/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6

File: IKkW15u.jpg (290KB, 1884x1364px) Image search: [Google]
IKkW15u.jpg
290KB, 1884x1364px
Hello,
I will be camping for 2 weeks. I am wondering what type of tent I should find that is the cheapest without compromising strength. It must also be able to withstand rain and wind. Also looking for suggestions for sleeping(will get down to 40F)and any other items to make primitive camping more pleasant. Thinking of buying this solar panel charger. http://www.goalzero.com/p/11/nomad-7-solar-panel
>>
>>989270
NO.
CAMPING IS ONLY FOR THE MOST ELITE ATHLETES IN THE WORLD
AND ONLY WITH $280,000 WORTH OF GEAR, AND A WHOLE TEAM OF SUPPORT VEHICLES

AS A CITIZEN OF /OUT/ I MUST CAUTION YOU TO SUCH DANGER.

THIS IS REAL BIG BOY STUFF, KID. THE WOODS ISN'T A GAME.
>>
File: 1469787681966.jpg (219KB, 812x806px) Image search: [Google]
1469787681966.jpg
219KB, 812x806px
>>989282
OP, ANON IS CORRECT IN HIS ASSERTION THAT YOU WILL DIE AND KILL ALL THOSE WITH YOU IF YOU ATTEMPT THIS. YOUR PLAN IS FLAWED RIGHT FROM THE START. INAWOODS IS NO JOKE, THERE'S A BEAR IN THERE, A CHAIR AS WELL, PEOPLE WITH GAMES AND STORIES TO TELL.
>>
File: terre tubbis.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
terre tubbis.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
You're gonna need to carry at least 4 teletubbies with you at all times if you want to have even a small chance of surviving. Not only are they cheap, each one serves a different purpose.

Tinky Winky is a potent disinfectant. Useful for snake bites or poisonous flora.

Dipsy can purify any fresh water while also infusing it with electrolytes.

Laa-Laa works as a highly insulative ground pad or personal flotation device.

Po makes excellent tinder in wet conditions and can also be used to bludgeon small animals to death for food.

I use this rhyme to help me remember: "You're not Les Stroud's buddy unless you're totin' some tubbies."
>>
File: Dipsy in a plane 3.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Dipsy in a plane 3.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>989362
Hear, hear!
>>
File: 20170311151331_1.jpg (343KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170311151331_1.jpg
343KB, 2560x1080px
>>989270
Sleeping bag, a tarp, some cord and stakes. If you're in a wooded area, you don't even need the stakes. Hatchet and KABAR. Water. A mess kit. Some sardine tins. A compass. Know the wildlife, the route and where you are. Know land nav techniques. You don't need a solar panel. If you're set on spending money on basics, here's my bag:

Spec-Ops THE Pack (or whatever)
some bags of 550 cord
8'x10' waterproof tarp
Cammenga lensatic compass
Fiskars X11 hatchet
KABAR Short
Mexican blanket
USGI closed cell foam sleeping pad
USGI woodland camo woobie
Skillcraft 2Qt rubber canteen w/ strap & cover
Snow Peak titanium 30 oz pot w/ frying pan lid
steel multipurpose utensil
magnesium & steel fire starter
matches in a matchbox in a baggie
sunglasses / shemagh / baseball cap
finger-sized LED flashlight
silver chain, 3/4" silver Saint Benedict Medal
USGI holy bible

Remington 870 pump 12ga w/ sling and ~24 shells of slug and birdshot
>>
File: Useless.jpg (9KB, 204x201px) Image search: [Google]
Useless.jpg
9KB, 204x201px
>>989384
I wouldn't bring Dipsy or Po onto a United flight anon. I don't want to see viral video of them getting dragged off the plane by their antenna while screaming and bleeding from the face.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.