[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a horrible idea, Digging yourself a shallow grave to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: very-shallow-grave.jpg (83KB, 516x344px) Image search: [Google]
very-shallow-grave.jpg
83KB, 516x344px
Is this a horrible idea, Digging yourself a shallow grave to sleep in (with a sleeping bag and mat) and covering yourself with tarp?
>>
>>992708
Yes, sleeping pads are used for separating your millenial ass and the soil for a reasons
>>
>>992708
Nothing wrong with it if you do it under the correct conditions.

Fire -> like 10 5-10lb rocks in fire -> place heated rocks in hole -> throw an amount of natural bedding over top that you would deem comfortable -> place tarp over top -> place another tarp over top -> secure corners with rocks or rope -> slide yourself in

You have now made yourself into a hot pocket. Will have a comfy 80 degree night and get enough sleep to recover enough to continue onward the next day.
>>
You dig the channel
You cover it with logs/branches
You put the tarp over the logs/branches

There you go
>>
>>992708
You mean a trench shelter? They're mostly for keeping visibility low and reducing or eliminating projectile velocity, but if you don't mine doing the extra work and have permission to dig there I could see it as a good way to reduce high winds and reflect more heat back to you in the cold. Just dig someplace that has drainage, rain puddles don't make comfy quarters.
>>
Is this how tarpturds try to cope?
>>
This kills the man on the upper west coast of North America... or you wake up with earwigs and a soaking ass/torso.

The effort it would take to "dig a ditch" could build you a better shelter, or just find some food, that would let you sleep warmer.

Gather more wood, boil more water, think up more jokes. Those are the best things I've ever done while camping alone.
>>
>>992718
how do you not burn yourself and your gear doing this
>>
>>993007
The natural bedding I.E. moss or pine needle branches is easily enough to prevent burning. You'll have 12-20 inches of the stuff stacked on the rocks to sleep comfy. The stuff should be green, so it also won't burn. Overall the rocks at their size will keep a high temp for 4-6 hours. If you keep the heat right then you'll have 8 hours of heat your body didn't have to make itself.
>>
>>993059
this just in, anon was found partially buried, smoked and jerkified into a mummy in the woods 15 mins from anon's backyard...... more at eleven
>>
>>993231
>he thinks hot rocks set things on fire

This isnt a volcano anon
>>
is suffocation a possibility?
>>
>>993258
Anon , if you feel like you're low on air, please... inhale.
>>
>>992765
>and have permission to dig there
AM I BEING DETAINED !!?
>>
>>992708
sadam had a pretty cosy hidey hole. As long as you're not gassing any kurds I don't see why you couldn't do this.
>>
>>993372
>"my bedding is an empty bag of trash"
that doesn't look too comfy to me man
>>
It's called a Ranger grave.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.