[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electric bikes of /out/. I currently have a BBSHD with a 13ah,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

File: serveimage.jpg (337KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
337KB, 1280x960px
Electric bikes of /out/.

I currently have a BBSHD with a 13ah, 48 v battery. Terrific, I can climb almost anything.
>>
>>>/n/
>>
>>988882
why the fuck does every freshman engineering major cuck with a bootleg copy of CAD think they can fucking IMPROVE ON OVER 100 YEARS OF DESIGN AND REFINEMENT by fucking redesigning the bicycle and sometimes un-ironically re-inventing the fucking wheel? This bullshit makes 0 sense. Motherfuckers should maybe ride a bike or even just ask a few people who do what they would like to see improved. I can't get behind this cuck shit. Fuck you OP for posting this garbage.
>>
>>988942
But look how much better bikes are not than they were even just 20 years ago.
Innovation is wonderful
>>
>>988882
how do you steer that shit?
>>
>>989059
can't unsee
>>
>>988882
>>
File: fortuneo_0.jpg (63KB, 740x471px) Image search: [Google]
fortuneo_0.jpg
63KB, 740x471px
>>989002
Pic related is a bike used in the 2016 Tour de France. Objectively it is a very good bike. OP's cuck-mobile is some fantastical bullshit that makes no sense from a pragmatic or engineering stand point. If takes all that innovation you're talking about and tosses it in the toilet and pisses on it, and then it hops on it's macbook, opens up CAD and starts sniffing glue.
>>
>>988942
>>989169
>he doesn't realise that the regulations set on bicycles in cycling competitions have totally cucked innovation for 100 years.
It's not that hard to improve on the bicycle in that case.
>>
>>988923
I thought I told you to fuck off.
>>
>>989059
You don't

You just pedal your fedoracycle and the world turns around you.
>>
>>989351
I came here to post this.
Fucking arbitrary rules have stifled innovation for years. SAD
>>
>>989372
>>989351
Let's play a little game then? Name one feature of OP's bike that is an objective improvement over the TDF bike in picture above.

Arbitrary rules haven't stifled innovation. If that were the case mountain bikes wouldn't be a thing. BMX wouldn't be a thing. Carbon fiber, aluminium, new alloys of steel wouldn't be a thing. Hell, fat tire bikes came out of nowhere in the past few years and now even costco sells them. Ikea carries belt driven bikes now.

You cucks got nothing. Stop jerking off to CAD designs made by 17 year olds and ride a bike for once.
>>
>>989380
>Name one feature of OP's bike that is an objective improvement over the TDF bike in picture above.
Nobody in their right mind would steal it.
>>
>>989351
>It's not that hard to improve on the bicycle
Yeah it is. There's actually been lots of innovation in the last 100 years outside of UCI regulations, and at this point it's mature technology. Sure they have to keep coming up with gimmicks (like exploding carbon fibre wheels) to sell new bikes to dentists but the actual benefits are incremental if they exist at all. Incremental benefits are useful for top level racers, but not really for anyone else.

Pretty much the only big jump in progress I've seen since I got serious about riding around 1990 is in lights for night riding. Even disk brakes are really only a significant benefit to a small set of riders in specific conditions.
>>
>>989364
no hes telling you to fuck off, idiot. this is the wrong board go away
>>
>>989133
First thought I had.
>>
>>989584
I sorta see where you're coming from. Who really cares except for a hyper elite rider if they've got 10 or 11 cogs in the back right?

That said, I think there have been developments that have made it better on a whole. Easier manufacturing, and belt drive bikes to name a few. Up until like 2 years ago all bike wheels were still laced by hand!

Btw, can't say I agree with you on disc brakes. From every aspect of cycling they make a hell of an improvement. Better power, cleaner surface, cleaner action, longer lasting, no wear on rims, it just makes more sense.

IMO, major improvements have been stifled though through a lack of drive. If for some crazy reason Americans started using bikes as the main means of transport there would be an explosion of new developments- both useless and useful- on the scene.
>>
So which end goes up your ass?
>>
>>988882
How many watts the motor. I built a 1,000 watt walmart special. But lead batteries and my fat ass ruined it. Actuaky saving for a spot welder to build packs and got a moped front half. Oretty fucking excited. The meme machine will. BTFO faggot harleys at the biker rally.
>>
File: 1491816880984.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1491816880984.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
>>988942
Topkek. Its an ebike anon my fuck calm yourself.
>>
>>990101
You really need to stop drinking anon. Just because the state confiscated your license to drive doesn't mean you should start recklessly diving into e-bikes. Get your shit together, go to rehab, learn clean living habits, and take the bus.
>>
>>990103
So imagine your favorite food. Let's just say for argument's sake it's a burger. Now imagine you google "really delicious burger" or "nice burger pictures", and half of the pictures are fucking pictures of SHIT FORMED LIKE A BURGER. FUCKING TURDS. OR VOMIT BETWEEN TWO TURDS.

Let's then say, you go on /out/ where for some reason someone decided to start talking about burgers. They're sorta related right? You grill outside, burgers are good food for backyard cook outs. It really belongs on /ck/ but you're not going to get worried about that because, hey, it's your favorite food! EXCEPT THEY POST MORE PICTURES OF FUCKING DIARRHEA.IT MAKES NO SENSE. IT IS NOT A BURGER. IT IS NOT DELICIOUS. IT IS LITERAL SHIT. FUCK. THAT.
>>
File: collectible af.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
collectible af.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
>>990142
I think I know exactly from whence you are coming anon and I agree.
I will attempt to soothe your rage with this collectible mountain bike photo
>>
File: 212059-jade_raymond_and_team.jpg (136KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
212059-jade_raymond_and_team.jpg
136KB, 1280x853px
>>988942
>>990142
http://warxsnake.deviantart.com/art/Futuristic-bike-26205294

>WARxSnake
>I have been working for Ubisoft Montreal

This unironically explains everything.
>>
>>990154
Thanks bro. This is a picture that speaks a thousand words. Interesting design. Novel ideas- some worked, some didn't- all in all functional, aesthetic, and real.
>>990182
I fucking give up.
>>
>>989002
But bikes aren't much better than 20 years ago and in a some ways they are worse. Bike marketing would love you to believe that huge advances are being made but most of that is wank. To wit:
>electric shifting
>disk brakes
>carbon fiber
>disc wheels
>drivetrains with much more than a dozen speeds
>rear suspensions

That shit is all marketing wank. The safety bicycle's general design post about the late 30s when the cable operated derailer came into use, has been pretty much at its peak.

Look at speeds in races: when you account for widespread use of PEDs speeds have changed little, and those are impacted not only by the bikes but training and skin suits and race tactics and all that shit.

And in a lot of ways bikes have gotten worse. If you care about reliability or longevity a steel framed touring bike from the 80s work reliably forever with very little maintenance, while OPs bike a carbon race bike will be useless inside 10 years.
>>
File: mountain_2315044a-large.jpg (88KB, 720x449px) Image search: [Google]
mountain_2315044a-large.jpg
88KB, 720x449px
>>990240
We've got a retro-grouch here.
>Electric shifting
Something for elite riders. They like it so good whoppie-do
>Disk brakes
Last longer, brake better, brake better in shit weather, brake better with mud on rims, don't wear out rims, don't heat up rims, don't slip into tires and blow them out
>Carbon fiber
Got a bad wrap (lul, get it?) at the beginning, now the technology is way better understood. The new Boeing 777x has a by and large carbon fiber hull. It's the way of the future, just watch.
>Disc Wheels
Only ever intended for elite racers on the track. They actually do work pretty nicely in those circumstances.
>Drive trains with much more than a dozen speeds
It doesn't hurt anything, and elite riders like it so I don't see anything wrong. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's worthless.
>Rear suspensions
Muh hard tailz. Try doing a modern Down Hill mtb course, there's no way they could be finished at all without good rear suspension. It'd snap old bikes in half.
>One extra one
New steel alloys, lighter, more options for flexibility/stiffness/corrosion resistance. Even you could get behind this one.

I mean, if you want to talk about reliability I hear there's some penny farthings still banging around. No drive trains, no suspension, no fancy gears, no pneumatic tires- it's a dream!
>>
File: DSCN1283.jpg (161KB, 912x684px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1283.jpg
161KB, 912x684px
>>990240
>>990329
>shifting

Is that something yuppies do?
>>
>>990404
nice rear breek fgt
>>
>>990133
There is no bus. Buddies died to dui so i dont almost ever pilot the death machine. Trying to quit but bored and depressed. I knoe ebike is same as car. Buddy was in dui class with a guy that got one ona horse! Am really cutting back on the booze lately and have no hobbies. Work and drink all my life... ebikes are fun. Maybe build a few
>>
>>990142
Wow. Fuck me i guess....
>>
File: twobears.jpg (76KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
twobears.jpg
76KB, 960x540px
>>990418
lol dood I was joking about that. Best of luck to you in whatever you wanna do tho.
>>
>>989169
more aggressive HA and more rake in fork
slightly longer chainstays
lower BB
longer seat tube w/ the top tube connecting further up
lighter rims
a cassette with less range and fewer cogs
prettier crankset
a paint job that doesn't look like ass
a longer stem
a shorter chain
pedals with less stack
mechanical shifting
external cable routing
aero brakes
...anything else?
>>
I love it... but it'd be nice if you biking cucks would just drive on the road then if you can drive as fast as cars, rather then me attempting to speed up to go around you but I can't because YOURE ON AN ELECTRIC BIKE!
>>
>>991109
Anon i am getting dual 10" hub motors for my moped frame.

Building a drift trike. I may be sideways but i will be out of the way.
>>
>>988923
>>989364
/n/ here. /n/ is also the wrong board so fuck off. Electric bikes aka motorcycles belong on /o/. Fuck electric bikes.
>>
>>990406
It's illegal to only have one brake on your bike here. Not him btw.
>>
>>991825
And america is supposed to be the land of the free
>>
>>991783
Acktchually, that is a generalization. As there is a fine line between bicycle and electric powered cycle in your state lawbook. OPs mechanical dildo fits the latter, but is not a hobbyists ebike
>>
>>991825
Lol you're such a faggot. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I bet you never removed the tag from your mattress either HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAH
bWUAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>991883
>Acktchually,
Learn to spell
>As there is a fine line between bicycle and electric powered cycle in your state lawbook.
When did I suggest that I give a fuck about a 'state lawbook'?
>>
>>991095
lol, you're trolling but I don't give a shit.
>more rake in fork, more agressive HA
And put more lag in the steering? What happened to rigidity for a race bike? Do you like your steering to feel like fucking mud?
>lower BB
Have fun scraping that shit on everything. How do you know it's lower anyways? what the fuck does it matter with fork bullshit hanging lower for NO FUCKING REASON.
>lighter rims
notice how they're made out of pixels? I'd love to see those with the laws of physics applied to them. aerospokes and similar tri-spoke wheels at least had decently sized rims and wide spokes. These make absolutely no sense.
>Cassette
how do you know what the fuck is in there? How the fuck do you know what the fucker who jerked this off into CAD knew what was going to be in here? what the fuck do you know about internal hubs? fuck you.
>paint job
can't argue with you there. shit's hideous. but we're talking objective shit so let's keep it on topic.
>longer stem
?????? How does this make any sense? "lets take this modular system that's easy to work with that even the lamest of limp-dicked roadies who has a hex wrench can tailor to his needs and turn it in to a FUCKED UP BULLSHIT CAD COCK." Seriously. How does this thing make sense? All it does is compensate for shit frame design in the first place. It would snap so hard. It would have the worst control over the bike. It makes no sense.
>Shorter chain
does it now? how the fuck would you know that? how do you even know if it has a chain? what if the "designer" wanted it to be powered on the ejaculate that you make when you think about your wife getting fucked by BBCs?
>pedals with less stack
fucking COMON. Those pedals are an after thought. Pedals are easily swapped. it's like not buying a car because you don't like the seat covers.
tbd
>>
>>990406
never understood this fixie thing.
when i was a kid we had bikes with one gear and coaster brakes.
they were reliable simple safe and sufficient.
>>
>>991095
>mechanical shifting
What? what the fuck are you talking about? Oh wait, you didn't realize that the TDF bike has internally routed cables and you assumed it was DI2 shit huh?
>external cable routing
well, this is the second point I'll give you. It kinda sucks to work on, but if you're one of the best cyclists in the world you wouldn't give a fuck about that would you? Even then external shit is for the weak. Internal lasts longer and isn't that hard to work on if you know what you're doing.
>aero brakes
at least TDF bike has brakes lol. faggot.

Yeah. Maybe we could talk about adjustable saddles? Maybe we could talk about those faggot mud guards that don't do shit? maybe we could talk about how the tires as so thin there's no way they could provide enough shock absorption to deal with the rigidity of the rim which would cause fatigue? How about "soft tails" and the fact that this shit is just a reversed version that ignores all the benefits?

Come back when you've got something to actually say you dumbass baiting pos.
>>
>>991946
If this was a thing then they'd be riding single speed coasters on tracks. Way more control with fixed.
>>
>>991951
it's the other way around you get more control with a coaster break for everyday use. on a track you don't need breaks that much or at all that's different. the weight difference is a couple of grams take a piss before the race you win more weight.
>>
>>990329
>We've got a retro-grouch here.
Retro grouches speak from experience.
>>
>>991946
>never understood this fixie thing.
Fixies are fun and sometimes challenging to ride. What else is there to understand? I hated the hipster fixie fad when it happened but I still liked riding my fixie so I put a back brake on it and pretended it was just a singlespeed.
>>
>>991976
Coaster brakes are objectively shit. Almost all your stopping power comes from the front brake.
>>
File: endurobike.jpg (159KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
endurobike.jpg
159KB, 700x500px
Building one of these from a kit. Didn't realize going in that it uses totally different standards of components than the bikes I'm used to, so it's been burdensomely expensive. I hope it's worth it when it's finished.
>>
>>992215
I just want one of those tiny secret motors that slide down your seat tube (no homo) that the pros supposedly use.
>>
>>992229

...How would that even work? Where does it connect to the wheel?
>>
>>992215
Oh it will be. Any problems post in diy and i will help ya
>>
>>992198
nigger the coaster won't stop you as fast as a frontal break, but i spent my entire childhood on coaster bikes and if i couldn't stop fast enough i wouldn't be here.
>>
>>992585
oh and one more thing, almost all stopping power comes from the frontal brake when you use it. if you only use the rear break all your stopping power comes from that. weird huh? and guess what it will stop you just the same.

only on hard down slopes mountain-biking you really need a frontal break where it works in concert with the telescopes to turn your momentum into heat and better stick to the ground. in the city it's all the same, and you won't be mountain-biking with a fixie. it would be suicidal.
>>
>>992588
>you won't be mountain-biking with a fixie
lol tell that to the dope on this thread with one.

anyways you fucking inbred retard, the reason you could stop with a coaster when you were a kid is because the contact you had with the ground was much greater when you consider how slowly you were going and how little you weighed. Try using a coaster brake on anything besides a fat tire bike and you'll have a hell of a time stopping the second you start going fast enough to have fun.

You'll skid through your shit faster too. You'll have a less efficient drive train. You have less control over the actual spinning of the wheel, and hence you have less control over the bike as a whole.

Coaster brakes are fucking lame. it immediately throws the tire into a skid. It's only on bikes for idiots who don't know how to ride fixed but want the simplicity of it, hence why it's only on children's bikes and beach bikes so drunk adults on vacation who probably haven't ridden in years.
>>
>>992667
>how slowly you were going
slowly huh? fucking retard you have no idea what you are talking about.
coasters will stop you fast enough for everyday use, i wouldn't use them on a trail, but they are ten times better and safer than a shit fixie.
>it immediately throws the tire into a skid.
the fuck are you talking about? have you ever used one?
>>
>>992667
>Try using a coaster brake on anything besides a fat tire bike and you'll have a hell of a time stopping the second you start going fast enough to have fun.
you know at this point it's impossible to take you seriously.
>>
>>992676
go fuck yourself. I can't believe that a grown ass man would care this much about shitty ass coaster brakes. I'll give you that a shit fixie is just that shit. But a decent fixed is worlds better than some coaster bullshit. Coaster brakes were invented in 1898. Why is it that no one EVER raced with one in all of professional cycling? Don't give me some bullshit about how it wasn't legal because it was.

Here's the goddamn wikipedia. Have fun realizing just how far your head is up your ass.

>Advantages and disadvantages[edit]
Coaster brakes have the advantage of being protected from the elements and thus perform well in rain or snow. Though coaster brakes generally go years without needing maintenance, they are more complicated than rim brakes to repair if it becomes necessary, especially the more sophisticated type with expanding brake shoes. Coaster brakes also do not have sufficient heat dissipation for use on long descents, a characteristic made legendary through events such as the 'Repack Downhill' race, where riders almost certainly would need to repack their coaster brakes after the grease melted or smoked due to the heat from lengthy downhill runs.[43]
>>
>>992699
A coaster brake can only be applied when the cranks are reasonably level, limiting how quickly it can be applied. As coaster brakes are only made for rear wheels, they have the disadvantage common to all rear brakes of skidding the wheel easily. This disadvantage may, however, be alleviated if the bicycle also has a hand-lever-operated front brake and the cyclist uses it. Another disadvantage is that the coaster brake is completely dependent on the chain being fully intact and engaged. If the chain breaks or disengages from the chainwheel and/or rear sprocket, the coaster brake provides no braking power whatsoever. Like all hub brakes except disc brakes, a coaster brake requires a reaction arm to be connected to the frame. This may require unbolting when the wheel is removed or moved in its fork ends to adjust chain tension.
>>
>>992699
>Why is it that no one EVER raced with one in all of professional cycling?
probably because you either use gears which won't really work with a coaster or you don't need no fucking breaks because you are running laps.

that simple. for everyday use they win hands down.
>A coaster brake can only be applied when the cranks are reasonably level
it's best to do it that way because if you also have to turn the pedals get in the way for the ground but meh, if you compare it to a fixie it has zero disadvantage.
>>
Fuck off to >>>/n/ all of you
>>
>>991932

>not knowing about the old ackchually meme
>>
>>992699
>Coaster brakes also do not have sufficient heat dissipation
again where the fuck will you ever meet that problem? the point is that you can stop when you have to stop in traffic better than with a stupid ass fixie. with a fixie you can either block the wheel and skid, you can try the idiotic jumping thing which is much the same i might add just with more traction and also you can do the same with coasters if it's your fetish, or you can try breaking with your leg which is very dangerous.

meanwhile with a coaster you apply some moderate pressure to the pedal backwards and stop in a perfectly safe manner in short order without the tire ever scraping the asphalt.

that's how they work. and in the event they don't you can still do the leg thing you would be forced on a fixie or jump off or whatever.

when i was a kid i thoroughly enjoyed the skid-break and did a lot of hard stops with skid turn. it's hard on the tires, but you don't actually have to do them, it's just fun.
>>
>>992716
They raced FIXED GEAR in the Tour de France and all other fucking races until the 50's you fucking idiot. NEVER did they use a goddamn coaster brake.

>it's best to do it that way
>A coaster brake can ONLY be applied when the cranks are level

yeah. I'd imagine that's so.
>>
>>992733
You have no idea how to ride a brakeless fixed gear do you?

Don't be insecure about it. It can be difficult to learn how to do. But once you learn how to do it you'll realize how in control you are and how much coaster brakes suck.

What you're claiming by saying coaster brakes are better is something like claiming bikes with training wheels are better because you won't fall over. Why does anyone ride without training wheels? Training wheels work really well for keeping you upright and for riding around. Its way to dangerous to ride two wheeled.
>>
>>992738
it's not the only way in fact the only position where you can't use a coaster very well is when the pedals are vertical. you can still do it but with less control and or strength.

>What you're claiming by saying coaster brakes are better is something like claiming bikes with training wheels are better because you won't fall over.
no that's not even remotely the same, training wheels don't let you use the bike to it's full potential as they interfere with turning coaster breaks don't interfere with shit they just let you break more easily and with less effort than any other break. they have limitations mostly come out in strong downhill, but a fixie would a 100 times sooner become your killer than a coaster.
>>
>>992748
you've got nothing cuck. you're all out of arguments. yur cornered.
>>
>>992796
my only argument ever was that the coaster is better than a simple fixed gear by orders of magnitude. especially for city use. when you add that we have coasters with integral gear hubs of 3-8 gears they really do feel like the pinnacle of evolution.
>>
>>992801
and your argument is wrong. you'll never have enough control over that bike to do anything besides slow casual riding on relatively flat ground. Those geared coaster brake bikes are rare because NOBODY RIDES THEM.

Grow up and grow a pair. If you're a casual cyclist then good on you but don't try telling people that your shit opinions are fact. Don't hate things that intimidate you and that you don't understand.
>>
>>992814
>you'll never have enough control over that bike to do anything besides slow casual riding on relatively flat ground.
jesus how stupid you are, fixies are even worse in every regard. coasters only expand what you can do with a bike. they are not fit for mountain bikes sure but they are miles better than shit crap fixies.
>>
>>992814
>Don't hate things that intimidate you and that you don't understand.
now you are just talking nonsense. you can1t let a fixie freeride, you can let a coaster freeride. which means it beats the shit out of the fixie on a slope. you can't gradually break with a fixie at high speeds you can break gradually at high speeds with a coaster. you can't replace your feet on the pedals if they slip off with a fixie with high speed riding buut sure can do on a coaster. it's just better plain and simple.

sure you will stop faster with a good frontal break than a coaster simply because of the weight distribution when breaking. but if you don't need to stop that fast you can just skip the handwork keep the handle firmly gripped with all fingers not tire your hand with constant breaking.

basically it all boils down to coasters being the same when you pedal and incomparably better when you break or just let it rip downslope.
>>
>>992828
On what basis?

Fixed
-more efficient
-cheaper
-simpler
-ultimate control (you pedal backwards it goes backwards, you pedal forwards it goes forwards, you can feel how much traction you have way better than any other bike because you are directly in contact with the wheel's motion at all times.)

Coaster
-complicated to work on
-very basic on/off type control
-if you don't maintain them then you get this delayed response time
-you have to use a wide tire (no 700c for you)

Why are there multiple manufacturers of fixed gear mountain bikes but no manufacturers of coaster brake mountain bikes? Why do bike messengers ride fixed gears and not coaster brakes? Why do track racers race fixed gears and not coaster brakes? Why was it that for decades after it was invented, all serious riders never used coaster brakes and used fixed gear? Why is it to this day coaster brakes are relegated to casual bikes?

All you've got left is your lack of experience and your little ego to protect at all costs. You've lost. You keep repeating the same shit points without explaining them in the slightest- because you can't.
>>
>>992838
sounds like someone had a very scary time on his first fixie ride. Will you point to where the bad bike touched you?

lol. all these reasons are the reason many decades worth of top tier cyclists chose to ride over the alps on....?
>>
>>992842
and to me riding a fixie sounds like cutting one of your hand off because you can still learn to do everything with one hand. its the sort of purposeful handicap normal people shouldnt do.
>>
>>992896
the fixed is the original bike. coasters are the fucking wierd failure offspring.

you've got nothing. all you can blubber is how dangerous it is. maybe for you its difficult and dangerous. that doesnt mean its a bad idea
>>
>>992900
no the original bike had a giant front wheel and a tiny back wheel with direct propulsion on the frontal wheel no chains.
>>
>>993110
...and were they able to coast on these "direct propulsion" bikes? Could you pedal backwards to go backwards? Would you say that, even without the chain, the gears were... fixed?

You really don't know how to admit you're wrong.
>>
>>993121
no my argument was in the evolution of bikes coaster is a huge improvement to the primitive designs before it and its not even true that the fixie was the original bike design just an outdated intermediate step.
>>
>>993144
You're not using facts. You're not using arguments. You're not using logic. Every argument you've presented I've debunked. I've made it clear that your points are baseless shit. In the very least, I've at least made it clear to you that your points- few they be- are something contested and not the absolute truth.

On the other hand, I've presented the argument from many different angles. I've fucking told you many different ways, mechanically, historically, experientially, logically and you refuse to even try to argue against these. You want to know why you don't? Because you CAN'T. You don't have shit left except your tiny pecker ego and you're completely unwilling to see that you fucked up and that you're wrong and that maybe there's a bigger world out there than your shitty little beach cruiser universe that takes you down to Wendy's for tendies and back.

How about you get over the fact that you bought a fixed. You fell for the cheap fixie fad bullshit and now you're bitter. You're bitter because you see videos of guys who ride and ride well and you can't. You had a scary time or two, you tried to rectify it by reinstalling the brakes, but still never got the hang of it. Now you don't ride anymore. Maybe you sold the shit on craigslist, maybe you gave it to a friend, maybe it's still sitting in the hallway of your shitty apartment, a constant reminder of some dreams and an identity you had figured out for yourself but then realized you couldn't HACK it. You realized that you're not enough. You're too clumsy and too weak and too uncoordinated and you can't admit that shit to yourself and so you fucking think back to when you were a kid and coaster brakes worked fine then so why not now right?

Go fuck yourself. Grow up and ride that goddamn bike you fucking pussy faggot.
>>
>>992828
Shows what you know. I built up a fixie mountain bike once, it was a blast on flat and rollercoastery singletrack but you ran out of momentum on longer hills. Log hopping was extra interesting. We even had a website for off-road fixed back in the day: http://63xc.com/
(63" is a good compromise gear for mixed road and trail riding).
>>
>>989059
only 2 ways I can possible see, maybe in combination
1) Rear section twists left and right directly below the seat.
2) Front sections Forks move up and down in different directions, tilting the front wheel left and right.
Guessing by the bikes setup, it does both and with the increases in complex mechanisms, will break down and require regular maintenance/parts replacements.

True improvements on the design on bikes includes longer lasting, water/mud/etc resistant materials that weight less and handle stresses/temps of the road better than previous materials.
Simplification and strengthening of gear shifting mechanisms
Lighting simplification/safety reflectors/paint jobs/etc
Suspension system improvements
-including tire lining to protect from glass/metal/thorns
-longer lasting/tougher/easily repaired inner tubes(solid tubes prematurely wear out/destroy spokes and bike frames/shocks)
-tougher/better transmition of pedals to rear/or front tire(chains are still king because you can almost always fix them in the middle of no-where with little extra weight versus whole sale replacements of belts/drive trane)
-brakes(each their own/ will always wear out because friction is how all breaks work) reduce failure rates/increase ease of fix/replace/reduced carry cost to fix/replace

Electric bikes have an advantage of relatively simpler drive(almost always direct transmition)(recovery of power on down hills/braking)
Negatives of expensive/high weight/long charge/sensitive batteries/power supply.

Gas/motor
-VERY WELL developed(motorcycles anyone??)
-VERY CHEAP FUEL(100 mpg mopeds/motorcycles are entry level)
-High maintenance/high license/insurance/large amount of personal protection required/low traction in wet weather/winter not safe at all(winter biking is doable just because of extremely fat tires/good brake/gear setups)
>>
File: yuba.png (768KB, 1468x684px) Image search: [Google]
yuba.png
768KB, 1468x684px
I've been looking into electric bikes a lot lately. I'm moving from just outside san diego county to downtown denver and I'm looking for a car replacement. Pic is the idea I have right now.

It's a Yuba Mundo 7 speed with a 750W E-Rad conversion kit. I plan on making a 48V 60AH battery to put on the back cargo rack. and putting on some mountain bike tires.

It's 40 Miles from my new apartment to the nearest wilderness so 60AH should be more than enough to get me innawoods and back. The whole project should cost me about 3-4k, but I'm really excited to get started on it.
>>
>>993635
>Every argument you've presented I've debunked.
in you dreams faggot
you talk about logic rofl
>>
>>993912
ay fuck you buddy. I don't know why I'm even bothering with you. Anyone who reads our argument will see that you're full of shit and coming from a place of insecurity. Enjoy riding your shitty bikes and your pathetic life.
>>
>>993635
the pain is to deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XRY3LW7SoY
>>
>>993635
I'm taking this pasta
>>
>>993903
Why not buy a Rad Wagon and get an extra battery? That would cost half as much and require zero work.
>>
>>992231
it taps into the crank spindle
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.