
I use their tactical 2 sleeping bag a lot. Good price, packs down nicely. It's pretty heavy but at the price I can't complain.
>>
>>996097

Brit Military here. Lots of blokes have snugpak kit in the Brit forces. In fact their 'softy jackets' inspired part the warm kit you get issued these days, as so many guys had them.

I have a sleeka elite jacket and Hawk sleeping bag/merlin sleeping bag. Hardwearing, very warm and they stuff down very small too.

Reccomended for warm kit, definitely.
>>
>>996179
Im going north starting in Utah, up through Idaho, Montana, then Canada.
>>
>>996243
Brit military here also...Army. You mean to say you bought your own sleeping bag? The issue sleeping bag is literally the best piece of issue kit we get - I dare you to tell me you've ever been cold in one. Why the heck did you buy your own?
>>
>>996344

Precisely the problem. Theres no midweight option other than the lightweight which unless your in the jungle/desert does diddly at keeping you warm. Having a midweight snugpak that squeezes down a lot more than the issue ones is a godsend for saving space, especially when carrying radios and other shit.
>>
>>996344

Ie i mean to say, issue one too warm and too big for some places/time of year.
>>
>>996400
>>996399
I just either lie with it half open or use the jungle one when it's too warm

You're right about space saving but I've always made do.
>>
File: Ambien.jpg (71KB, 564x664px) Image search: [Google]
Ambien.jpg
71KB, 564x664px
>>996156
you know it bub.
>>
>>996097
I don't understand Snugpak. It's just slightly nicer than mil issue gear, and aside from that it has the same weight and durability. For about the same price you could get something that's way more functional for hiking/outdoor use, or you could save a ton of money and just use/modify military gear.

The company's entire market is the SHTF "imma need this when i'm bartering w/ 3m dust masks n bandaids" types.
>>
>>996097
Smugpak sucks
Their shit is literal garbage
>>
>>997533

Have you even got a piece of snugpak gear? And if i remember rightly their marketing tag on the jackets say something along the lines of 'tested in war, never beaten' (or something like that, mine worn away i've had it that long)

I'll admit that military kit these days is very good, but up until they started issuing said kit, Snugpak was the goto for extra/replacement kit. Most issue stuff the UK get is modelled on the softie insulation they use.

The sleepingbags squash down a helluva lot more than issue kit to boot.
>>
>>997687
Care to elaborate? Or are you here just to fling mud with nothing to base it on? Cos if so >>>/trash/
>>
I have an ionosphere tent. It's pretty gud.
>>
File: 20170421_170605.png (4MB, 1440x1438px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_170605.png
4MB, 1440x1438px
>>997952
>>
File: 20170421_170528.png (3MB, 1440x1428px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_170528.png
3MB, 1440x1428px
>>997960
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.