[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here an actual Sc/out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: Logo Wosm_Pramuka.png (127KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Logo Wosm_Pramuka.png
127KB, 1600x1067px
I know a bunch of you are/were in the BSA, any Sc/out/s from other countries?

I've been a Scout in Canada for as long as I can remember. Did much good for me. Travelled the world, learned to be a citizen and a leader.

Best times of my life.

What was your Sc/out/ experience like?

Also, anyone going to World Moot in Iceland this summer?
>>
Eagle here
and OA brotherhood

Went to the 2005 US national jambo and 2006 NOAC

Lots of amazing experiences, my favorite was probably an 80 mile canoe trip
>>
wake up in woods and anus is sore and greasy
scoutins is fuckeig gay
>>
Philmont vet checking in, itinerary 20. Great time.
>>
>>992063
>>992075
Cheers my American brothers.

I'm a Queens Venturer (Canadian Eagle)
>>
I'm a Dutch scout leader and scout.
I wanted to go to the Moot but Im moving to Finland in the Summer. And I need my monies.
>>
>>992020
Eagle, Vigil, Indiana here.
Big Green M for any locals lurking.
We party bus now boyos
>>
File: 1471311103597.gif (980KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1471311103597.gif
980KB, 250x188px
>>992069
It helps if you don't let someone fuck you in the ass mate
>>
>>992069
Congrats on earning your sodomite's patch
>>
I wish I had been one. I saw a guy publicly quote and name Robert Baden-Powell the other day.
I wondered how many people would actually know that name.
He was gay, by the way.
>>
>>992282
He was a repressed homosexual according to a literalwho biographer. The claim he was gay is an overstatement, because testimony and evidence doesn't exist other than the fact the he was most definitely a fabulous motherfucker.
>>
>>992020
Eagle Scout in '08. Came back after I was 18 as an assistant scoutmaster and got tapped out for the OA but never went thru everything because I left for college shortly after.
>>
>>992295
Actually 3 separate biographers all came to the conclusion that he was likely a homosexual. His own writings, his habit of enthusiastically playing female roles for the theatre and crossdressing with dr3sses he gladly designed and made himself, the fact that he never married until he was 55 and then suffered "psychosomatic" headaches until he started sleeping away from her, his obvious obsession with boys and the male figure, and his relationship with McLaren, all strongly suggest he was a poof (and maybe a bit of a nonce)
>>
>>992319
He still did a good thing at the end of it all.No proof he did anything wrong.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what the Order of the Arrow is? We don't have it in Canada.
>>
>>992295
Yeah, it just makes for good book sales when you call the founder of scouting gay amidst the no-gays debacle of the last few decades.
>>
>>992319
>obvious obsession with boys
Please don't tell me that the founder of scouting is a literal fucking pedophile?
>>
>>992397
A group within BSA that supposedly does extra camping stuff. The OA in my area acted like a secret society and never told anyone what they actually did together. The only thing they did in public was dress up like Indians at Camporees and hold bonfire ceremonies with a lot of ridiculous "I call upon the East Wind!" type shit.
>>
>>992397
Basically a sub-sect/extracurricular of scouts for boys who want more out of scouts. It's heavily traditional, entirely based around old native legend, we do scripted ceremonies in full costume.
Every district had a chapter that would hold meetings and organize a ceremonies team that would perform arrow of light ceremonies for the local cub scouts (for moving from cub scouts to the boy scouts)

The whole thing revolved around "cheerful service". My lodge (council) would do about 4-5 weekends a year at our councils summer camp doing various maintenence, setup and takedown around the camp season.

When we were done, it was party time, we had free reign of the camp, so a bunch of us would airsoft...and drink and smoke after dark
>>
>>992282
>He was a repressed homosexual according to a literalwho biographer.

I mean the guy saying it was gay. I thought you guys might like that part on account of the scouts are fags meme.
>>
>>992434
If it makes you feel better he probably only had sex with the pubescent boys, not the pre-pubescent ones. Gays love their catamites. Ask them how old they were when they lost their virginity - ask them how old is the youngest person they've had sex with.
There's even a video floating around of a guy asking the latter question in a gay club.
>erm, I can't tell you that or I'll go to jail.
>>
>>992434
Well here are the facts:

>historic homesexuality was focused on older men with younger boys (twinks), from the time of ancient Greece to around the 1970s

>He was almost certainly homosexual as evidenced by 3 independent biographers and his own writings and lifestyle

>He started and dedicated his life to a boy's organisation.

It certainly doesn't look good anon

Nowadays though the Boy Scouts of America is predominantly run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) who aren't into gays. In my country it is no longer the Boy Scouts of Canada, it's now just Scouts Canada since some fucking lesbian couple from Toronto didn't want their daughter in Girl Scouts or Girl Guides they wanted her in Boy Scouts so they sued and now it's officially a co-ed organisation. I took my son out of Beaver Scouts (cub scouts in USA) and just teach him about the outdoors through xamping, hunting, hiking, fishing, utilising national park youth ranger activities, etc
>>
>>992020
I was active in it from when before was 6 (I sometimes was dragged along with my older brother when he was in cubs scouts). 24 now and I think I'm finally done with it for now. I worked the past 6 summers at camps but this year I'm taking summer classes for school. It was fun while it lasted but towards the end the a neighboring council couldn't meet pay roll and was merged with ours.The people from the failed council ended up in charge and wanted to treat everything like a business. This involved gutting kicking out all the staff at the camp I worked at so they could hire one of the council leader's friend's business that only hires people from some Mormon school in Utah. From what I've heard they're a bunch of incompetent fuckwits. They killed 65 years of traditions, gutted the entire program we'd built and alienated most of the 3000+ of campers we got each year. Contract is for something like 5 years. I'm doubtful they'll get it renewed but by the time this is over all of us old staff will have moved on so there won't be anyone to pick up the pieces.
>>
>>992069
digits confirm
>>
I had a mate in the scouts, he met bear grylls once and told him to fuck off
>>
Been a scout as long as I can remember, scout leader for close to 7 years.
Fuck the Moot, I'm not paying €1000 so nigs can come too.

>>992252
Welke regio?
>>
>>992536
Can you greentext it?
>>
>>992459
>>992465
Sounds kinda cozy

>>992500
That shit really sucks M8, What about working at some of the other large camps the BSA owns?

>>992635
Fair enough. I'll be at moot. Though I don't think Iceland will be able to support such a large event seamlessly.
>>
>>992902
>That shit really sucks M8, What about working at some of the other large camps the BSA owns?
I worked for a different council last year at one of their camps* and I've considered working Philmont but I'm also at a point where I'm moving on with my life. I transferred from community college to university this year and since I'm at a 4 year school I'm finally eligible for internships. If I don't get an internship I'll be taking summer classes so I can graduate sooner and save money. I just don't have the time to devote a whole summer to scouts anymore.
>>
File: 1446230753828.jpg (73KB, 852x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446230753828.jpg
73KB, 852x960px
I was a counselor for a summer about five years ago in Colorado. Here were some highlights and let me know if you guys want more detailed stories.

>mandatory staff shower night halfway through the summer
>fuck sporks
>lol no fires because county had a fire ban the whole summer
>troop brought a fucking tacklebox full of pills and meds and got pissy when I told them they had to give it to the nurse
>troop brought fucking quads and got pissy when they weren't allowed to drive them around camp
>fuck sporks
>RSO for shooting sports turned out to be a pedo a year later and was convicted of some shit
>other RSO was an ex-marine drunk that kept trying to bullshit people into thinking he was a SEAL
>lake turned into a giant mudpit because no snow that winter
>taught Camp Master's son how to play MTG, little shit beats me and other guy 9/10 times after like three games
>lol his family is Mormon, oops
>fuck sporks
>because of the draining lake, you could damn near throw an empty hook into it and catch something
>Camp Master had to shoot a bear
>that one shit on every staff that somehow always has energy and a smile
>redneck staff member talks the talk about how good he is with a shotgun
>can't walk the walk, mfw I shut him the fuck down with a 25/25 when he got like 5/25
>did I mention fuck sporks?
>>
>>992925
>fuck sporks

EXPLAIN
>>
>>992927
The only utensils we had in the mess hall were plastic sporks. Every day for every meal. You ever try to eat fucking spaghetti with a spork? I had to do that shit like twice a week for 10 weeks.
>>
>>992929
What kind of shit mess hall did you have?
>>
>>992925
What deck did the kid use?
>>
>>992933
I had a spare red/green from the Guildpact days that I gave him. Little shit destroyed us.

>>992931
Food itself was great but yeah they really skimped on just having forks and shit.
>>
>>992934
I worked at a Camp in Switzerland, they had actual cutlery, ceramic plates, and the finest European ingredients.
>>
>>992937
kek, we didn't even have a dishwasher so that wouldn't have worked at all. Everything was served on plastic plates.
>>
>>992943
Haha holy shit. Bet the environment loved you.

We had an industrial dishwasher, and a special food recycling program.
>>
18 year old Eagle from Northeast PA. Worked at a camp for years, until it shutdown. I taught all the waterfront merit badges, it's so much fun sailing all day long. I miss it a lot, and want to get my own sailboat so I can continue to teach the badge on my own time. I live in a development which has its own lake. Scouts has been my favorite part of my childhood.
>>
>>992925
>mandatory staff shower night halfway through the summer
This sounds like it could be good. Reminds me of the time I worked at camp when a CIT decided to go two weeks without showering. The commissioner dragged him into the quad, threw him shampoo and then hit him with the hose.

>RSO for shooting sports turned out to be a pedo a year later and was convicted of some shit
This happened at my camp a few years ago. Friend was staffing an overnighter and woke up with his dick out. Camp Director that year was a shithead and decided to just send the pedo home after phoning up the people that pedo worked for and explaining what he did. He notably did not call the two people who he was legally required to call (Scout Exec and Sheriffs.) We later found out he had raped a kid at camp prior to that incident which was an unpleasant epilogue to what had been an unpleasant summer. (I'm this anon >>>992500 and that summer was the year that the council merged. Drama happened because of people they brought in and they used the drama as part of the excuse to outsource.)
>>
>>992992
>when a CIT decided to go two weeks without showering.
It was basically this, like 40% of the staff hadn't taken a shower all summer. One of the admins sat in the shower house with a clipboard and checked off names as people went in.
>>
File: 5oz_AR_Box_large.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5oz_AR_Box_large.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>992020
My dad ran our boy-scout pack/den/troop for years, starting from tiger scout in kindergarten. When I was up for a promotion up to the eagles, he quit saying that people think eagle scouts are weirdos. and that was that.

I think behind the scenes some of the ultra rightwing types got more and more control wanting to do less and less actual out doors fun stuff and more selling popcorn and weird social service stuff.

Not sure what really happened, but it turned out one of the other head honcho types was a hoarder that didn't trust the internet, so they used a computer from the 80's to do all the business stuff on. The kid was the only guy I know who played calico vision and had a comadore 64. Those controllers were super confusing. Rick Reedy was one weird kid, he always wore rainboots with no socks, all year round. Turns out that they were in some kind of weird church too, explains alot of the weird stuff they made us do as 'social service' to make us 'good men'

Now that I think about it, I was 11 when 9/11 happened, so I bet that had something to do with the weirdo faction getting more power. combined with the homo kick out and the pedo scare. Not a really great time to be a scout the early 2000's. HQ was looseing alot of money.

I hated all the fucking fundraising, popcorn, mistletoe and Almond Roca. I had no fucking clue it was at the time, but that little sale pitch chant is still stuck in my head.

Mistletoe was fun, going out the Sierra Nevadas and filling the back of a pick up truck. The profit margin was insane, me and my sister ran a second load with the scraps thrown away and made like 200 bucks. Fuck popcorn.

>my sister was in the girl scouts, but the only thing they did was sold cookies, so she defacto joined the boyscouts. We had a quite good side hustle, I was bale to buy my own n64 when I was 10 and she was rolling in the polly pockets.
>>
>>992319
And remember anyone successful that lives the MGTOW life will be cast as a homo pedophile 100yrs later to fit an (((agenda))).
>>
>>992848
>friend goes to some kind of scout convention
>bear grylls is there
>asks friend if he wants a photo
>gets told to fuck off
>>
>>992500
>crashing the scouts with no survivors

Sounds great to me because, as an outsider looking in, the scouts have needed to die and be replaced with something better for a long time.
Something that would probably resemble the original intention better too.
>>
>>993083
The BSA is a pretty massive organization. You've still got a shitload of people that are still holding true to the original ideals of the program. I don't think the organization as a whole needs to die but right now I think there are two kinds of people that are really poisoning it. And no its not the evil gays or the icky trans people. Nobody who actually cares about scouting should give a fuck about that. They're not killing scouting and bitching about it only invites a lawsuit.

The first group of people that are killing scouting are the adult leaders that can't be assed to put the time in to help organize activities beyond a token summer camp visit and merit badges days. Notice I said "help" organize activities. If the scouts aren't involved in planning shit then the leaders are failing them. If a troop isn't meeting every week and working to plan a big /out/ activity for that month than the leaders are failing them. And no merit badge days do not count as an /out/ activity. I say activity and not camping because you don't always need to go camping to give scouts a good learning experience. My troop went camping almost every month but sometimes we'd do other shit like go flying through the Young Eagles. A troop should be doing shit and sitting through a class at a merit badge day isn't doing shit.

The second group that are killing the program are the professional scouters who see the BSA as a money making operation. Bastards would rather circle jerk each other off and climb the corporate ladder than spend the time to make sure that scouts are learning. These are not a group that the majority of people in scouts even see or think about but they're probably the biggest cancer. A bad leader ruins the experience of maybe a few dozen scouts but a shitty professional councils can shit on thousands.
>>
Limited experience with Scouting.

Indian Guides for roughly 9 months as a small child (one camping trip, stayed in barracks).
Cub Scouts for a few years, advanced from Tiger to Wolf. Run by my father. Was pretty much a "let's get together and drink beers while the kids run around the house/church, then do the Pinewood Derby" sort of thing. No actual skills were learned. No adventures.
Young Marines for 2 years. Not Scout related at all, but instilled some discipline and knowledge. Was a fattie when I joined (roughly 5'4, 170lbs) but lost about fifty pounds and grew six inches during my time. Run by Marine Corps reserve, designed to have you go right into the Corps when you turn 18. Joined the USAF at 19 instead. Basic was easier than the Young Marines, or maybe seemed that way because I was 20 when I left, not 11.

Definitely going to have my kids be in the Boy Scouts or something like that. Wish I had been in and stuck with it.
>>
I quit because the local scout master let his fat ginger son and his annoying shit friend do anything. I was a young lad and always told not to fight back when anything happened, so I just opted to quit instead. Plus, I had taken a look at old scouting stuff and it was way more interesting than what we had to do in the early 00's. We had what was basically a bureaucrat bible and they had actual useful stuff. We also went camping once. I wasn't a fan of anything but the active stuff, and I wasn't too keen on the religious stuff either.
>>
I'm noticing alot of you had leaders who also had a kid.

Was I lucky that my leaders had no kids in my section? Also they weren't creeps.
>>
>>993286
>Was I lucky that my leaders had no kids in my section? Also they weren't creeps.

Hard to do it otherwise, I suppose. If your kid is in it then it's natural you'd be with your kid.
If some dude with no kids wants to do it you want to tell him to fuck right off.

What mitebcool is to rig it to be partially a sort of jobs-for-veterans program.
>>993269
Mentions marine corps reserve running, that's the sort of thing that could work.

Getting people that know and are willing to do shit in the roles but making sure you don't let kiddie-fiddlers with no oversight get involved.
>>
>>993317
>If some dude with no kids wants to do it you want to tell him to fuck right off.
What if I want to do it because I was in the scouts growing up and I'm too young to have kids of my own?
>>
One of my best friends is one, and she's going to the World Moot.

Until I met her, I fell for the "scouts are cookie sellers", and so I was never really interested in joining. After learning of all the cool shit they do, though, I regret not joining when I was younger.

Currently 22, though, and not even sure where are my area are they, but I kinda thought that I'm too old for joining them now, unless I'm ready to deal with children as my only companions at my level.
>>
>>992397
Its an honor society effectively.
There's a bunch of them all over the place, but OA is the only nationally endorsed one in the US.

A lot of councils have their own, i.e. CAC in Indiana has Firecrafter, but there's a bunch like it, all tend to focus on scout spirit or service.

>>993111
Professional scouters, or, we should call them corporate, are a pox on the program.

>>992478
You're forgetting that the authors made note he was likely a latent homosexual, and not actually doing anything with other men. You aren't even bothering to do the reading that spawned the subject.
>>
>>993457
World moot will be a terrific shitshow. What country? Different countries have different ages.
>>
>>993521
>World moot will be a terrific shitshow

I imagine so, but still, if I had the chance, I would still go because I always wanted to travel to Iceland.

>What country?

Paraguay, middle of South America. I think my friend's aunt got in at her 30s, but like I said, I'm afraid of being paired up with a bunch of kids and feel out of place. Not to mention the financial part, because a number of reasons led me to and stuck me in a state of poorfag(nothing to do with the country itself, my brothers are pretty well off), and I'm also afraid that I won't be able to afford shit.

Then again, I'm probably just making up excuses to not do it because I'll be embarrased.
>>
Var redo!
>>
>>993468
They call him a latent homo because they know how much trouble they would be in if they say someone of his stature was sucking off 14 year olds in tents.

Latent homo = guy was a fag but we don't have proof or guts.
>>
>>993996
They call him a homo because his lifestyle and writings strongly suggest so, they call him latent because there's no evidence he fucked guys and they are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>God I need to browse this board more often
23 year old here, started Cub Scouts at 5 and got Eagle at 18. Milked every second out of scouting as I possibly could. Joined OoA and went on insanely fun and memorable camp outs. Kind of got out of it for the past few years but last September I started hiking again to get into better shape and just because it's fun going /out/. Now that it's getting warmer I need to hike at least 5-6 miles every weekend because the normal ass work week drags on far too long.
>>
>>993630
Ahh, fair enough, sounds like you do it differently than we do here.
We often have sections for older youth.

>>994191
Good shit. Become a leader.
>>
>>994191
I've thought about it before, but to be honest, it would be the kids that kill the idea for me. I'm much happier going out with a friend or two sparingly, than going out once a month with a group of kids that would almost certainly ruin the blissfulness for the outdoors.
>>
>>995280
Shit, meant to reply to your post, not my own
>>994938
>>
>>993111
I was lucky enough to have a troop that organized a frequent variety of outings. Not only were the parents involved in the decision making, the boys were encouraged to take the lead and organize different outings.

For example I volunteered to organize a x-country ski trip, I set up rentals for the troop through a local sports store, get adult participants to drive, set an overall cost per person to include pizza at the ski lodge. At the court of honor I would get some special recognition for my work.

I feel really lucky considering half the other troops in the area were just weekend dads who just wanted to car camp.
>>
I was in Sc/out/s for a while as a kid. Dropped out in HS. Regretted it ever since. Been thinking about buying the Boy Scout Handbook. Any recommendations about the edition? Looks like I could buy any one I want and the more recent ones are kind of lacking. Leaning towards just getting the one I had as a lad (11th edition).
>>
Eagle scout, Order of the Arrow member, Philmont veteran, Assistant Scoutmaster, and Area director at Boy Scout camp during the summer.

Love it.
>>
Eagle scout here, never did Philmont, but got to paddle the Allagash Wilderness Waterway at 15. Probably the greatest /out/ week I'll ever have.
>>
I was a scout , pretty cool if your idea of fun is having a grown man sniff your bare anus.
Was not my cup of tea but my parents made me go ;_;
>>
>>995782
>Area director at Boy Scout camp during the summer.
What program Area?
>>
>>996120
One that does mostly Eagle required ones, the Citizenships, E Prep, First Aid, etc.
>>
>>993269
>Young marines

I didn't know that was a thing
>>
>>992020
I wish it would return to its paramilitary roots, but I had fun the 8 or so years I was there.
I just refused to care about rank achievment after First Class.
>>
>>992282
That long dead man has gotten me out of more jams than any living person. People gonna talk shit, but it is a fine organization for boys.
>>
>>992465
Some lodges sound awesome, mine was not. It was very uptight and boring.
>>
>>996342
Yeah I wasn't clear. I mean the guy publicly quoting Robert to strangers he has no reason to suspect were scouts was gay.
>>
>>993053
Not muh Dick! Say it ain't so.
>>
>>996354
I saw your clarification, not saying you did, but someone will inevitably badmouth the organization, someone who was jealous they were never in it, or had a bad time in it, or they are a turbo liberal, or whatever. I don't care, it was a very positive experience in my life. I'd like to volunteer at some point, but I'm afraid it may have changed too much.
>>
The scouts fucking sucked. I never made it past star before finally just fucking off.

>Scoutmaster only doted on his son
>after helping me pass tenderfoot he ignored me for over a year, I had to constantly approach him in order to get any advancement done
>His son fixed a lighter to his knife so he could "heat up the blade" because he was a fucking moron and thought it would make it cut better
>His son would wait until we were out of camp, sneak back to our campsite, and blow his nose on my clothes, put muddy rocks in my sleeping bag, waste all my matches, and slash my personal tent my dad bought me.
>His son would also pull his knife out on me when we were alone and pretend to slash at me (He would graze me with the back of the blade and I would panic and check myself for cuts/bleeding)
>When I approached the scoutmaster about this he pulled me aside and told me to "man up", "fight your own fights" and that "boys will be boys"
>Despite all this his father pushed him to eagle and got him into order of the arrow

Fuck the scouts. I went on the hikes and minded my own business but I was tormented for no fucking reason. My only theory for why the scoutmaster's son hated me so much was because we were the only boys in the troop that both had red hair.

What was worse is that the scoutmaster ended up kicking me out and made a huge fucking spectacle about it. Maybe the scouts was a good program back in the day but it is full of fucking shitty people now.
>>
File: 1490735255475.jpg (187KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1490735255475.jpg
187KB, 1200x1600px
>>992020
No woods here, the scouts moved to the water
>>
>>995977
der sniffb der derb?
>>
>>996503
You could report that to scout council, and he would be removed
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.