[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

looking for outdoors advice, thanks!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 5559.jpg (286KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
5559.jpg
286KB, 1366x768px
Greetings to all!
I write with a question. I have a burning desire for a long time, to just get out into the wild for a period of time. Real wild, untouched and far from towns. My biggest concern is food and water. Anyone with experience has any advice on this ? How to provide food and water for yourself for a certain period of time (not just a weekend camping) ? I guess this is a big deal, if no hunting can be achieved. Before you bash me (this is 4chan after all) please understand I'm no city boy having wild dreams. I had a hard life so far, so I'm no stranger to pain and hardship, either mental or physical. Thanks in advance for kind advices!
>>
>>995801
A water filter and a fishing pole will take care of most of what you need if you pick an area that has water and fish. Picking up a foraging guide for your region can help a lot as well.
>>
I have a question about like this. I live near farming community out here in southern AZ the closest river is the Gila and a lot of fertilizer and chemicals from crop dusting end up in the river how would I go about purifying it? Or should i just do solar stills?
>>
File: LukeMoistureVaporator-MOSW.png (564KB, 700x994px) Image search: [Google]
LukeMoistureVaporator-MOSW.png
564KB, 700x994px
>>995821
Removing shit like that from water requires a reverse osmosis filter, which you're not gonna lump around in a backpack.

On a related note, MIT and UC Berkeley just tested an atmospheric water harvester prototype using metal organic framework powders to absorb and condense moisture in the air. They say with existing technology they could make another prototype that could produce up to three quarts of water a da, even in the desert. And scaling up is very doable because so much of the tech already exists.

So moisture farming might be a thing soon.
>>
>>995844
So solar stills.
>>
>>995979
Yeah, if it's viable.
>>
so would it be ok if used that river water in the still?
>>
Where to start. Firstly, where are you and where do you want to go? Different places have different restrictions. How long do you plan on staying out? What is you're actual experience in bushcraft? The best thing for you to do is find a local blog or bushcraft training school. Don't get wrapped up with the "Survivalists" or "Preppers". Survival is when nature catches you unprepared and prepping is when you want to be ready for TEOTW. Also, don't get involved with these people who think they are going to overthrow the government with their AR15 and a thousand rounds. They will just cause you to get a small 12 by 12 rather then the open wild.
>>
Seychelle fill2pure water bottles might b ok for u, tookit around w me in india and they got all kind of shit in their water.

http://www.fill2purefilters.com.au/
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.