[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's hunting some toms this weekend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: turkey-hunting.jpg (152KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
turkey-hunting.jpg
152KB, 960x400px
Who's hunting some toms this weekend?
>>
>>992228
Just got back from hunting actually. Didn't see any toms, heard a few gobbles and saw a few hens though. Maybe tomorrow.
>>
>>992228
Hunting turkey is retarded hard. I can go out and hear them all evening but getting a shot is nearly impossible unless you clear patches.
>>
>>992544
>all evening
I've never killed a turkey in the evening. The only time I go out in the evening is to find where they're roosting and get out early the next morning so I can get pretty close by before they come down. Kind of cheating so I only do it towards the end of season, but it works.
>>
>>992544
They are literally retarded, slow as fuck, can only fly for like 20 feet, they're big and round and make tons of noise also they hangout in groups of like 15.

Are you disabled?
>>
>>992550
>slow as fuck, can only fly for like 20 feet, they're big and round and make tons of noise also they hangout in groups of like 15.
You live on the East Coast or in the South I assume?
>>
>>992556
Actually I know this from two regions. The South, yes. But also the PNW. The turkeys in Washington and Oregon are the slower and the dumber ones by far. I digress, there are no clever turkeys.
>>
>>992573
You must be the master stalker. Turkeys are skitish as fuck. Texas fag.
>>
>>992573
I've literally watched a spooked tom fly from one canyon rim to the other. Usually, it's the Eastern and Southern birds that are slow, fat and stupid. Western ones are more skittish and will move if they need to.

t. Colorado
>>
>>992586
this
t. utah deseretfag
>>
>>992586
Can confirm. I'm in Massachusetts. First season last year. Literally had full orange on, was eating a bag of popcorn and was laughing with a friend. Had a tom come running up and sat three feet from us while I rose my shotgun.
>>
>>992586
this
>>
>>992228
I don't really do the spring hunt up here in northern wi, they just don't taste as good as in the fall
>>
File: IMG_5797.jpg (16KB, 231x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5797.jpg
16KB, 231x300px
My Dad told me this story about a deputy who was a friend of his

>be deputy
>sitting by a tree hunting turkey
>scraping on his call
>turkey walks up behind him
>doesn't hear turkey
>turkey gets by his ear and gobbles
>scares the deputy so bad he shit his pants
>had to go home

From that day on he was known as the Blue Gobbler.
>>
File: Snapchat-2624796957585974537.jpg (974KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2624796957585974537.jpg
974KB, 1080x1920px
>>992228
Already tagged out
>>
California turkey are bad tards and not skittish, tagged a few and in California we can shoot those fuckers with an air gun lol(they are in most people backyards and they will peck you and they are pretty aggressive)
I just wish I could blast them with a 30-06 and make turkey soup lol but only birdshot allowed here.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.