[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: out.jpg (29KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
29KB, 500x378px
I don't understand the point of hiking, isn't it just walking in the woods? I want to do it because I want to learn how to identify plants and trees but what do you do when you hike? Do you talk to friends? When you're alone do you read books? Is there a purpose?
>>
You lurk on outdoor forums before you start stupid threads
>>
It's nice to go for a walk in the bush, get away from phone reception, traffic noise and the thoughts of work and day to day life get out of your head.

Just relaxation time for a bit.
>>
File: all fields.jpg (23KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
all fields.jpg
23KB, 700x466px
why do you wipe your ass? you're just going to shit again.
>>
>>988562
I checked the catalog and most of the threads were about hiking but not the reasoning for it. I'm just asking why people enjoy it/do it.
>>
>>988559
Where I live most hikes are above the tree line in the alpine. If all I was doing was walking through the woods I wouldn't be too big on it either.
>>
For me.
See wildlife
See bugs and plants and flowers
See mushrooms
You walk through pretty places only way to view is by hiking them
>>
>>988559
It's the mixture of endorphins released from exertion and seeing pretty things.

Same reason why you masturbate 10 times a day.
>>
It's something vegetarians do. If you're not a vegetarian, then buy a pack of hooks and some fishing line and do something real. You will learn more being a predator, then a grazer
>>
>>988559
op dont you know the reason people hike is to take pictures to post on instagram and the Internet. all about the sweet sweet juice likes and shares
>>
>>989759
This
Also to find future sweet chillout spots to just admire nature.
>>
>>989782
Sad how this is true
>>
>>988559
Kinda the same way desu. Only in the sense that I need a goal. For example, hiking to the top of a mountain, or to photograph mushrooms, or to climb a cliff, or to go off trail. I can't stand just a regular old loop and staying on trail. But I realize that I like the hike more than the goal, and the hike is meditative.
>>
>>988559
smoke some nice weed, talk and laugh with my friend, enjoying the forests, mountains (swissfag) and lakes and make some food
>>
>>988559
Hiking itself isn't the point of hiking. People hike for different purposes. Hiking is just the means by which you achieve something else.

For example, exercise, experiencing nature, personal challenge, social bonding, getting away from modern life, getting to remote locations for fishing, hunting, rock climbing or even work, and so on.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.