[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ planning on getting chick versions of pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: FRE_AstlrpCk_1_M.jpg (28KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
FRE_AstlrpCk_1_M.jpg
28KB, 255x255px
Hey /out/ planning on getting chick versions of pic related

Problem is, I don't know where to get australorps, and what type of coop to have when they are fully grown.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
>>
File: KIMG0036.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0036.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>991713

Can't help you with where to get australorps, but chicken coops can be as easy or as hard as you want. I usually plan 1.5 sq feet of coop per chicken, lots of nesting boxes with external access and a removable floor for cleaning. Coops should be raised. Aviaries I make way bigger than needed mostly so it's easy for me to clean. make sure yoy have a roof over part of it for food and water as well as shade, check instructables for all kinds of food and water ideas. I also set up misters for when it gets blazing hot and a small pool for them to wade in and cool off.

only pic I have of ny last coop
>>
>>991713
see
>>987696
>>
Try to find a local farmer page on facebook. I'm in NH and there are a ton. If you can't find one then order some from Murray McMurray hatchery. They'll ship you live chicks. As far as a coop goes, just make em a little predator proof house with some thick anchored dowels for perching and little nesting cubbies. Chickens are hard to fuck up. I've got almost sixty of the bastards.
>>
File: 20170414_175525.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_175525.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Op here, found a Facebook page locally and got in contact with them, picked up 10 chicks today.

Everything seems to be in place, and have materials they'll need for the time being.
>>
File: famr.png (2MB, 800x2483px) Image search: [Google]
famr.png
2MB, 800x2483px
>>991713
https://youtu.be/gIPqGyhX7_k

Look for where he talks about coops or where to buy.

Based chicken farmer and great channel.
>>
>>992875
Get ready for 10 eggs a day come this time next year.
>>
>>992875
You will probably lose at least one chick. Prepare yourself for that. Make sure you pick up some chick starter ASAP and have fun with the little guys. Chickens are a very rewarding experience.
>>
>>991713
Meyers Hatchery-google it.
>>
One thing to remember is that chickens have a heirachy.
Adding to an existing group will cause problems.
So don't get 10 chic's with plans of adding 5 more in a year.
Sure, most people have added- but if its your first group then you want as few complicatations as possible.
Plan on culling a few roosters- they rarely get along and you won't get a guarantee on the sex of the chic's, no matter how much knowledge the breeder has.
>>
I used to have five chickens. They're pretty great and the eggs they lay are really great.

Pic related is the old coop that I made for them.

They're dead now, but it was really nice having them around.
>>
>>991713
Look into getting a moveable fence that you can let them run around in. If they stay in one place too long your grass will be %100 fugged.
>>
>>991713
Tractor supply co. by my house had Astros and a couple other breeds and ducklings for a couple bucks each when I was there last week, you can call the stores in your area
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.