[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gear critic. Gear questions. Gear. Kit. Stuff.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: goingwalking.jpg (4MB, 2568x2040px) Image search: [Google]
goingwalking.jpg
4MB, 2568x2040px
Off to walk 260 miles tomorrow. Here's what I am taking:
1. Clothes - pair of boxers, pair of socks, base layers(top and bottom), shorts
2. Sleep - Nemo zor mat, snugpack tactical 2 bag
3. Wet weather - Gortex shell, pertex shield trousers, hat
4. Water - 3L bladder
5. Towl
6. Warm jacket - primaloft gold
7. Shelther - shangrlia 3, oooknest
8. Misc - Maps, snuff, knife, lighter, spare rubble sacks
9. Food - 4 days. 2500 kcal a day. Oats, cheese, jerky, fruit and nut, snickers
10. Cooking - trangia burner, titanium pot and spork, 500ml of meths, home made wind sheild
11. Medical stuff - plasters, tiger balm, tooth brush, tooth paste, blister plasters
12. Stuff - Paracord, batteries, head torch, tenacious tape, film
13. Electris - Smarth phone, power pack, usb cable, headphones
14. Worn - boxers, socks, trousers, shirt, fleece
Base weight - ~8kg
Total weight - ~15kg
Going to restock on the 4th day and carry 2-3 days food at a time after that.

This isn't all about me so post your stuff.
>>
File: goingwalkingA.jpg (3MB, 2532x2001px) Image search: [Google]
goingwalkingA.jpg
3MB, 2532x2001px
>>990932
Forgot to resize the picture. Here it is without all the annoying numbers. Also it all fits nicely in a 45L rucksack.
>>
fair warning this board is not the best avenue to ask for a critque. theres too big of a spread between the bushcrafters and the light weight packers, so you get a lot of trolls.

you could probably do without the paracord, batteries tape and film. if you have a smart phone just use that for pictures. otherwise youre probably good. have fun
>>
>>990939
Heh, nice thanks. I'm not after serious critic, I just enjoy the mud people fling here. However, sometimes someone pops up with a decent suggestion. I've got the tenacious tape (it's a tiny amount) just because all these new fangled lightweight materials are too easy to rip for my liking.
>>
>>990932
>snuff
100% disgusting. otherwise it looks good.
>>
>>990952
oh shit i thought op meant american dip cause its in a can. but thats viking nasal snuff that shit puts hair on your peaches, thick n moist.
>>
>>990952
>>990956
Never enjoyed dip, I do like snus when I can get it, but for the time being a good noose full of Viking Dark gives me the clean feeling hit of nicotine I desire. Plus it means for the rest of the day you can pick out big, black boogers. Good hiking activity.
>>
File: tubbies.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
tubbies.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>990932
>2017
>Not carrying at least four tactical survival teletubbies
>>
File: t3_4ldemt.gif (2MB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4ldemt.gif
2MB, 250x273px
>>991001
Woah. I need to go back to the drawing board.
>>
>>991001
fucking tubby poster
>>
>>991102
This is the newest /out/ meme. Embrace it or be assimilated!
>>
>>991001
>>991112
Oh shi-

WTB teletubbies so I can be cool too. Are other TV characters acceptable currency?
>>
>>991122
Teletubbies are ideal, though other ones work as well. Boobah is gonna be your next best bet, followed by Yo Gabba Gabba. Make sure you only ever carry one of each though. More than one may upset the balance and bring about armageddon.
>>
>>991001
I cringe at the thought of a grown ass adult by himself in the woods posing his dolls on a scenic view to take a picture because he has nobody else to be in his pictures with him.

It would be uncomfortable to witness in a city park, let alone in the middle of nowhere.

A selfie stick is about 11 points less mlp
>>
>>991317
That's why people do it. We feed off of your social discomfort.
>>
File: Backpack tubbies.jpg (164KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Backpack tubbies.jpg
164KB, 1136x852px
>>991317
I'm not by myself. My gf is with me.
>>
Can anybody who uses pertex stuff give me their impression and performance compared to similar products?
>>
>>991611
20,000mm waterproof, softer than goretex and packs relatively small. Not as breathable as event or dryq elite. There are two types, pertex shield and shield plus. Pertex shield performs like a more durable gore paclite, at the expense of being a bit sweaty. Pertex shield plus breathes well tho, about as good as normal 3l goretex.
>no other pertex materials are waterproof

>>990932
Madting setup but only 2500 calories a day on the pennine way sounds like a shit time
>>
Gonna be headed out next month for a few days. Just car camping because the ball and chain will be with me.
I'm a hammock guy and I have one for the wife but I'm not sure if she's going to like sleeping in it so we are thinking about replacing our old tent.

We are looking at maybe getting a Kelty Salida 2. All of the reviews look good and it will fit both of us and our little doggo. She wanted to go the cheaper route but I'd rather just shell out the extra cash and get a quality tent that we wont have to replace in a few months.

Anyone have any personal experiences with it?
>>
>>991726
No 2 Person tent is "comfortable" for 2 people. It's merely the minimum size you'd need.

If you're bringing wife, doggo, and ANY gear inside with you, minimum of a 3 person tent.
>>
>>991001
alright, someone post it

you know you want to
>>
>>990932
What backpack are you stuffing all of this in?
>>
File: Dipsy backpack.jpg (567KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Dipsy backpack.jpg
567KB, 750x750px
>>992044
>What backpack are you stuffing all of this in?
>>
>>992151
I'd stuff her backpack
>>
>>991698
Yeah starting to realise that I'm going to need more than 2500 calories, will up it from today, starting with a pint in this conveniently place pub.
>>992044
Some Montane thing, it's ok but heavy but I'd sing comfy on my back
>>
>>991611
>>991698

yeah pay attention to his green text.

I am a big fan of pertex.

>pertex windshirt for summer
>pertex UK PCS fleece smock for autumn and spring
>pertex and pile Montane smock for winter

Lightweight, breathable, and very windproof. It is my favourite mid layer for hiking and wear it in 95% of conditions.
>>
File: Po backpack.jpg (51KB, 570x612px) Image search: [Google]
Po backpack.jpg
51KB, 570x612px
>>992292
>>
>>990932

Would suggest some kind of water treatment or filtration.

I like my sawyer bag water filter but I also carry tablets.
>>
>>992540
Luckily you're never a day away from a tap on the pennine way. However, it's all been called off earlier than I thought and my thru has been turned into a section due an old knee injury rearing it's ugly head.

This now a "how to deal with your trek being ruined by something annoying" thread.

Any one dealt with that feeling of worthlessness when your body craps out on you?
>>
>>991611
These pertex shield trousers are awesome! Would have to be careful around brambles and the like as it is thin and soft! But it's kept me during and breathes really well!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.