[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homesteading when poor??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

I want to buy land far away from all the filthy human abominations, near a woodland so I can just have a pond and some ducks and chickens and maybe some wildlife friends and build/grow a privacy hedge/screen all around whatever passes for my house. Except I have less than $10k to work with. WHY CAN'T I JUST BE FREE OF YOU VERMIN!?!
>>
>>988254

Start reading. If you don't have a strong understanding of how to make a proper cabin to live in you're not going to make it.
>>
See you there, OP.
>>
>>988333
My architectural knowledge is actually pretty extensive. If I'm going to build at all, it almost certainly won't be a log cabin. I prefer to build with brick - possibly that I fire myself, with tile roof. I might build with wood for lower cost/labor, but I wouldn't build log.
>>
>>988254
50k is pretty much the bare minimum. get to work wagie.
>>
Bumping for interest. I'm in similar condition to op.
>>
>>988254
Go back to r9k sperg
>>
>>988254
if you had what it took to make that 10k work, you wouldn't be asking for advice on 4chan.

save more money
>>
>>988547
It's just college loan debt.
>>
>>988551
oh boy are you fucked
>>
>>988547
>>988551
And it's not $10k. Hell, I wish it was.

>>988553
With this administration? Yeah, probably. They'll probably find some extra morbid way the rich can plunder the poor even more than they already are.
>>
>>988254
work hard, dont give up. Youll find a spot to settle out of the chaos of city life. Dont give up anon. I know I already said that, but think how about great it will be to wake up and watch the sunrise from your comfy cabin while you listen to the birds sing and you sip on your morning cup of joe... compare that to city mornings...
>>
>>988587
It won't be great. It's not the life I want. I don't take pleasure in my species being an abortion.
>>
>I want land for free
>WHY CAN'T I HAVE LAND FOR FREE???

Kids these days.
>>
>>988603
>Humans: I OWN LAND YOU HAVE TO PAY ME A CURRENCY I MADE UP! I CREATED THE EARTH!
Humans are fucking cancer.
>>
File: securitycam-cap.png (497KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
securitycam-cap.png
497KB, 800x533px
>>988591
Working in the shitty city is just the darkness before the day truly starts, mah man.

Budget like hell, cut spending corners where you can, and get out of the city! Youll be stuck there your whole damn life if you dont. It might take a while, but it will be worth it in the end.

Maybe a modest plot of land with a 500 sq ft house perhaps? I dunno. Work hard my /out/ broski.
>>
>>988614
>Budget like hell
You don't get it. I'm disabled. I only work 1 day a week to supplement my income and I can barely deal with that and only did it because the US government is so fucking stingy with benefits (while just handing literally billions to billionaires) that I was FORCED back into the workplace, which I'm about to jump even though I know I can't afford it. This species is immoral and I live in possibly one of the most immoral countries in human history. I just don't ever want to deal with humans ever again. I've never gotten anything but misery and regret from having anything to do with them. I just want to be left the fuck alone and you all to die out. I want to live somewhere where OTHER species can be free from your evil depredations, but there is literally nowhere left on the planet for that. You've invaded everything. For fuck sake, seals and penguins in Antarctica can't even be free of you vermin. "Muh bootstraps" is not a viable solution for me. Nor is homesteading even my desire. It's what I've been forced into to try to get the fuck away from you evil monsters.
>>
>>988620
>I'm disabled
let me guess. mental disability?
>>
>>988607
Yeah, we should go back to the good old days of tribal territorialism. I'm sure you could safely own all the land you wanted to.
>>
>>988631
>tribal territorialism
How is that different. No, we should go back to the good old days of you disease in ape form not existing.
>>
File: 1483062189570s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1483062189570s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>988620
Go to bed, kid.
>>
>>988635
>How is that different.
You can now actually own land by yourself in relative security and safety. It just takes money that can be gained through some sort of work.

vs. never being able to own your own land and being killed if you accidentally enter territory belonging to others.

It's not worth discussing though. You are just another disgruntled youth using romantic runaway fantasies as a means to escape from your mediocre life.

Why not actually do something about it? Why don't you research good land and set a goal to acquire the means to purchase property? Instead, you'll waste thousands of hours living vicariously online and this time next year, you'll still be the same loser living bitching about how awful modern life is.
>>
>>988639
I tried telling him that but he's to bitter/ autistic.

I pity him, though and I really hope in he can find the life of peace he seeks. Cities can be shit and I hope he can escape from that.
>>
>>988620
>I want to be left alone and live away from people
>bitches about social welfare benefits and having to actually work to supplement their lifestyle

Hilarious. This is delusions of grandeur x rampant sense of entitlement ^ abject dependence on others.
>>
>>988554

>rich can plunder the poor

I don't get this meme. How can you take something from someone who has nothing?
>>
>>988620
Just buy a plane ticket to one of the Canadian shield lakes and walk away into the wilderness and become one with nature. Ermines and ravens need food.
>>
>>988620
Our world is a joke anon, god said the maximum tax for a king is 10% of our wages. The only reason our world is so godless, is purely our own fucked fault for being so inhumane. I blame christianity and the Jews.
>>
>>988620
In the view of the natural world, you aren't entitled to life. In fact, if you can't support yourself you are encouraged to die off. Those humans that you hate so much are literally the only reason you are able to survive. If you are really only able to suffer through one day of work per week, homesteading isn't going to work for you. My advice to you is to either be content with your gibs or kys.
>>
>>988721
>I blame christianity and the Jews.
Mohamed?
>>
>>988620

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here it is
>>
>>988254
Sounds like you're better off in the homeless general thread.
>>
>>988700
You can take their labor for a pittance.
>>
>>988893
Why is their labor worth more than a pittance?
>>
>>988254
>learn all you can about permiculture/food forests
>watch all the EdibleAcres vids on YouTube
>market your skills as a live in food forest manager
>use maybe 4k for a camper or negotiate a living space on the land
>negotiate a salary for creating a food forest (5-8) year job
>create edible paradise and move on to the next land owner.
>>
>>988254
Even dick preonnoke had to have supplies flown in to him constantly.

You're not going to get close to his level of expertise.

So give up now and play the hermit card.
>tent in the woods
>steal marshmallows from nearby summer camp
>teeth rot out
>get caught by police
>/out/ makes a thread about you once a month pretending like we've never heard it before
>>
>>989033
Butthurt much?
>>
File: IMG_20170413_000647.jpg (25KB, 323x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170413_000647.jpg
25KB, 323x197px
Are you ready to go all the way ?

i know a place
>>
>>988422
but the logistics of digging clay, and building a wood brick kiln, let alone firing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk6md55wXQ&list=PL-vRsHsClLJ5TaamXpl02RidkWGxe96TB&index=4
45:40 = the bricking making
>>
>>988254
move to canada, we have endless woodland and cheap land, and even cheaper land tax
>>
>>988620
I HATE EVERYTHING HUMANS HAVE DONE, EXCEPT FOR THE PART WHERE I LEECH OFF OF THEM, I LIKE THAT PART
>>
>>991076
but what about lovely linen tunics and mead and dogs and cats, oh and music, and book of amazing fanciful stories and a comfy cup of tea or coco on a cold winter's night sitting alone by the fire? Come to Canada its better here
>>
>>988620
take that 10k. spend it all. live it up for a few weeks. travel. go to japan. get some backpacking items. go to the Aokigahara. survive as long as you can with what you brought with you. then hang yourself from a tree
>>
>>988620
>A disabled person on welfare ranting about how much he hates civilization

Wew. In the nature you love so dear, you'd have been shit out by scavengers years - possibly decades - ago. If you hate people that much then just kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>988620
Weakling, you would have died a long time ago if it wasn't for my tax $ that keep your useless ass alive.

and now you lash out at the hand that feeds you. I feed my dogs kibble and thats what they get because I'm the one paying. That makes it my call. You are exactly the same as my dog. If you dont like the kibble tough shit. Learn a skill or stay destitute. If you don't work, whatever the dole is is more than you deserve anyway.
>>
>>991153
harsh man but true
>>
>>988254
Literally don't listen to ANY of these fucking pussies.

A tent on half an acre with a place to fish can count as a homestead.

It all depends on what standards you're comfortable living under.

If you're some bitch cupcake that can't live like a third worlder then fuck right off back to hipster-ville.

Nothing but straight up materials should cost you money as a homesteader.

You don't need hardly anything to live.

Homeless people live inside of trash bags.

If you want a nice rustic home with internet in the forest, it just happens to have solar power... that isn't a homestesd you're just a yuppie.
>>
Work until you get enough money, dirty peasant. Then ypu'll be able to buy whatever you need to live as an hermit.
>>
>>991190
>t. First worlder
>>
>>991225
P.s. only been in the 1st world for the last 2 years
>>
>>991230
So you ARE a first worlder, huh? Figures.
>>
>>991231
>>991231
Nature vs nuture rah rah rah essentially youre dumber than a person who spent 45 years from birth in a shithole where they lick cow afterbirth
>>
>>988254
Not reading this same old thread because I always have the same old advice for you fuckers: Spend 10 years now making all the dough you possibly can while young. Save it. Don't buy shit you truly do not need. Then, if you still want to bail, you've got all you need for the rest of your life. Ten gran for every year off the grid is more than enough in today's dollars.
>>
>>988911
those profits have to come from somewhere.
>>
>>991238
And, apparently, you're one of those hipsters you seem to hate so much.
>>
File: 1490585133430.gif (327KB, 834x870px) Image search: [Google]
1490585133430.gif
327KB, 834x870px
>>988333
nice trips, heres the animated one if you want it
>>
>>991249
not the same guy but what's with this developed country/hipster shit like i'm from a developed country but where i'm from there arnt any of these cunts in fact I've only ever seen them passing through on their way to alaska and they're always from the states
>>
>>990966
im serious cunt
>>
>>991239
This guy gets it. That's really the only true answer to how to escape society.

I'm on my way now but I wish I started much earlier, I would have been free already
>>
>>991239
I wish I had known this 10 years ago. If I had taken it seriously I could be out now.
>>
>>991654
while it is a solid.thing to do, its not really an escape. more like retirement
>>
>>992297
Well, in my mind, it's largely semantics. Even the word "retirement" has very different meanings for different people.
>>
>>991654
I want to think it's not the only way.
Actually, using money to escape society sounds like an oxymoron, you just escape slavery.
Also, money isn't real value, again, it's social value.
I think getting by with as little money as possible (ideally, nada) is the true answer to escape society.
We just make ourselves overdependent on society and modern life and technology.
How, you will ask now, would it ever be possible to live without money in the modern world?
I want to think it can be possible, but it's probably not. But you can reduce your need for money as much as possible.

>>991190
This ism ore like what I'm thinking.
>>
>>992558
Make no mistake, in this world you'll always be owing some money to someone, so you might as well plan on building some income source.

But even with this in mind, you definitely will need to reduce your costs down to the minimum. Generating investment income is simple but not easy.

If you don't know the site already, Google 'early retirement extreme'. It's a step by step guide to exactly what you want to do. Many have achieved this and you can too. Why reinvent the wheel?
>>
>>991252
This is beautiful
>>
>>988874
>>991106
>>991153
>>991159

OP. These anons are telling you reality. Listen to them. Kill yourself or figure it out, up to you.
>>
>>988254
Move to Alaska with me and I already bought a 5 acre land, I plan on living off the land (after the 1 year wait to subsistence live).
>>
File: off-grid.jpg (47KB, 480x374px) Image search: [Google]
off-grid.jpg
47KB, 480x374px
Anybody have good ideas for books on building with simpler materials like wood or stone? or just ways to learn to build simple structures? or just independent living in general? currently want to make a hobbit hole but I would like more information for the future
>>
>>1000578
YouTube has a lot of videos on this. One in particular I like is from the "solarcabin" channel.

He shows how to outfit a premade home depot shed into a viable living space. Why make more work when you don't have to? Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/9npdnI7dKCg
>>
>>1000578
F E R R O C E M E N T
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.