[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you're a manlet would it be a good idea to buy the women's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Born_to_feel.jpg (58KB, 717x837px) Image search: [Google]
Born_to_feel.jpg
58KB, 717x837px
if you're a manlet would it be a good idea to buy the women's version of a backpack because of your smaller frame?

a-asking for a friend
>>
Buy whatever's comfy and works for you. There's no quality difference between mens and women's equipment. As long as its not pink you shouldnt have any issues with image.
>>
>>990534
I own a woman's backpack.
>>
5'7" manlet. Men's bags are perfectly fine. They usually are larger too so you can stuff more shit in them.
>>
>>990534
I worked in a outdoors gear shop and most of the time we just placed the "men" and "women" backpacks in the same spot. Chicks just buy the flashy ones and guys want to look like commandos.
>>
>>990534
5'8" manlet here, back length isn't a problem, waist size is. Not many pack manufacturers make packs with waistbelts that can be cinched down to fit 28". Luckily Osprey size Small does, otherwise I'd be shopping for childrens packs.
>>
>>990534
Go to REI and get yourself measured. Most men's packs come in a Small.

The problem with a lot of women's backpack is the hip belt shape/sizing.
>>
Sometimes. But women's hip belts are shaped way differently

Same goes for shoes. IT not really gender. IT more that men tend to have broader feet and narrower heel.
My running shoes for example are technically women's shoes
>>
>>990534
Unless you're very tiny a normal man's backpack should be fine, the vast majority of height difference between men is in the legs. Look at a group of guys sitting down sometime, even if there's a big difference in standing height they will almost always be within an inch of eachother while sitting.

>>990748
I'm a manlet (1,70m/5'7") but wear a men's size 10.5 shoe, my 1,84/6' dad wears a size 9.

The one place where I have found a youth or woman's product beneficial is in archery. I use a Diamond Infinite Edge by Bowtech. The shorter axle to axle length, smaller hand grip, and very adjustable draw length (I pull 27") are usually marketed to women and teens but are perfect for manlets too while still having the draw weight to hunt very large game like moose or elk.
>>
>>990534
I use the same pack I've had since I was in middle school. It's just a men's small size pack. It fit me from 5'5" to 5'11" just fine.
>>
>>990534

what the fuck does a woman's version backpack even constitute

straps to accomodate large breasts?? hot pink nylon ripstop??

just get the mans bag and suck it up, i've seen 5'2 latina females carry rucksacks the size of their entire upper body with plate carriers on
>>
>>990681
I have a similar problem with cheap long sleeve shirts. Turns out everyone my height and poor is a fatty.
>>
>>990768
>I'm a manlet (1,70m/5'7") but wear a men's size 10.5 shoe

Hobbit detected :^)
>>
>>990779
I dunno anon. 50" waist jeans only come in a 28" inseam at the Walmart. It's like they expect the fatter you are the more of a midget you must be.
>>
>>990778
Former /out/fitter here. The big difference between men's and women's packs is the way hip belt and shoulder straps are cut. Women tend to have wider hips and narrower shoulder and men vice versa, and the harnesses are cut to reflect that.

If a guy is just a manlet, I wouldn't put him in a women's pack. I'd put him in a men's small or a youth pack.

Youth packs like the Gregory Wander and Osprey Ace have expandable harnesses because they're designed to grow with the kid well into teen years. A short/skinny adult would have zero trouble fitting into one.

Hell, I managed to squeeze into an Osprey Ace as a gag and I'm 6ft tall with a 19in torso, 36 waist and 44 chest. All the straps were maxed out, but I did it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.