[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose I hurt myself and now my ankle is swollen. I MUST go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: bootz.jpg (10KB, 190x219px) Image search: [Google]
bootz.jpg
10KB, 190x219px
Suppose I hurt myself and now my ankle is swollen.

I MUST go hiking because of an obligation. It hurts but I can still get around. Is it better to wear boots with that high top that goes around it, or some normal low trainers?

I could support the injured area, or "give it room to breathe" bottom line is I have to walk on it anyway so what's the best way to endure this?
>>
>>994505
Supporting the injured ankle is your best course of action. An injured ankle may well be weakened, which could foreseeably exacerbate any other injuries you may incur on your obligatory hike.
>>
>>994505
Good on you, OP, for meeting your obligation despite the pain. Be sure to take pre-aleve and wrap the ankle well.
>>
>>994528
Thanks anon, maybe I'll tape it up too.

I saw someone do that in a movie once so it should work.
>>
>>994533
Avoid friction points also; you don't want hot spots or blisters. Two pair of socks (inner synthetic, outer wool is what I use) can help with that.
>>
>>994505
I've rolled my ankle on hikes a couple of times. I like to use Vet Wrap on them, it holds everything in well and provides loads of support. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrap-Cohesive-Bandage-Dressing-Purple/dp/B005FWDT2Y
>>
>>994505

You're gonna fuck your ankle up and make it worse.
>>
>>994552
Probably, but there's too much at stake not to attempt.
>>
>>994505
canvas tape and prewrap so you don't pull your hair out.

high tops will help with compression as well, and if you have an actual pair instead of those lazy man snow boots you could skip the wrap all together and just let the boot do the work. Bring tape with you, and wrap the outside of the boot if you can't walk on it anymore
>>
>>994559

You better be getting laid then, in which case take some ibuprofin and wear thick socks and lace up tight
>>
Godspeed.

May I ask what the obligation is?
>>
I'd get a stick or pole to hike with, something to help bear weight. Enduring shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you don't reinjure it, the human body is surprisingly good at working through pain. The bigger problem with probably be down the road. It'll probably really suck for a few days after, you might get problems in other areas from compensating, and there's also a chance you'll hate yourself in 10-20 years when it doesn't function properly and you measure time in painkiller doses and chiropractor visits. I was a stupid kid who would be playing basketball a couple weeks after breaking/spraining my ankles and now I spend a few hours a week doing exercises and yoga just to keep my body from yelling at me. So be prepared to potentially trade a year of your life for whatever it is you're doing this for.
>>
>>994581
>>994795
Im pretty sure OPs obligation involves getting some pussy
>>
File: hiking.jpg (173KB, 699x339px) Image search: [Google]
hiking.jpg
173KB, 699x339px
>>994505
>I MUST go hiking because of an obligation
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.