[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me three situations where seven feet of paracord is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 18

File: utterly useless.jpg (27KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
utterly useless.jpg
27KB, 620x400px
Give me three situations where seven feet of paracord is the difference between life and death.
>>
I often wonder about such things and have come up with a few scenarios through my vivid fantasies.
1) could use as a swing rope if being pursued across a canyon
2) possibly as clothing, wrapping it around oneself would be a good insulator
3) use as a belt (having your trousers fall down could mean dying of embarrassment!)
4) use as a strangling weapon to defend against hostile animals
And that's not even getting into the sexy side of things, if you know what I mean! Paracrod fans will understand.
>>
>>987956
>between life and death
I mean you could probably hang youself with 7' of paracord and spare yourself the suffering.
>>
>>987956
When you strangle yourself
When you strangle somebody else
When you strangle whoever started the paracord/survival meme
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>987960
Yeee
>>
File: ice climbing.gif (1023KB, 447x365px) Image search: [Google]
ice climbing.gif
1023KB, 447x365px
>>987956
temporarily fix a piece of vital gear like a broken crampon binding or a snow shoe. losing one of those can make a 2 hour distance 10 hours. combine it with the onset of bad weather could spell disaster.

one could argue that different skills could solve a situation like that as well.
But its kinda like saying you don't need a bandage in you first aid kit because you can cut up your gear and improvise. same can be said about the paracord.
>>
Paracord will not save your life.

It's not even that good at anything.

People buy it because it's relatively cheap and easy to find, and holds knots well.
>>
>>987956
Damn these bracelets sure are cringy.
>>
Tie up a hooker, or get tied up by a hooker... could be another thread... when is it appropriate for each.
>>
bowdrill
>>
>>988027
Faggot spotted
>>
You need to dry your only t-shirt and pair of socks before the sun sets and the temperature plummets so you make a bomb ass 4' long clothesline and then write a book about it a decade later called "Paracord"
>>
>>987956

When you are trying to defend your virginity
>>
>>988042
he's right tho, if you are a man and wear anything other than a watch then you're either trying to show off or you're indeed a huge queer.
>>
Maybe you could use it to uh.. I unno, make a raft or something? That kinda sounds pretty life saving in my head.
>>
>>987956
Small repairs, I.e. Tying your broken straps on your pack.

Biggest thing I'd use it for is a tourniquet.

>not knowing that there's five strands inside for a total of 35 ft.

Yea paracord is a meme but you have to think outside of the box for survival, unfortunatly /out/ has a problem with that.
>>
>>987956
1) You are at the mall when SHTF. You use the paracord to tie boxes of cinnabon to yourself and walk to your bug out location disguised as a pile of cinnabon boxes.

2) You are in line at McDonald's when nutnfancy gear checks you. He checks off '7 feet of paracord' from his list which boots your self esteem enough that later that evening you refrain from slitting your wrists.

3) You are in line to get into Comicon and you forgot the snack pack your mom packed you. Famished, you survive by sucking the cheeto dust from the knots of your bracelet, so you don't lose your place in line and kill yourself over losing the best with your friends that carl from walking dead still has 2 eyes.
>>
>>988079
>25 ft

Fuck I must be drunk today
>>
You're sitting on the back of a horse under a branch on a sturdy tree.
The sheriff slaps the horses ass ( not you, the rump of the equine) and away it runs.
Seven foot of Paracord in a noose around your neck, tied to the branch means you dead.
No paracord, you live happy ever after in pony land.
>>
>>988079
>5 strands
Quit buying that cheap shit. True 550 paracord has at least 7 strands.
>>
>>988081
5 strands at 7ft is 35ft of strands, you were right the first time.

Could use it to make a bow drill
Could use it to fasten your knife to a spear haft
Could use on of the strands for a fishing line
Could use it to make weapon sling for hunting
Could use to make a medical sling if you hurt your arm badly
>>
>>988087
Strands are a meme.
>>
>>988080
3 more from me:

4) You are fapping to your sister's facebook feed. You decide to see if the asphyxiation meme is true. You tie your paracord around your neck and the other end to the doorknob. Shit this feel great, you think, as you pass out and tip over away from the door. Luckily the shitty 5 strand pseudo-chinkacord you bought can't handle your bulk and it snaps, saving your life.

5) You are working at the gun counter. A german shepherd walks in and asks bark. You tie your paracord bracelet around his neck, he pays and leaves. Another satisfied customer and you earn enough to pay for the aids meds that keep you from dying.

6) Fapping to you sister's facebook again. You really want a bite of that crunchwrap 7 feet away but you are close and don't want to break rhythm. Luckily you tied your paracord to the corner of the bag so you pull it over, take a bite, and boom goes the dynamite. Crisis averted you'll live another day.
>>
>>987956
You have no imagination.
>>
>>987968
It makes good boot laces since I can't find any decent leather laces locally.
>>
>>987968
> It's not even that good at anything
> Holds knots well

Where there you go
>>
>>988136
this and its very good as a clothline. Also small repairs. Not important, but practical gear
>>
>>988136
I tried them for a while and they got beat to fuck. Not to mention they cake up with mud and blood and all that shit, and stayed wet forever.

Much happier with Lawson's technora laces as they last pretty much forever.
>>
>>988113
And also:

7) You are out with the senpai and a rumble in your belly alerts you to an impending gas leak. But it is No Fart Tuesday and you'll just fucking kill yourself if you have listen to your dad lecture one more time about violating the NFT. You wad the paracord into a ball an lodge it in your asshole, where it acts as a muffler for the fart soon comes passing through. The odor almost gives you away, but luckily your dad was driving past zoo just as it hits everyone. The paracord was destroyed past usefulness.

8) You are eating a potato, raw this time because cant wait to cook it. Guess you should have chewed more thoroughly because potato is now lodged in trachea! Your friend helpfully tries to heimlich but can't get his arms around your ample girth. He and two other guys wrap the paracord around you and use it as a heimlich extender. The potato comes up and you re-eat it, but more carefully this time. Big win for all involved.

9) After a number of cats go missing in your neighborhood you are implicated in a cat bestiality scandal. You wrap the paracord around your eyes with just little slits to see out of, because if they can't see your eyes the face recognition doesn't work. After a few weeks on the lam things die down and you can come back home, which sucks for the replacement cats but great for you because they aren't wise to your antics.
>>
File: questioncat.gif (42KB, 269x300px) Image search: [Google]
questioncat.gif
42KB, 269x300px
>>987956

Extra questshuns:
1) How many of you actually using such a bracelet have unravelled it at least once as tool for something?
2) How long would it take a moderately skilled /out/ist to actually wrap it back into a bracelet after emergency use?
2.5) Do you actually do that?
Pardon the derpyness, inquiring idiot wants to know.
>>
>>987959
>>988029
>>988053
>>988064
>>988080
These are legit
>>
>>988163
here we go again:

10) You desperately want an asian GF but they won't even talk to you. You decide to take revenge by eating more than $5.99 worth of food at the chinese buffet. Several hours in your foot is so swole you blow out your shoelaces while carrying a plate of fried rat intestine. Unable to reach your foot you talk the waiter into installing a paracord lace, thereby enabling you to complete your mission and exit the establishment without leaving a tip.

11) Your friend claims he claimed Tsugumi but you know you claimed her first. You make a sling out of your paracord and put a rock through one of his eyes. Like Tsugumi would want a guy short an eye.

12) A beanbag chair on display at walmart is as good a place to rest as any. You wake up at like 11PM when al the normies have left and the place is full of meth heads, which you mistake for the zombie apocalypse. You burn the paracord and smear the remains all over yourself so you look and smell like them. The scooter battery is dead because you stupidly left the light on again but luckily the ice cream is still frozen so you eat a box while resting on the hike back to the car, because the zombies could hear you crunching those chips.
>>
>>988066

Don't kid yourself. Watches are faggy.

The're just jewelry. In situations where you need to know the time, aka in civilization day to day life, you've got your phone.

>inb4 " need to know when the sun sets for muh survival"

It's a fashion accessory, nothing more.
>>
>>988080
>>988113
>>988163
>>988222
it often goes unsaid on image boards, but I really liked youre posts. they made me laugh, thanks anon. :)
>>
>>987964
If you're wearing crampons, chances are you're carrying climbing-grade accessory cord.

5mm nylon cord will do for backup, 6mm has you a nice cordelette for anchor building, prussiking, and crampon fixing.
>>
File: 1487797485046.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1487797485046.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
>>988113
>A german shepherd walks in and asks bark.
>mfw
>>
>>987968
>Parachute cord isn't good for anything.
Parachutes?
>>
>>987964
Wheeeee!!
>>
>>988222
maybe last one:

13) At the local park it is hard to take pictures without the parking lot in view. Where else could you set up your tarp so you can make fun of tentfags on /out/? You use the paracord to tie one corner up to a swing set so that it obscures the gazebo. Makes a great addition to the thread you make about hiking the PCT.

14) This is a very high traffic restroom and if someone hears your pee splash you'll die of embarrassment. Pulling the strands out of your paracord you stretch the jacket over the tip of your penis and drop the other end into the toilet. Peeing into your hasty peetube results in your pee entering the toilet below the surface of the water for a completely noiseless experience.

15) They said you could start a fire by rubbing two sticks together but there is no fucking way. Guy at the campgroud store isn't just going to give you a lighter but he will trade for your paracord bracelet and your GF's worn panties. Last time you eat cold hot dogs there is like 100 lights in this thing.
>>
>>988244
Slipped into /k/ mode for a second there.
>>
>>988240
Thanks!
>>
File: 1490390351067.png (2MB, 1634x1592px) Image search: [Google]
1490390351067.png
2MB, 1634x1592px
>>988261
thank you
>>
>>988232
Don't take offense in me asking but are you actually brain damaged?
>>
File: ForcedMeme.jpg (101KB, 620x423px) Image search: [Google]
ForcedMeme.jpg
101KB, 620x423px
>>988274
Fucking shed bears...
>>
>>987956

getting drunk and tying your gf up because she wants something new tonight

losing your belt after getting drunk (i had to do this in uniform once)

you are all out of shit to make a tourniquet and absolutely gotta stop the bleeding
>>
File: PEPEDEFROAG.gif (516KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
PEPEDEFROAG.gif
516KB, 387x305px
>>988274
>See somebody else post a meme I made
>mfw
>>
No life or death situation.

About the only time I have ever used it was in a car park.

Some woman was driving out, and hadn't realised that her front bumper was dragging on the road , scraping and shrieking along the tarmac - someone had caught her car in the car park, and she hadnt noticed.

I tied it back to the windscreen wiper shaft with paracord. so she could get home.

How she had not heard it dragging along the road I can only guess, but I've seen 2 women drivde off with the handbags on the roof, and one driving along with someones backpack stuck under the sump, so nothing surprises me...
>>
>>988136
>It makes good boot laces
>>988153
>and its very good as a clothline
Not a particularly good choice for either because it stretches a lot.
>>
>>988196
Trick question. When you try to unravel it, it disintegrates because all the ground in dirt, salt and sweat has abraded the cord wherever it touches your skin.
>>
>>987956
isis points gun at u and say if u don't have 7 feet paracord u die
>>
They come in handy sometimes.

I used to volunteer at an op shop and we were hanging a bunch of pictures on the wall, we didnt have any string or wire, youd be surprised how many frames you can hang if you tear one of those motherfuckers apart.

Another time I was helping a buddy move and we needed to tie his boot closed, 7 foot was enough.

Look at them like disposable one use items, theyre much more reasonable that way, its like carrying a hank of cordage without carrying a hank of cordage.
>>
>>988257
>>987964
Holy shit did he live? Please say no, we don't need those genes walking around.
>>
>>988818
>did he live?
yes
>we don't need those genes walking around
technically speaking that won't be a problem :3c
>>
I use mine to hang ham radio antennas from a 9 metre fishing pole (inverted V). When not radio-ing, I just hang one the many edgy /pol/worthy flags I own. In unfamiliar places, a landmark like that can help especially when you're in a group that separates for whatever reason.

I have some short pieces that are remains from when I cut some cords. I use them to tie tools to my jacket or bag. My reasoning is that it takes forever to grab that compass or pen or whistle or firestarter out of the depths of your bag. So I just tie them to the outside of my bag or around a belt for easy access.
>>
>>987964
This is why I say fuck ice climbing
>>
File: DSCN1936.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1936.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>987956
I have this paper that came with my first survival bracelet
>>
>>988952
that made me vommit on my dog
>>
>>988952
>People buy this
>>
>>988196
Only time I ever used one was to make a makeshift leash for some random dog (puppy) that ran up to me. Returned it to their shitty owner (Cell # was on the tag on dogs collar).
Takes me about 30-40 minutes to make a bracelet.
>>
>>987956
>A man accosts you alone in a dark alley and demands 7 feet of paracord or he'll shoot
>You're on a plane that is going down, luckily MacGyver is also aboard and all he needs to fix the engines is 7 feet of paracord, and some chewing gum and a 5$ bill that have already been provided by other passengers
>A man accosts you along in a dark alley and demands 7 feet of paracord or he'll stab you
>>
File: KEK_Knives_Farson_Blade.png (264KB, 520x292px) Image search: [Google]
KEK_Knives_Farson_Blade.png
264KB, 520x292px
>>987956
1) When building a debree shelter, paracord can be used to secure the main structure.

2) You're somewhere up and you don't want to roll/fall down in case you fall asleep.

3) Someone is trapped somewhere and you need leverage. You can't do a flip flop winch with 7 ft of paracord, but you can use it to get a grip of the object or use it as a hanging fulcrum.

>>988952
>'can build a snare'
>Step by step instructions on how to unwrap 'your Paracord'
>Good luck!
>>
>>987957
What the fuck even
>>
>>987959
top kek
>>
File: 1490262673971.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490262673971.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>987957
What?
>>
>>987956
Dunno but i take a 1,000 foot roll camping. So fucking handy...
>>
>>987956
has anyone unwrapped one of these? the paracord is curlier then my pubes.
>>
>>987964
thought it was an angry ghost from the thumbnail
>>
>>987956
>A man holds you at gunpoint and requires you to produce seven feet of para cord or he shoots.
>A woman does the same
>A dog that talks says he'll rip your throat out if you don't play fetch with seven feet of paracord
Good enough?
>>
>>987956
>tie the hands and feet of some person you meet in the wild and have to restrain for some reason
>exercise your bondage kink
>pinch-off the blood circulation of a heavily bleeding limb
>do jump rope exercises
>transport a dead deer or other animal carcass after killing it
>hang yourself
>span a rope for a tarp roof
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>get some water out of a hole by tying a bottle
>last resource tourniquet
>use it to maje your ponchó a shelter

I dont even wear a bracelet on my wrist, i just put it in my pack straps and forget about it.
>>
>>988352
Fuck anon i drug my harley down the interstate 20 miles with paracord.

Shit is too fucking handy
>>
>>987956
>repairing your gear in harsh weather
>improvising a shelter with tarps or trash bags
>bow drill to start a fire
>>
>>987956
Well I have a small spool in my Jeep bag that I keep the good steal able stuff in, just in case some jerk thinks no doors = free stuff.

I've used it once or twice to tie something on the roof in addition to whatever straps or shit I normally have. Its a bit to stretchy for a dedicated tie up rope, but it makes me feel better that I really tried my best to make sure shit doesn't fall off and kill someone.

That said, 7 feet is not long enough to really do anything.
>>
>>987956
I got magical piano playing skills from the devil, and he'll steal my soul if I don't trade him seven feet of paracord before midnight tonight!
>>
>>991163
you must not know how the devil works, he already owns your soul
>>
File: Nike-Special-Field-Air-Force-1.jpg (88KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nike-Special-Field-Air-Force-1.jpg
88KB, 1000x600px
>>987956
>>
>>991163
Damn. I gave him mine for 7' of cord. I've got this killer bracelet now, but I can't take it off. The shit melts in hell. Leather is God tier.
>>
>>991203
Is that real? This is the first time I've wanted a pair of nikes in 30 years.
>>
>7ft of Paracord (2.1m)

How much would you need for some emergency abseiling?
>>
I can't. I mostly use mine at work. I work retail and keep paracord bracelets on hand for securing large items in vehicles.
>>
>>988196
I have unravled one. I couldn't rebraid it as a bracelet, so I made a key gob. Took less than 5 minutes
>>
>>987957
>1) could use as a swing rope if being pursued across a canyon

My sides
>>
>>987957
Fuckin' kek
>>
>>987956
When your autism bracelet would have de-escalated an agressive encounter
>>
>>988089
>fasten your knife to a spear haft
>weapon sling for hunting
good meme
>>
>>988818
>we don't need those genes walking around.

Numale faggot detected. Kill yourself.
>>
It's a shoelace, it's a belt, it's full of thread if you can find a needle. It's a clothesline, it's a tourniquet. It helps lash together the framework of a lean-to. It's part of a fire bow or drill.

You can get buckles that incorporate whistles, compasses, and firesteels. It costs under $5 and you don't have to wear it on your wrist. You can throw it in a bag.
>>
>>987968
It holds knots but goes limp as muh dik in the wet, so shit gets saggy anyway
>>
>>989263

>debree
>you must be retarded to want to build one of those on a camping trip

Theory confirmed
>>
Duct tape is all around better in the bag anyway.

>can be used to tape up leaking water bottles
>can be used with paper towels to wrap up any wound
>can fix up a leaking tent
>can be rolled up into emergency rope so you can fuckin kill yourself
>>
>>992014
I'm just picturing some autist on the edge of a canyon frantically unraveling his paracord bracelet as a gang of wolves close in on him
>>
File: C905.jpg (171KB, 700x812px) Image search: [Google]
C905.jpg
171KB, 700x812px
>>994800

This, here's the real MVP of field repairs, had to fix a shoe that was coming apart, turns out it's waterproof too.
>>
I've seen way more fashion accessories made with paracord than actual uses.
>>
>>988952
Well my asshole isn't gonna come out of this cringe anytime soon. Thanks anon
>>
"Why is cordage useful?" Go outside faggot
>>
>>987959
>Based Pepsi

Came here to suggest this.
>>
>>987956
possible uses: fix gear that crapped on you, quickly build a shelter with in strong wind and chill, use as fishing line, use in a trap mechanism, make a spear out of your knife to fend off something nasty hunting you.

i'm not saying it's not mostly a meme, but cordage can be fucking handy.

>>987960
>whoever started the paracord/survival meme
that would be the instruction manuals for paratroopers and pilots i assume. the harvesting and use of paracord would make a hell of a lot of sense for them.
>>
>>988261
I died at 14
>>
most people who buy them wont unwrap them - because they are preeetttttty.
>>
Why not carry a full-blown rope?
>>
File: .jpg (233KB, 700x689px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
233KB, 700x689px
I just tied my fist bracelet.
It would have to be a real emergency for me to undo all that shit.

Anyone know any good/cheap beads for them?
>>
File: thnunderbirds laughing.gif (510KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
thnunderbirds laughing.gif
510KB, 480x228px
>>987957
>(having your trousers fall down could mean dying of embarrassment!)
>>
>>987956
That's the fedora of the outdoor community.
>>
>>988232

I have a gear S3 with a leatherman tread band, pretty much never have to carry anything in my pockets as it's a phone/gps/wallet/multitool
>>
>>987957
this first post
is it
dare I s-say it
the best post
>>
>>987956
https://youtu.be/LSAFcnryoEw

Day after this happened I ordered my paracord.
I took it on a ski trip where someone broke their arm, and I pulled it out to offer the guy to use it as an arm support.
He looked at me like I was some rope fetishist.

I stopped carrying it on that day.
>>
>>998717
Note that even a short length would allow yourself to support yourself from a ledge, given an anchor point. Maybe even hide there.

>I stopped carrying it on that day.
Bad decision.
>>
>>998717
Did you neglect to mention the term "First Aid" or splint.

A triangular bandage might have been more useful.

Did you even have a splint handy?
>>
>>987956
I'm a homeless nomad. I used mine in the following situations:,cloth lines, to secure a door while squating, to denial a door space while squating, to make my things less easy to be robbed while sleeping.
>>
>>987956
Its not one cure all tool but cordage is really valuable in the bush ive found. Lets say you are in a habitat with no plants to make cordage out of an you need string for a bow drill. Stuff like that
>>
File: mvq.jpg (8KB, 246x278px) Image search: [Google]
mvq.jpg
8KB, 246x278px
>>987956
It doesn't have to be a life and death situation in order for me to bring it. I've used it for some mundane, practical things like hanging my clothes up to dry in camp.
>>
>>998717
>>998735
You rewrap it everyday? LMAO
>>
>>998822
>imblyign
I can't speak for other anons, but I keep a fifteen foot hank in my car and a ten foot hank in my pocket. Not wrapped up in a bracelet or some other meme shit, just bundled.
>>
>>998717
i bet those window hangers wished they had a paracord bracelet
>>
1. when it's a noose
2. when you're the FNG at your unit and they haze you by taking you to the roof, tying one end of a length of paracord a few feet longer than the building is tall to a cinderblock and the other end to your dick, and throwing it off
3. when you use it as a whip to seize the golden statue of Harambe before the Baron von Hottentot can seize it for his thousand year reich
>>
>>998822
I only do that when I'm squating in dangerous locations and the spot permit that. If the use is not constant, it is in the bracelet.
>>
>>998835
or a gun
>>
Every time i go /out/ I use paracord to hang my pack from a tree, hang my wet clothes / shoes from a tree, hang bucket from tree, and i will use it to hang myself when the police are closing in.
>>
>>988261
you should write for [insert name of your favorite comedy show]
srsly
>>
>>1001729
you could use any fucking line for that even fishing line.
>>
>>987956
this is stupid. just buy one of those 100ft tightly wrapped bundles for practically nothing and throw it in your bag and leave it until you have a need.
>>
>>1001935
You overestimate fishing line's ability to hold my weight
>>
File: 1489893455420.jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1489893455420.jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
>>987956
1. Tourniquet
2. Tourniquet
3. Tourniquet
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.