[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey yall. I was interested in doing ALASKAN CRAB FISHING this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0514.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0514.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Hey yall. I was interested in doing ALASKAN CRAB FISHING this winter. Anybody actually done it? I know it's tough. I wana know about getting a job, tips etc. X
>>
>>990108
Watching the Deadliest Catch marathon today?
>>
>>990108
Are you a convicted felon? I'm pretty sure that is a job requirement.
>>
>>990108
Is this a meme? I'm kind of new to /out/ and I was unironically going to sign up for it.
>>
You're no Steve Climber OP
>>
Fucking Deadliest Catch marathons.

OK fags, Alaskan here.

You're not just going to show up at Dutch Harbor and get on a crab boat for the winter season without some previous commercial fishing experience.

Do a couple summer seasons salmon or halibut fishing first. Or spend a year working dockside jobs in Dutch.
>>
>>990998
How is the pay for those kinds of things?
>>
>>991037
Dock stompers and processors get paid hourly and it depends on what you do. Processors usually make about $10/hr plus over time and a little bonus at the end of the season. More skilled jobs like equipment operator, fueler, etc make more.

Boat crews get paid a share of the haul, so how much you make depends on the size of the boat, the percentage offere, the skill of the captain and the size of the run. The salmon season is June-August and a good average haul for a new deckhand would be around $15k. But last summer the salmon run was really low so even the seasoned crew guys that I know only made $7-$10k.

But if what you really want is to crab fish, the goal during salmon season is to meet captains and establish your reputation as a guy who shows up and works hard.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.