[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is living in Oregon like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: oregon-009.jpg (553KB, 1169x833px) Image search: [Google]
oregon-009.jpg
553KB, 1169x833px
What is living in Oregon like?
>>
isn't Washington in Oregon?
>>
File: Deschutes OR.jpg (4MB, 2750x1833px) Image search: [Google]
Deschutes OR.jpg
4MB, 2750x1833px
>>991309
As far as outdoors stuff goes? Amazing
Definitely an /out/ approved state, ocean, mountains, dense forest, rivers, lakes, and desert all within a few hours of each other

As far as living? well theres a lot of homeless, californians, drug addicts, and liberal nanny-staters. Can't pump your own gas, no sales tax, but high income and property tax. Portland is now a massive hassle to even visit, let alone live in, Bend is also fuckspensive, full of rich californians.

Cheap and easy living in the smaller cities and towns though.
However you'll probably develop seasonal allergies and seasonal affective disorder in the winter if you don't manage it right away.

also rain, lots and lots of rain
>>
>>991309
I'm living at Hart Mountain National Wildlife Refuge at the moment.

What are some nice /out/ spots I can hit on a 3 day weekend?
>>
>>991309
Lots of woodland and legal weedjuana. What more do you need?
>>
>>991374
>implying homeless people, californians, drug addicts "liberal nanny-staters" affect your life in anyway.
>>
>>991569
>Murder, rape, taxes, gay rules

Yeah, no effect at all
>>
File: geeps.png (10KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps.png
10KB, 261x195px
>>991374
oregon's so beautiful all photos of it are 4mb or more
>>
>>991309

Oregon is the Alabama of the West coast.
>>
>>991569
Uh yeah they do, all of them, directly. Call me when bums are trying to sleep in your backyard and digging through your trash cans. Call me when you can't have plastic bags. Call me when your rent spikes twice in a year from Californian influx. Call me when you work in healthcare and have to accommodate every fucking tweaker who walks in the door because they got their free healthcare, and listen to their stories to scam drugs.
Fuck you.
>>
>>991309
Imagine living in a place where literally everybody had the thought process of a soccer mom

Life is too easy in Oregon, it breaks the will of the people. It leaves them so weak and petty.

You wont find violent crime in oregon, just drug addicted thieves that want a free life.

The entire state has a very dry climate so every night expect a 30 degree temp change.

It rains every day and the rain is always cold as fuck.

The Government controls everything. You will never do something without feeling under the supervision of authority. There are laws for everything.

Because the state is known as a traveler's state you'll soon realize that nobody you meet can be trusted

Weed being legal changes nothing, it has enough nanny state rules to ruin the activity.
>>
I'm visiting Oregon for the first time this June. Pretty excited about it, I've wanted to go since reading Sometimes a Great Notion (a book I've read >10x so far).
>>
File: Alaska.png (53KB, 800x577px) Image search: [Google]
Alaska.png
53KB, 800x577px
>>991569
Every single one of those things directly affects you on a day-to-day basis, retard. Californians are fucking cancer. They flock to other states in droves because their own high taxes and communist government they voted into power makes things a living hell there. But then they just move to good, clean country like Oregon and Washington and Arizona and shit it up and try to turn it into the same shithole they came from. They're infuriating.

We're even starting to get them up here in Alaska now. I live near Ketchikan and it seems every year when I'm in town getting supplies I hear the hordes of tourists saying shit like
>"Oh my god, it's so beautiful, so much cleaner than LA. I'm telling you honey we should look into a house up here! It's so... quaint."

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT. I EVEN HEARD ONE OF THEM SAY "IF ONLY WE COULD GET RID OF THE HICKS"

THEY'RE INVADING AND NOBODY IS STOPPING THEM

NUKE CALIFORNIA NOW
>>
>>991986
well said
life it too easy, so people make up problems to fix. Its basically "white people problems: the state" and it fucking sucks for everyone who just wants to be left alone.
>>
>>991986
>The entire state has a very dry climate
lol, no.

t. Coloradan
>>
>>991374
>Can't pump your own gas
holy fuck this is beyond retarded. please tell me this isn't true
>>
>>992094
oh you better believe it buddy
It sucks
>>
>>992074
I'm from the south, the entire state is a desert event if it doesnt rain. Dry air is dry air.

>>992070
Well said yourself
>>
>>992094
New Jersey and Oregon are the only two states in the US where you can't pump your own gas.

t. NJ fag
>>
http://www.kezi.com/story/35148940/lane-county-puts-tobacco-ordinance-in-effect

this just happened today
Just a taste of the fuckery we've experienced from nanny-state liberals.
Your personal liberties are at stake if you come to Oregon, all in the name of being progressive.
>>
>>991986
>The entire state has a very dry climate
>It rains every day
>>
>>992150
I think he meant no humidity in the summer. Which is very true compared to the east coast.

He'll 2/3rds of the state is a dry desert all year, so I don't know what you're getting twisted up over.
>>
Fuck off we're full
>>
File: IMG_2529.jpg (2MB, 3006x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2529.jpg
2MB, 3006x3006px
>>991639
High desert in Oregon is really pretty. Usually you just get photos of the rainforest areas along the coast
>>
>>992150
If you're from the South then Oregon is dry as all goddamned fuck regardless of it's daily rain
>>
>>992094
Never understood why people have an issue with this. Do you get mad that you can't wait your own table at restaurants too?
>>
>>991374
>well theres a lot of homeless, californians, drug addicts, and liberal nanny-staters. Can't pump your own gas, no sales tax, but high income and property tax
a shithole then.

>Can't pump your own gas
wat
>>
>>992603
It's an archaic law from the 50's that we've just never cared enough to repeal. It jacks up our gas prices by about 5 cents but it also creates almost 10,000 jobs statewide.
>>
>>992606
>It jacks up our gas prices by about 5 cents
The irony is that it still manages to be cheaper than Washington despite the fact that WA has fucking refineries in-state and no gas law.
>>
>>992583
That analogy is a little retarded. Waiters and sit-down restaurants exist for customers that WANT to be waited on.

It's closer to requiring an attendant for a vending machine, which is dumb,even if it creates jobs
>>
>>991625
Good lord please kill yourself
>>
>>992029
You sound mad. Ever consider shutting the fuck up?
>>
>>992874
I know, I'm just being shitty. But when you live here it just becomes part of life. Like states that have to deal with toll roads. That shit enrages me.
>>
>>992894
>>992895
>t. unemployed Portland Hilary supporter
>>
>>992940
Get used to them because that's the trump plan to finance some of the road infrastructure.
>>
>>991318

They wish, but they'd die of exposure in a day.
>>
>>991665

This
>>
>>992986
Our unemployment is at record lows right now. You're probably more likely to be unemployed if you live in any of the counties that voted red.
>>
>>992127
Obviously you live on the other side of the rain shadow. Willamete valley-fag here, and our outdoor humidity is generally 60%< night and day, except in the summer. To say Oregon is dry is just wrong. Some portions of Oregon are literally considered rainforests
>>
>>993049
No you stupid little cunt I'm literally in Eugene and it MAY rain 24/7 but the air itself is still dry as fuck. The proof is the lack of stable temp. If it truly was as himid as you say, if rain equalled humidity(it doesnt) then when it got dark at night the temp would remain stable. In a humid area, such as Arkansas or Kentucky the temp changes 15 degrees AT MOST in the night. In Oregon you can expect a 25-35 degree drop literally at any location in the entire state regardless of the amount of rain.

It is a big fucking difference dude.
>>
>>993058
Dude, I live in Eugene too, and I grow mushrooms outdoors which requires close attention and measurement of both humidity and temperature. Humidity has been in the 90s all day, and is still in the 90s right now. On a day it doesn't rain you get humidity of 60-70. The temp only swung 15 degrees today, and the biggest predicted swing this week is only 23 degrees. The temp swings are from downwards air coming down the mountain, not humidity, and they are very consistent with the seasons.
>>
>>993060
Yes rain will force a hydrometer to register humidity at a high level.

It is a temporary thing though. In areas that are actually humid you will have 80% humidity and it hasn't rained in two weeks.

30 minutes after it's done raining in Oregon you'll read 15%-30% humidity.

Rain gives a false reading. H2O as a gas has such a different behavior than as a liquid this really isn't something you can disregard when considering where you want to live.
>>
>>993064
That just isn't true. we have basal humidity of 50-60% humidity for days and days after rain.
>>
This humidity argument is hilarious.
Yeah it's rarely a muggy day, but there's still humidity.
>>
>>993074
People from Oregon literally have no tolerance whatsoever for the humidity of the South.

They do nothing but complain about how they can't breathe.

Oregon has some of the least polluted air, and also some of the dryest. It flows into you lungs easier than almost any air anywhere else on Earth.

Because of this the best runners in the world are created here. If Oregon was humid this wouldn't occur.
>>
>>993078
I've always found it funny how people in Oregon bitch about the rain until we get the first 85+ degree day and then we're all "Ugh, fuck this shit."

Also, what's everyone's favorite hike in the state? I'll be doing the Three Sisters loop in June for the third time and I'm fucking pumped.
>>
>>993080
Dude go hiking the alpine trail outside of West Fir, or do some rogue river trails.

Eugene will have a trail that connects all the way to the PCT in the next few years. Also they're almost done with a 800 mile mountain bike trail.
>>
>>991309
Love the view, hate the people.
>>
>>991986
>You wont find violent crime in oregon, just drug addicted thieves that want a free life.
My sister worked at some fuckin' hippie granola shop, and one night some tweakers got on the roof, ripped off the compressors for their coolers, and stole all the copper wire out of them.
$3000 in damage for maybe 100 bucks worth of copper. Fuck tweakers.
>>
>>993078
Can confirm.
I moved here from Kansas because I hated the summer humidity. I love the cold and rain.
>>
>>993078
We have cold humidity, the south has hot humidity. Humidity is not uncomfortable when it is cooler out. We definitely have arid summers with extremely low humidity for a long spell, but the rest of the year we have high humidity, which is one of the reasons we experience such diversity in fungi. At this point it literally isn't even something debatable, I have actual measurements of the humidity that I check bi-weekly, and can confirm that except for summer, we rarely drop below 40%.

Also, the valley floor only has clean air after a rain. In the winter we have terrible smog pollution from wood burning stoves, and in the summer/spring pollen fucks everyone over. The valley traps up any airbornes and they get piled up on the southern end of the basin.
Our air isn't the worst, but it definitely isn't ultra pure. (we get brief fresh as fuck spells in heavy rain though)
>>
>>993088
Yeah, I would say tweakers are one of the worst parts of Oregon. In small towns like Cottage Grove we get bike-crime, where people on bikes fly by and grab stuff without even getting off. They get super bold when they know people on foot cannot catch them.
>>
>>993091
My sister lives out by Cave Junction. It's like if the wild west had meth...
There's no cops whatsoever, those fucking lunatics voted their budget into oblivion.
>>
>>993093
Seriously. I am really glad that the tweakers mostly stick to petty theft, and only break into shops/sheds, not houses. They aren't too violent to anyone but eachother either.
>>
>>993096
It's because Oregon is a pretty well-armed state despite being Blue. Even here in Portland I was pleasantly surprised how many of my neighbors have guns.
>>
File: OR2A_Sticker_Orange.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
OR2A_Sticker_Orange.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>993098
Just got this for my car
>>
>>991625
>>991689
>>992029
You're all just a bunch of fucking whiners who can't handle any form of adversity.
>>
File: DSC_201.jpg (4MB, 3020x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_201.jpg
4MB, 3020x2000px
>>992513
Or, if it gets really cold, the clouds get low enough to make the valley look just as empty.
>>
File: DSC_0221_1s.jpg (2MB, 3001x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0221_1s.jpg
2MB, 3001x2000px
Lots of sagebrush on the east side if you're into that.

Central Oregon is nice, but Bend is full to the brim with wealthy Californians who want to go outside sometimes with the most expensive gear they can find.
>>
File: 7063386867_e6a37b719e_o.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
7063386867_e6a37b719e_o.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
And, of course, the edges of the Willamette Valley, in all their lush glory.
>>
>>992029
lol I'm in California and within 3-4 years I plan on moving to Alaska, rural land though, buy 4-5 acres and build a cabin, hunt and fish.
>>
File: VR.jpg (828KB, 748x1003px) Image search: [Google]
VR.jpg
828KB, 748x1003px
>>991309
oregon belongs to chinese?

check it out: g.cn
>>
>>993113
Sure, let everyone know you're a gun nut. Shit made me cringe so hard I need a wheelchair now.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.