[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ pls help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2713.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2713.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Can anyone tell me what im looking at?
Eastern Michigan.
I assume wild onion or wild garlic

also, whats the likelihood of being able to transplant into a pot?
>>
>>989086
Probably a young Amianthium muscaetoxicum. If you want to pot it, you'll need to take about 2.5 gallons worth of soil in one big undisturbed clump. They like wooded areas so no direct sunlight. Don't eat it. You can use the crushed bulbs mixed with sugar to kill flies.
>>
I don't think its Amianthium muscaetoxicum, we've gotten these for a few years now and they don't get flowers like that plant. Cool info tho, ill definitely keep an eye out for that now.

It does have white bulbs that are layered like an onion too. Cant really smell anything from it though, I figure it might be too young for that.
>>
File: IMG_2707 IMG_2708'.png (767KB, 804x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2707 IMG_2708'.png
767KB, 804x347px
Pic related is one I dug up and a bulb I dissected
>>
>>989086
I got these in my backyard i think. If they will give purple flowers, you can eat the bulb. It tastes like a fuck, tho.
>>
>>989112
Hi, I'm in northern Illinois
I don't know what that is but I can tell you from the flower that it is not wild onion or garlic. The flower buds for both of those appear in a sheath that then pops open, not a naked cone like that. Also, wild onion leaves are flat, and not scooped out like those appear to. Wild garlic leaves are like long, narrow straws coming to a point, often with little curlicues at the ends. I also don't think it's amianthium muscaetoxicum (also known as fly poison) since i believe the leaves for that are creased along the center of the leaf and pointed, and again, not hollow. As for the bulb and the smell, a lot of things have bulbs, and that shouldn't make you think something is an onion. Most bulbs are layered like that. Trout lilies and lily of the valley have bulbs that look similar to wild onions and minus the fact that they don't have creased leaves, could easily be mistaken by a novice for wild leek, and while you can eat trout lilies, neither of those are onions, and if you eat lily of the valley it could be a one-way ticket to the hospital. I actually went picking onions yesterday, and they have only just recently started to come up where I am (also too early for flower stalks), maybe just last week was when I first saw them this year in my area. Being in Michigan, things are probably coming in even later for you. But I can tell you that even when they are new shoots, onions will smell like onions, especially at the size of whatever plant that is. The smell is probably your surest bet for identifying onions, actually, if all else fails. Did you consult any sort of guide? I really recommend that if you actually want to forage in the woods that you get some sort of field guide. Peterson's guide to edible plants is a pretty good start.
>>
>>989148
>>989086
Those are "grape hyacinth". Only some species of it are edible.
>>
>>989156
Oh shit man thanks for the info. I'll probably just watch them and see how they grow I suppose. won't risk eating them. And yeah my buddy loaned me his guide to edible plants for northeast America.
>>
>>989177
Idk it might be, cool looking plant tho. Not sure if I've seen those around here ever.
>>
>>989177
This is true.
>>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscari
>>
Thanks for the red pill guys.
I'll Just have to buy onions ;_;
I do get morels every year tho so I suppose there's that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.