[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motorcycle Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

So, I am planning on going on getting a suzuki DR650 this summer and driving it from Edmonton to the arctic circle, up to Inuvik, NT via the Dempster highway.

Post ITT if you have ever done anything similar (ie long distance motorcycle trips) or you have any advice for those wishing to do so.
>>
>>992815
I was listening to a radio station that's out of Canada. It's called signals, they talked about a story where this guy called broken tooth traveled the north Canadian towns with nothing but a tent and his motorcycle. Allegedly he got attacked by a bear and sewed up wounds with a fishook.
>>
What did he mean by this? >>992942
>>
No one is replying to my thread ;_;
>>
never had a motocicle.
>>
>>995448
It's a dumb thread. Have you ever rode a motorcycle in even 50 degree weather before? Unless you are going 25mph the entire time you will freeze your ass off
>>
File: i-tS2ChQD-L.jpg (117KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
i-tS2ChQD-L.jpg
117KB, 800x600px
>>995504
No such thing as bad weather, just inadequate gear.
t. year round rider

>>992815
Know your bike, inside and out.
Carry tools to fix most problems - work out of this toolkit in the garage. Better to find you need some tool/socket/wrench/etc in the garage than in the mountains.
Keep your shit maintained; fix little problems before they become major problems.
Dress for the crash.
Know your limits.

Done some marathon dirt/enduro rides, but never any cross-country travel.
>>
>>992815
Did Senegal - Gambia - Guinee Bissau - Guinee - Sierra Leone - Liberia - Ivory Coast - Ghana last year, but that was easy mode desu. Almosy always a mechanic or a dude with a 4WD around when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>992815

I'm gonna start my first job soon and will buy a DR650 with the money and would love do something similar.

they way things look right now I might even end up in canada for work.
>>
I have done cross country motorcycle trips in the US, and rode my motorcycle to Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia 2 years ago.

I ride a Harley, so I was on mostly freeway, but I try to map out so I take some 2 lane highways. I like the scenery better.

I carry a fuel bottle in case I run out of gas. Its a MSR fuel bottle and it holds a liter of gas. Its only enough for 10-12 miles, but I would rather use it than walk that far for gas. The closest I ever was to running out of gas was in Canada 2 years ago. Some gas stations in New Brunswick close at dark.

The furthest I have ever riden in one day is over 1200 miles in 20 hours. I didnt drink enough water and was sucking the next day
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (206KB, 1600x1111px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
206KB, 1600x1111px
Watch Mondo Enduro and Terra Circa and get hyped. Some guys from England ride DR350's around the world.
>>
>>996574
this picture screams cyberpunk
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.