[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here on /out/ likes to hunt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: oryx2.jpg (349KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
oryx2.jpg
349KB, 1024x683px
I just drew for deer, elk and oryx this year, and am fucking stoked. This is better than Christmas for an 8 year old. It's going to take weeks to wipe the smile off of my face.
>>
>>990959
Me, I know that feeling anon.
>>
>>990993
I know. I've already been told to eat aids infected dicks by somebody who didn't draw. I had an 85% chance of drawing at least one and a 2.2% chance of drawing all three. I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket now.
>>
Why are you stoked about drawing pictures of game animals
>>
>>991004
Who doesn't love the feel of creating art? Especially /out/-related art?

>>990959
I've seen oryx on privately-owned ranches, but wasn't aware that any place actually had a system for them.
>>
>>990959
Where did you draw an oryx tag?
>>
Spring black bear hunt starts in 5 days, I'm going to give archery a try this season. I'm baoting with used fryer grease from a fast food restaurant, a few squirrel carcasses, and some rotting fish parts. Any bait tips from /out/?
>>
>>991032
>Any bait tips from /out/?
Ask about global warming
Or privatizing land
Or batonning
Or one brand of gear versus another brand of gear
Or how to shit in the woods

Seriously though, that seems like good bait. It's high calorie and really smelly.
>>
File: r83WAmU.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
r83WAmU.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>991048
>global warming
If you aren't an ardent enviromentalist you aren't an /out/ist. Whatever the reality of global warming enironentalism and conservation are top priorities.
>Or privatizing land
In Canada the Crown land system works well, in America public land should reman public and federally controlled, with sustainable and minimal invasive harvesting of resources allowed.
>Or batonning
The hatchet is literally one of the oldest tools known to hominids, stop using knives.
>Or how to shit in the woods
From your bum, into a small hole, away from water source and campsite.
>>
>>991048
those are good.

i've watched people use the outdoors magazine articles about putting black people in clothing catalogs work really well too.
>>
File: justin trudeau fidel castro.jpg (68KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
justin trudeau fidel castro.jpg
68KB, 600x960px
>>991032
what are you going to do with the pelt?
>>991062
if only you used better punctuation, I would have agreed with you, but alas, your RP as a leaf was disingenuous, and attempted to relate conservationism with global warming
>>
>>991272
Most likely a bear skin rug but if it's a really unique or large bruin I might go for a half or full mount.
>>
>>991032
Here's some bait...
>Acktshually, I only hunt for trophy mounts and the thrill of the chase. I never eat the meat.
>>
>>991062
>In Canada the Crown land system works well,
Not when it comes to reforestation incentives.
>>
>>991025
>>991027

They introduced them and kudu into New Mexico back before I was alive. They have them mostly on the White Sands Missile range, where most hunts are a once in a lifetime. I drew an off range hunt, so I get a whole month. It's a ~$1,600 tag for non-residents, however.

They are some tasty critters though.
>>
>>991429
Forgot: The kudu didn't make it though.
>>
>>991429
Are they wild or is it a high fence harvest thing?
>>
>>991329
That's really not that bad actually, as long as you donate the meat to a program that feeds the poor. Wanton waste laws often force the point anyway.
>>
>>991330
Probably should have said "in New Brunswick." I'm not really sure how it works in other provinces. We certainly don't have a forestation problem here though
>>
>>991594
They're wild. The once in a lifetime hunts are might as well be guaranteed for anybody who isn't a retard and who will settle for something less than a perfect 42" trophy, but the off range hunts are actually pretty difficult. They blend in better than the native species visually, and they see you from a looooong damned way away.
>>
>>991660
A wild orxy hunt now near the top of my bucket list
>>
Just shot the new rifle that is going to be used on all three hunts today the first time. AR-10 chambered in .260 Rem with a 24" semibull. I need to do more load development, but I did find a load that shot .75 MOA with me behind the trigger. It should be a half minute rifle if I do my job right.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.