[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer Plans Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: sonora_20080910-047_2100x700.jpg (342KB, 1900x634px) Image search: [Google]
sonora_20080910-047_2100x700.jpg
342KB, 1900x634px
What are you guys doing for the summer?

I have a really flexible job in Vancouver so I'll be roadtripping around BC a lot. Any BC bros have suggestions of cool places to go? I'm geared up for pretty much any camping/backpacking, like hunting & fishing, just looking to have a great summer.
>>
File: pine creek.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
pine creek.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
four 3-4 day backpacking trips in the sierra, plus some random climbing trips and overnight camping trips.
>>
Gonna be driving a UNIMOG in SE Alaska. It'll be a busy summer but I'm gonna get /out/ when I can. Will do more in the fall after the job is over.
>>
Spend almost everyday at the beach enjoying muh sun and muh ocean swimming. A couple weekend hiking and camping trips if lucky.
Wild camping isn't allowed and isn't there any wilderness so it's hard to do better if I don't go abroad.
>>
>>995192
Kelowna trails man. Best out area in all of bc
>>
File: 1484261585469.jpg (1MB, 960x1379px) Image search: [Google]
1484261585469.jpg
1MB, 960x1379px
>>995192
Planning on taking some friends into the Adirondacks and doing Marcy, Algonquin and Iroquois. Should be easy enough for some relative newbies.
>>
>>995328

Thanks for the suggestion. See many deer in that area?
>>
>>995404
Not him but from Kelowna.
Deer in town/all over the woods.
Moose/rams/coyotes/cougars
Might see elk/caribou a little more north bc.

Overall great place for /out/
>>
Climbing mt hood/ mt baker.
Week long trip to the San juans
Week camping/hiking around missippi.
Kinda want to throw in another trip not sure where tho
>>
File: background.jpg (330KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
330KB, 1920x1200px
>>995192
honestly gunna just listen to funk music, masturbate a lot and inhale vape smoke. I will try and hike on the few weekends i actually have off and im not brutally exhausted on but its more likely i will just end up living vicariously through youtube hiking videos. high stress job isnt condusive to /out/
:/
>>
File: driftless.jpg (700KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
driftless.jpg
700KB, 2000x1333px
>>995192
Flyfishing in the driftless area for a week. I'll be camping for most of it, but visiting hometown for a couple days as well.
>>
I won't have any long vacations this July/August/September so I've planned a deathmarch crosscountry loop hike for each weekend that should fit into two nights. Most in ONP and MRNP with a couple in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness.
>>
Go north to mainland Japan and bum around there instead since Kyushu is getting too warm.
>>
Got 3 months work in the Channel Islands, am a tree surgeon, nice firm, lots of big machines and they do a fair bit of crane work so should get some good experience doing that. That should end round August and I'll hopefully have ~two weeks free then so will head off for a hike. Then if things all go to plan I'll jump over to Sweden to work till December. Not sure where to hike yet, but it's got to be Northern Europe as cba to fly anywhere.
>>995202
Yea! Love Unimogs!
>>996813
Quit! Unless highstreejob>being/out/ for you
>>996948
Just bumming around? How you funding the trip?
>>
>>995192
A LOT more time hanging out and going to out shitty lake instead of wokkowing in depression drunk
>>
Hopefully summiting Mt Rainier in June if weather cooperates.

Join the local alpine club and get a lot more local peak bagging done.

Climb 5.10 outside is my goal, have done it in the gym and done 5.9 outside.

Do a lot more backpacking.
>>
Living in the palms in Scottsdale AZ. Any kind of /out/ing possible with no car?
>>
>>995192
driving from ohio to the badlands, black hills, and then on to either glacier national park or olympic national park we haven't decided.
>>
how hard is it to become a park warden? years, edjumications, auxiliary experience etc.

can a contracted hourly "worker" get promoted to salary?
literally zero relevant infos on the lines
>>
Purse seining salmon in Cook Inlet.
>>
2,500 mi on the PCT. Starting in Idylwild June 2.
>>
File: 818_1000.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
818_1000.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
Looking to do some camping and modify my FJ. I have a few weeks off in May and probably the whole month of July off from work. Crazy overtime and a fat tax refund have given me like 5 grand to fuck around with. I've been poor most of my life, but I got a corporate stooge job last year and the pay is pretty decent.

Currently trying to decide if I should keep it, work 12 hour days 6 days a week and make mad bank, or just stash a bunch of money and finally snap like that kid in that book who ate the moose and died in the school bus.
>>
>>995192
Might take down another section of the AT. Also car camp at the lake with the intent to fish and relax but just end up partying with the local rednecks instead. Probably cap the summer off with a bonfire or two to welcome in the Fall. Any of you /out/ists near 479? I'd be down to charge JO crystals if you wanna hit the lake.
>>
me and my friends are just kind of camping whereever on vancouver island. i recommend it but if you run into us, we'll probably kill you
>>
Going to West Virginia to do some trout fishing and hitting up the salt where I live (East NC coast) to try my hand at bagging some redfish on the fly.

I'll also be tearing into some of the local trails on my bike.
>>
There is al trail in northern norway starting from the katterat trainstation i tried to walk last year with my brother and we got to the second day but couldnt go further because of a glacier and snow we didnt trust. I want to finish that trail and walk from katterat to abisko in sweden.
>>
1.5 months in Newfoundland. another 1.5 months making my way back to Ontario via Quebec, Maine, NH, Vermont, NY.
>>
I'm going to try backpacking for the first time on part of Wisconsin's Ice Age Trail.
>>
>>995192
landscaping and some farming most of the summer, some kayaking and hiking, and marching band camp. might go out shooting a bit.
>>
/out plans for this summer:

>be a fat fuck
>decide I must loose weight
>start hiking training in the gym probably tomorrow
>train for 30km hike event in June
>learn how to flyfish
>go (fly)fish&hike all around
>take hunting exams in august
>prep for hunting season
>hike&hunt all around
>lose weight&have fun

Thats about it.
>>
>>995192

I am a neet with money (both my parents got the dead, I inherit enough money to be lazy for a bit, enjoy life). So gonna smoke weed, play video games, go camping/hiking/shooting.
>>
Gonna do some motorcycle adventure touring, get a bunch of sailing in, finish my yacht master requirements and spend a week in the Jasper area with a friend doing /out/ related things.
>>
Climbing my first 4k (meters) mountain and lots of smaller ones. Rock climbing in various spots. Walk from Munich to Venice by foot
>>
>>1002661
Do you have a path that's safe from the horde's walking in the other direction?
>>
Fort Sam Huston TX for AIT
>>
Camping all round minnesota and wisconson, north shore, boundary waters, canue trips in the st croix and some wisconson river along with some other trips
>>
>>995192
I plan on getting out camping by local waters that have pike and trout in them. Wan't a full couple of days moving and fishing the whole place, beers and fry up in the evening.
>>
>>1001938
Fantastic plan man! very positive life decisions there. I did a similar thing a couple of years ago and I've never looked back since!
>>
>>1002679
not really, I'll go with a buddy and we'll take one the more popular routes, the Traumpfad. But I'll at least pack my mat and sleeping bag and spend as many nights outside as possible
>>
File: IMG_20160826_154603117.jpg (958KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_154603117.jpg
958KB, 2048x1536px
My only real plan is to drive my boat up the river to this spot right here. Steaks over the fire, get my GF nekkid and do some swimming, and fuck her in the woods.

Not the most /out/ plan ever, but I've been dreaming of it all winter long...
>>
>>995192

I'm going to traverse across the Isle of Skye in Scotland. My parents are gonna drop me on one end and I'm gonna walk to the other. The route I plan on taking is probably going to be 60-70km.

Will hopefully climb the Old Man Storr and some various other sites. Will also do seaside cliff jumping.

I was looking it up the other day and its been the site of some major films:
Star Wars
Transformers
Alien Covenant

And most importantly the introduction scene of the Dark Knight Rises. I'm looking forward to scrounging around for plane crash cover ups.

Any requests on what I should do there? I might make a few videos/take photos and post em on here for the meme.
>>
>>1003438
Do it my dude
>>
>>1003438
Is that gonna be a freeclimb? What's the height?
>>
>>1003446
Its gonna be a free climb because I can't afford rope atm.
It's height is about 20m. Its gonna be hard and dangerous, although on one side it seems sloped so I could treat it like a ladder.

I've freeclimbed 10m cliffs but over water, so if I fell it was a soft landing. I've also done 5m cliffs. This 20m spire is gonna daunt the fuck out of me. Not sure if its safe enough to do. Spose I'll judge it on the day.
>>
>>1003449
>no experience
>soloing e2/6a+/5.10c
lol. i'll keep an eye out for your obituary.
>>
>>1001938
I too am a fat. Down to 245lb from 280lb.

21 week beach body diet.

Not sure how it works as my wife is the cook. But i est plenty of food and dont even hit 2,000 calories a day and drink beer still. Its pretty gud.

/fit helped a little but makung fundamental changes is key. I shot for 1 pound a week and ive been 5 or 6 a month instead.

After i get under #200 i am making one of those 10 pound cheeseburgers off of google and frying that mutherfucker to celebrate.

Sounds dumb i know but YOLO
>>
>>1003470
>Assuming someone they've never met has no experience

What sorta tism is this
>>
>>1001939
Bumber anon. Sry. Maybe u should get a job and invest that money for early rerirement tho?
>>
>>1002797
Good to know it is worth it.

I also am a fat and crippled. Sedintary as fuck...
>>
>>1003340
Sounds like a solid fucking plan anon. I bought a shitty leaky camper im gonna break my wife in after i get a generator and ac. Not /out at all and idgaf. Hate summer amd misquitoes.
>>
Fishing the locust fork river as usual. Going to the gulf for some fishing next week.
>>
>>995192

Taking my son down to the gulf of Mexico so he can see the ocean for the first time. Various small "camping" excursions planted as well. He's only 3 so were starting out small.
>>
>>1003502
>assume
i assumed nothing. anon was very clear here >>1003449

he said he's never done any real climbing, and anyone who doesn't know the difference between free climbing and free soloing doesn't have the experience to solo something at that grade.
>>
>>1003512
nice. get after it. i'm taking my 2 year old son camping 3 of the next 4 weekends.
>>
Going to a little campground in Big Bear, California called Pineknot in two weekends with my gf for our first camping trip. Just gonna keep it simple: sleep in my SUV, grill, build a fire, relax. Probably do some hiking and maybe rent a jetski or canoe and enjoy the lake.
>>
>>995192
Going out to Washington, gonna do some fishing and rockhounding.
>>
GF and I are gonna backpack Banff. Bringan a shitton of cubes, should be a great time.
>>
>>1003505
Boating is the best way to get my GF to do outdoors stuff. She loves being outside, but doesn't really want to walk/hike/climb. So we take the boat. Doesn't matter how remote a spot we end up in, she enjoys the trip and once we arrive she loves it. It's comfy, and there are always good sexy times...
>>
>>1003501
Fat logic right there

Don't throw your efforts fatty, it's a new lifestyle.
>>
I stayed at a little campsite on Dease Lake. Great little place great fishing. Camp host were an elderly couple. Really nice people.
>>
Working in the Boundary Waters from South Fowl Lake to Lac la Croix and the Pigeon River out to Lake Superior.

If I get a better vehicle I might road trip somewhere /out/ during my days off. Or I'll binge eat while playing video games in my dark, AC-cooled apartment.
>>
>>1003529
I'm a regular to a climbing club near my town. Its quite a nice wall, about 15m with some difficult overhangs, has a bouldering section too. I also climb when on holiday, my last one was in Switzerland involving some interesting routes. My favourite was called "The Chimney" where two faces of rock get close together and you have to squeeze up (like a chimney sweep) as theres no cracks in the rock.

Is that good enough experience anon?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.