[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southern Protips!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Texasisforfags.png (30KB, 662x382px) Image search: [Google]
Texasisforfags.png
30KB, 662x382px
Thread dedicated to being /out/doors in the south, its hot AND humid, you know who you are... get in here and give visitors some incite on what its like.

first protip, if you're going to be outside either working or playing, keep a cooler UNDER your car filled with ice.

second protip, use a 1 or 5 gallon plastic ziplock bag to throw a t-shirt and a pair of underwear in. after coming back soaked in sweat, a fresh cold dry t-shirt and underwear are a godsend.

third protip, drink water, lots of it when in the sun.

Fourth protip, unless you know some darkies are gonna try to steal from your car, or its going to rain; leaving the windows down while you are out saves you from having to run your cars AC extra hard, and you from burning your hands on the steering wheel, or seat belts. having a windshield sun deflector is good too if you're going to not use the car in two or more hours.

To keep stuff from going missing, lock the glove box, and unplug the trunk switch, even if someone gets into your car, as long as you don't leave anything in the cabin, nothing can be easily walked off with. or if you don't want it stolen take it with you.

fifth protip; not all sand is created equally, please stay in the parking lots or on grass patches.

Source-florida native my whole life.
>>
I guess sixth protip from me, is if you're visiting florida, and want to go to a beach, and you're probably going to stay at a hotel near a populate tourist beach, then find a beach that is a state park, you have to pay to park, but paying the park means the nigs and spics aren't going to be there panhandling or trying to sell you tickets to DA CLUB DOWN TEH STREET. it's worth the 10 dollars, trust me...
>>
>>990064
Most of that is c omplete bullshit. Open the doors form10 minutes while you drink/change ect. No need to leave your windows open at a trail head. Unless you enjoy feding hobos.

An actual southerner here. Carry a poncho. Either its gonna rain all day, in which case break out rain gear or take a break day, or it's going to rain 30 minutes. Which is where the poncho is key. Also a poncho is a tarp

Bug repellent+ sun screen. Aveno makes an ok one that you can buy anywhere but the best is avon skin so soft. Ask you're mom she knows a lady.
>>
>>990080
I have to disagree with a poncho, carrying an extra t-shirt and undies is better. just get rained on if you're just being outdoors, you sweat to death in a poncho here. as it rains for maybe an hour, mid day, doesn't cool anything off, just makes shit steamy. TBQH never had an issue with homeless, but then again, where I drive into I'm normally parking my motorcycle/car into the bushes anyway. worst thing to happen is a roach flies in, or a spider ends up inside...
>>
OP sounds 15, but anyway.... I've switched to permethrin for insect deterrence. It's a spray that you put on your clothing and allow to dry. It's then good for six weeks or six washes. Less smell with it and I've found it much more effective for keeping away ticks. Still using a little deet around my face and neck, but with pants, socks, and shirt treated it has been very good. YMMV
>>
Okie transplant here.
What can I say about camping in Oklahoma?

>Stay hydrated

>Watch out for ticks and snakes

>Red dirt and white clothing does not mix well

>Never pull Superman's cape

>Never piss uphill
>>
>>990123
Were you super bothered before by the bugs landing on your clothes?
>>990168

Snakes are the best worry in this thread.
>>
>>990102
>idiots like me.
>you're the one throwing personal insults
>you can't even have a conversation without making yourself mad.

Remember if you meet more then 2 assholes a day. The problem is you. This applies to your assumption as to "whats wrong with this board." you have the option to leave like any one of us. So scurry on.
>>
>>990064
Main protip: If you can't stand the heat, get outta da kitchen.
>>
>>990064
>>990068
>>990168
>Florida
>Oklahoma
>The South

Lolno
>>
File: sand spurs.jpg (15KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
sand spurs.jpg
15KB, 240x240px
>>990080
>>990123
I use Ben's 100% DEET and will never look back. If you don't know the nightmare that is chigger bites, then I envy you.

Pic related are sand spurs, watch where you step when barefoot.
>>
>>990210
Its not 1870s any more kiddo..
>>
>>990102
Nobody carries a poncho down here, except linemen and cops. The most breathable poncho or rainwear will have you completely soaked in your own stink after 15 minutes.

Rain means either you get to cool off for a minute, or go home.
>>
Yo. Anybody fishing the Gulf for Easter?
>>
>>990211
Yes, the chiggers. Pretty sure the only way to cure chigger itch is with a sharp knife and a blowtorch. It's one of the few things I'll let slide if employees call in because of it. It's either that or I have to watch my guys scratch their taint through the halls every 5 minutes.
>>
>>990123
>>990210
What's the big difference between DEET and permethrin anyway? Only reason I'm asking is I just threw down 4 large for a big 3 season tent and I want an alternative to DEET since it has a habit of anally raping plastics like none other.
>>
>>992154
meant >>990211
>>
Where can I camp in Florida? Like where can I just go into the woods and do my own thing? Never been camping before.
>>
>>990064

I so much love living in the Southwest.
>>
>>990064
>Source-florida native my whole life.
You don't live in the south, friendo. And neither do Texans.
>>
>>992133
>>
Texas reporting in

snakes are your homies

sunscreen is disgusting and is for weekenders who want to wear hooker clothes

wear cotton, feels good when you're sweaty

drinking water is good, schedule your travels based on rate of consumption vs water available, but honestly, milk is better

breath through sweaty clothes if you run out of water

watch out for mountain lions if you're traveling at night, also, those dirty nigger hogs, I prefer armadillos.

>>992700
agreed
>>
>>992154
Permethrin is applied to gear and clothing. You cant put it on your skin. It's really good for ticks and does help with skeeters, but not as good as deet. It would probably work well on a tent.
>>
If I see Kentucky left out of another southern thread I swear to god I'll knock my other sister up
>>
>>994725
Frankly. Most people sperg out enough over florida and texas being "southern" states. Despite literally being the southern most part of the 50 states...
>>
>>994748
The term isn't really geographic, but cultural.
>>
>>992203
Florida's big mate. Pull it up on google maps, find the green spots near you, and if it says state park or state forest you can probably camp there. You might have to drive pretty far depending, politicians are trying their best to make florida a concrete jungle.
>>
>>992203
>>994870
yeah florida camping is kinda lame along with florida hiking. Unless you love sandy pine forest with thick palmetto underbrush, or literal swamp.
>>
>>994870
So I don't have to camp at a campsite?
>>
Are there any good woods to hike and camp in FL? I fucking hate swamps, and beaches.
>>
>>994988
It depends which park you want to camp, like everywhere else. But I never because all the parks especially along the coast that used to be scenic now suck because they're basically glorified trailer parks and you'll be stuck in between two families with 3-5 screeching children, 2 badly behaved dogs, watching tv as loud as they can every night. All the good camping now is dispersed, primitive, or in some way hard to access because it prevents the normies from coming in droves and ruining it for everyone. Every park has a different policy some don't require anything, some require permits or fees, some require reservation of primitive (hike-in) spots, if you go car camping you're going to have to pay out your ass to reserve a spot next to the trailer trash. Google it before you go. If you're new to the outdoors just go car-camping but make sure you're in a tent only loop or you're going to have a bad time.

>>994995
Fucking read >>994870
The only reason FL has any good parks left is because idiots like you can't find them
>>
File: Screenshot_20170416-122142.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170416-122142.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>990064
Protip:covered in poison ivy hunting mushrooms. Go to woods to find money, spend money on shot instead...

North Oklahoma border
>>
>>994997
Pretty sure we have no fucking good parks.
>>
>>990211
Goat heads
>>
>>992861
This guy actually gets it
>>
Tennessee here.
Unless If you're immune, poison ivy can be very common when hiking or camping. Carry a bar of cheap soap with you so you can wash yourself in a creek or lake after walking around in the shit. If you wash it off within an hour or two you should be good. Change clothes and was them as well.
>>
>>994783
Your culture died when they let gays marry.
>>
>>995215
k
>>
>>995215
If your culture is that weak then it deserves to be stamped out.

In a world where women are being brainwashed by feminism and HAES I'll gladly take a shy, conservative trap rather than having to fork over my entire paycheck while I get cucked by tyrone for a pair of ovaries.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.